• once a week

Votes: 154 12.7%
  • twice a week

Votes: 56 4.6%
  • everyday until I run out

Votes: 50 4.1%

• Total voters
What's up Quasi,

I really like the way you explained how psychedelics have had a positive effect on you. I like tripping around once a month, sometimes twice, but that isn't often. I feel the same way, for me cubensis and lsd sort of take me out of any bad direction I may being heading in my life and pull me back on track. It basically centers and refocuses me on my goals and motivates me to push myself to my potential. Sounds kind of crazy when I type it out, but whether the trip is intense and sometimes dark or uplifting and full of genuine happiness, I always learn something more about who I am.

great post amigo,

-djstrip

recently i bought a vial but then smashed it (then regretted, but also i was unsure of the quality) i tripped too often and it got psychologically tiring

maybe 30 times a year?

hmm, i seem to be tripping more often than most here heh.

i cycle though substances though. sometimes i got for the tryptamines (which i love), sometimes of empathogens, sometimes for lsd or 2cs. never the same every week, some weekends are off... so maybe about ~20-30 trips/year? sounds much...

as for the health aspect? i think i use the same principle to avoid bad trips. when i feel like a trip is a bad idea, or a particular substance doesnt fit, then i just dont do it. i have confidence that my body knows whats best for it :)

Once upon a time, before the skinner/pickard bust, tripping was an every weekend affair, acid was plentiful, high quality, and cheap. The only thing that weirded me out was, after months of taking high dose lsd every week, I started to develop a stutter (when I wasn't high). When I calmed down on on it, the stuttering went away. I can't prove the acid caused it, but I don't know what else it could have been. Stuttering does not run in my family.

Nowadays, I like to trip once ever 4-6 weeks, and there are no noticeable health/side effects that I am aware of. Although now it's mostly rc psychs, with the occasional lsd trip.

in 2008, I tripped like..50 times that year maybe ? Maybe even more than that...Then in 2009, I probably tripped slightly less than 2008, and then in 2010 I tripped out maybe once a month. And Since May 2010, I've only tripped like 4 or 5 times I think.

About every other week.

How healthy?

Incredibly healthy, it always leaves me with a refreshed and positive attitude towards life.

Sometimes I'll go a few months with out tripping, maybe even half a year... It's no big deal whatsoever.

All is good in the world of psychedelics from my personal experience. Yours may vary.

i would say 10time a year, but if i could do it more often, i would
psychedelics are very good for my ADD and for my self-esteem
I almost always use shroom, sometimes acid

only a few times a year these days
and i'm much picker than i used to be, rarely eating anything i didn't grow/produce myself

I tend to trip every week at minimum using LSD. But as tolerance increases slowly and the effects become less prominent I take a break for a few months, then go back to the norm.

I've had no side effects, no HPPD, no nothing. I actually think a lot of 'I have HDDP' claims are actually just perception changes due to psychedelics.

Mmmmm....

in winter, 1-2x a month, often lowish doses. In summer, when the weather is nice, almost every weekend - but again, sometimes low doses.

No health sideffects that I can trace to psychedelics.
Diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome recently, but i don't think that can be caused by psyches.

If i've been going heavy on the 2C's, sometimes i get mild visuals while sober, but this has always gone away with a few week break.

I've always wondered if it had negative effects on cognitive functioning.
Not in the sense that most of you are referring to though.

I trip 1-2 times a year, if I can. Not as much as I would like, but I have a family, which makes it hard, and I do not trip when I am in Japan, so I have to wait until I am on vacation and my family does not need me. I suppose I am lucky to trip even once a year.

My three periods when I tripped the most:

When I was in college, from around 20-22 years old, I tripped often on LSD and mushrooms. Probably twice a month, on the average.

Before my first child was born, I wanted to prepare psychologically, so I tripped on fairly large doses of mushrooms every week for about 2-3 months. It was a bit much, though I learned a lot and had some fantastic experiences. It did help prepare me, I think, but I was dealing with trying to overcome memories of abuse, and it was a very forceful type of psychotherapy. If I had it to do again, I would trip every two weeks, I think.

Writing my dissertation, I used small doses of LSD every 3 days or so in order to help with insight, energy, and creativity. I also used mescaline occasionally for the same purposes. Very helpful, but by the end I was definitely a bit paranoid and delusional. A short break brought back normalcy.

Usually a few times a month. Was tripping on acid every weekend for a while the past few months, but have slowed down somewhat now. Planning a great bike ride/trip for tomorrow though.

Usually I only get to do so a couple times a year (supply is pretty strapped around here). But lately, there's been a lot more in town than usual. I've tripped at least 6 times this year and I'll probably do so at least 2 more times within the next month or so. After that who knows.

I feel like every trip has helped me come to terms with something in my life, in some sense. My trips aren't always good, but usually more so than not, and have been lately for the most part. Emotionally, I feel these substances help me in many ways, I can't help but feel I've become a better person in these past several years. I still have my faults, as does everyone, but I think my intentions have shifted more towards the better.

I do feel compelled to mention that my life is not exactly perfect in any regard, and this has lead to confusion and clouded judgment on my part. It is hard for me to discern what effects these substances are truly having on me in the greater scheme. Lately, I have been partial to delusional thoughts and other disturbances but whether this is due to the substances I have taken or not is still to be determined. I thought I had been doing my part to respect the chemicals and myself, and compared to some I seem a lightweight. Maybe I'm unlucky, maybe it's in my genes, I don't know. I don't wish to stop, but it might be for the better, at least for the time being.

We few who choose to journey the path less traveled might not all be suited for it. I fear I may be one of them.

I probably only use lsd maybe once a year, similar with 2cb/ci. MDMA if that counts 2 or 3 times a year, but mushrooms probably 20 times a year minimum- but I pick them for free so that's probably why so frequently. I've taken them for years and rarely tire of them.

I think I've been doing them once or twice a month, for the past few months anyway. I'm pretty new to them. My bf trips probably three times a month. I always trip with him, he trips alone though sometimes.

I tried mushrooms twice and I don't think they were good for me. Made my anxiety a gazillion times worse. Still trying to get it back to normal-ish. I know now that I shouldn't have taken them but I did and I don't think I will do mushrooms until I'm more stable :p

Its probably easiest for me to sort it in the different psychedelics as each have their own usage pattern and health benefits / disadvantages.

LSD: I've been doing LSD roughly once each month for the past four years, with the occasional exception of doing two trips in a month or even two in a week, usually those moments are rare and its really quite strictly once a month. I chose that a while back to prevent ány tolerance (I don't have any, my trips are just as intense as they always were) and to have each trip still feel special because there are so many sober days in between, this works really well for me. I have no flashbacks or HPPD or any negative effects whatsoever, and there are even some positive sides; like a positive afterglow that leaves me more motivataed for up to two weeks, and a lot of insight in my own person and conciousness which has helped me grow as a person, not to mention the great memories, inspiration etc. that I get from it.

Mushrooms: Haven't done them in years, but back then I used to trip on them every three months or so, if I'd do ány more I'd get actual HPPD that wouldn't go away for atleast six months, even with the well spaced trips I had nearly continous flashbacks for a few weeks after each trip, although mushrooms álso gave the biggest benefits; a phobia completely disappearing in 2006 and nót returning for example, and the most intense personal growth; I can't think of any substance I learned and gained more from then shrooms, but they also give me the most flashbacks / can too easily cause HPPD in me. I think this is all because I'm extrémely sensitive to psilocin, 1 gram of fresh mushrooms gives intense visual and psychological effects, higher doses can lead to egodeath lasting up to 10 hours. I have low body weight and get more visuals from ány substance then most people I know, but this is most extreme with mushrooms.

2c-b: Only tried recently but have done 4 times now, that typically also had a month in between, this combined with LSD makes for 1-2 trips a month as sometimes I'll just combine the LSD and 2c-b in one trip, which works well too. 2c-b has given me no negative side effects ever, not in the short or long term, and no HPPD or flashbacks either. It shares its afterglow with LSD but I find it the least 'deep'; its more euphoric fun with neon patterning static then a real trip, but I like the substance nonetheless, recreational value is also valuable to me.

Dissociatives: Not psychedelics, but can be seen as psychedelic. I get visuals from these and interesting changes in thoughtline and creative thoughts so they can be interpreted as psychedelic. I do two dissociatives; ketamine and nitrous, both with their own usage pattern. Ketamine is on average once a week but there are exceptions both ways, sometimes I leave 2-3 weeks in between while at other moments I do it 2-3 days in a row, average once a week though. Positive effects from this are a long afterglow, up to more then a week which is strong and which is, I assume, its antidepressant effect. No negative other then a slightly deminished skill to remember words for 1-3 days after a heavy binge, this always restores completely within one week and I blame metabolites still being in the blood. I'd rather keep usage down to twice a month but I'm too easily persuaded into doing some, even by myself. I wouldn't call it addicted, just véry very fond of the substance, but health seems to be absolutely normal if not better then ever recently so its not a problem.

Nitrous has a more random pattern, no health benefits or problems noted ever but I pay attention to my health and take enough vitamine b12 around nitrous binges, it ranges from once a month to three times a week depending on if I have any.

The only real 'permanent' negative health issue has to do with smoking hash; my lungs are a bít more sensitive to bronchitis-like coughs but if I sleep well and consume a lot of vitamin C I don't get it at all, its just that befóre smoking I never had bronchitis, after starting weed and hash I got it a few times a year and after starting with a daily 1 gram vitamine C intake, I haven't had it :) Still, my lungs can't be too healthy; smoke is bad.

The classical psychedelics have had only positive effects and dissociatives a lót more positive then negative, and the only negative being relatively short term and very minor, so I'm pretty happy with my usage patterns and hope to keep them this way.

How often do/can you roll and trip?

I've never rolled before but personally I like to wait 2 weeks between trips. Not because of tolerance but because if I trip every weekend for a while I start to feel a bit fried and spacey. I like to keep my mental stability.

What about you? What are your drug using habits?

Merged in thread/question about tripping frequency (and a few others were also mega-merged)... you can ask the same question for rolling / taking MDXX compounds in the ED forum, hopefully they have a nice poll as well! :)