Votes: 251 20.7%
  • once a week

Votes: 154 12.7%
  • twice a week

Votes: 56 4.6%
  • everyday until I run out

Votes: 50 4.1%

• Total voters
as long as you dont lose touch with reality i say as often as possible. and i havent been able to get ahold of real hallucinogens in like a year :(

I would say that before each trip, really look into how you feel. Are you happy? Introspective? Depressed? Whatever you are, you need to take that into consideration, especially if you've been tripping a lot. Personally, I would never take a psychedelic if I had felt recently traumatized, overwhelmed, stressed, or really unhappy in any way. (Although for some people acid helps them with these problems)

Know yourself, and don't lose sight of yourself. If you ever have ANY doubts about embarking on a trip, really take a breather and stop and think. If you feel out of it or too anxious or anything when you're straight, I'd say hold off and recuperate. Beyond that it seems like it's mostly gonna be your decision.

I only had strong visual hallucinations the first time I took acid. Now there are just minor color distortions (I'm not prone to visual hallucination, I'm the kind of person that hears voices and feels sensations that aren't real). I'm pretty much only tripped in the day time though, I've stared at clouds but not stars. I was under the impression that LSD did not have a taste. I've had mint flavor liquid before, and liquid dropped on mints, but the only time I took a blotter it just tasted like paper, and sugar cubs just tasted like sugar cubes. I don't consciously plan out how often I trip, once a month is my general max but I just take the L when it comes my way. It doesn't come around too often so that regulates my usage for me.

last new years, before that probably every 4 months on average... (more when i was in uni)

Re: mistajeff,
LSD blotters should be tasteless, so if you ever taste a bitter or sour one then chances are you are consuming DO* or something other than L itself..
I haven't had any experience with liquid but I'm pretty sure it has different tastes to it.. Just depends what bottle it is stored in.

To OP,
when I first started experimenting we were dropping about 2 tabs per trip every 3 weeks or so.
After a while we started to realize that we recieve a rather more genuine experience if we respected it more and spaced out our rides.
Too much acid does have the tendency to trigger psychological problems, and as stated already you have to judge yourself how often you are capable of taking it.

What I mean by visuals is color distortion, if I were to look at words they would wiggle.. In the mirror my face would morph ahah. And I didn't have that freaky experience because I was depressed or anything like that :S I'm an EXTREMELY happy person haha I know the LSD trip has a lot to do with the person and how they think.. If I was feeling down at all, I probably wouldn't want to take it

Once a week for me when I have nothing else going on.

Merging into a good thread on this topic. Read from the beginning to see other's experiences. :)

Last edited:
That's okay; I can unmerge it for a while. :)

If you ever have any feedback to give send me a PM. :)

Anyways here's the awesome thread I was about the merge it with. It has 16 pages of informational goodness.

How often do you trip?

Last edited:
I eat L on average once or twice a month through sometimes I will go 5 or 6 weeks eating L every weekend (usually the summer). Other times, I will go a couple months without eating any. Just depends on supply and schedule. I rarely use any other psychedelics besides LSD any more it seems.

I've done acid 9 times over the space of about a year, although the majority of those trips were in the last six months. I find about a fortnight between trips keeps it special enough to be worthwhile.

I did acid a couple weeks ago. It was the blanks, and I only did 1.5 but it was sweet. I love not having a tolerance anymore:]

Once ever 1-2 months generally, although it can be anything up to 4 months inbetween sometimes. That said, when I do take it, I've generally dosed on the high-ish side (250ug+). That's enough for me as in my early 20s I went a bit silly with LSD (twice a week for god knows how long - something like 6 months) and ended up a bit fragile for a while...

Voted once a month, but I'm a seasonal tripper also. Considerin my new found love for DMT it could well be twice a month, but then that doesn't really count as tripping for me, due to the shortness of the experience

I stop taking LSD at least twice during the course of a day in order to urinate :D

tbh if i get a gram of 2Cx i'll get through it in a week or two, i also went on a 4 day 2C-B binge at a music festival... but i don't binge on LSD or shrooms (i used to once a month or so) and only did mescaline once and don't think i prepared it properly coz it didnt do much