Votes: 251 20.7%
  • once a week

Votes: 154 12.7%
  • twice a week

Votes: 56 4.6%
  • everyday until I run out

Votes: 50 4.1%

• Total voters
I typically trip 2-3 times a month, depending on my stash. I used to dose L at least 4 times a week and then went 2 years without tripping. I think it evens out a bit. Tripping is first, and foremost, a recreational activity so dont come at me with not 'using' psychs the right way.

I only get around to maybe once or twice a year. I could imagine getting into it you'd do it more often, just for me it's such a big deal that once I'm done even if I had a blast it's like "woah, won't be doing that again for a while". It's like a feel satisfied.

Plus I find it hard to find a really good time to trip, I'm very selective about who I trip with an under what circumstances. At night? Never. More than 2 or 3 people? Never. Bad weather/rain? Never. Any sort of obligations in the next 24 hours? Never. Stuck inside? Never. Stuck outside? Never. And I make sure I don't have to worry about my parents calling me or asking what I'm up to so I take of that beforehand. As you can see, while being a full time student and part-time worker in the rainiest part of the U.S., it's not easy to trip all that often.

I always feel like my life is split into sections between trips. My life is significantly different between each trip.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who trips once a week..

I find it hard to find a really good time to trip,

this is very true for me aswell.
i trip around twice a year on high-dose psychedelics, but i need circumstances to be right.
i want to have obligations/scores settled and stuff i've been procrastinating taken care off.
ideally, i'd be ready to die then and there.

although that doesnt apply to low-dose dissociatives or serotonergic drugs, with those i try to stick to once/month

I've integrated the psychedelic experience completely into my human experience. It takes a lot of work and practice...but with focus I can be 'tripping' anytime I want. This is the opposite of what some call "HPPD"...this is complete integration of the psychedelic mindset into daily existence. It is like an angry person learning to be calm and then practicing calmness...it doesn't work all the time (even the most calm people get angry) but when I practice hard, I exist in the iboga or 5-MeO-DMT state at will...especially when I play 'iboga music.'

I don't treat it as mandatory, but unless I have something better to do with a weekend, I like to trip then. :) So i guess once a week is my default as for now. I understand how most of us prefer to take trips less often and generally don't recommend taking psychedelics on every opportunity.

Anywhere from acne a week to once a month.
It's rare I go a month without at least some psychedelic experience

This year I've only tripped like 3-4 times total on psychedelics, and a few handfuls of times on dissociatives. I suspect I'll probably be tripping more frequently during August though when I have Woodstock and other things lined up. :D

Generally twice a month or so lately, although I have tripped twice in a week before (once on morning glory at home/one time taking 2c-b at a festival) but generally I try to space my trips out at least a couple weeks apart. I'm actually considering taking a break from tripping and just going back to weed for a while. Weed is AWESOME after you've tripped a number of times :)

Once a month for psychedelics. I use dissociatives in between when and if I want.

2-3 times a year, not counting dissociatives and smoked DMT.

From age 18-21 I would trip on at least a weekly basis if psychedelics were available. In the days between our tryptamine/LSD trips we would usually smoke ridiculous amounts of weed, use cocaine on an increasingly regular basis, and use ecstasy at least twice per month. But then my close friends and I unanimously agreed to slow down. I abstained from all drugs except marijuana for 4 years, though I did take a 2 year break from marijuana.

Now that I'm back into tripping it's hard to say how much I'll do it. The only substances I have any interest in are tryptamines and ergoloids. I'd like to trip on at least a weekly basis, but it's hard to find time in between work and everything. I think I've used LSD 3 times in roughly a 4 week period recently.

It's been all over the map over the years, but this year I seem to naturally be chilling out a bit. Dissociatives a few days a month, and psychs added in maybe every other month.
I was going to hard the last couple years, it got pointless for a bit.

Whenever I come into posession of psychedelics, which is from about once every two months, up to twice a month.

Usually around once every two months or so. It depends on my supply really. If I had reliable connects I could see myself tripping more often than that.

Once every three months is the sweet spot for me. I've noted virtually no negative side effects from the use of psychedelics, even in full on immersive dosages and poly drug combinations, at this frequency.

I have had periods in which I tripped with greater frequency (once a week or twice a month at my most reckless), with notable negative side effects both during and after the trip. Chronic side effects were mostly increased anxiety and paranoia, though nothing I couldn't deal with using meditation, diet, exercise and a healthy dose of philosophical reading.

However, I began to see that it was foolish to use two mind expanding tools (psychedelics and meditation) against one another like that. If the psychs are causing negative effects that I then have to counteract with meditation, et al, I'm not really getting anywhere fast. At three months frequency on the psychedelics, I find that these potent chemicals can be fruitfully integrated into a holistic health project.

One thing I've continually noted is the paradoxical character of psychedelics in their deep profundity crossed with childishness. The more of my mind I give over to psychedelics, the more they ask for. They can be greedy and envious, and in particular I have found tryptamines to have a nasty habit of making me want to trip all the time and then kicking my ass for doing too much during the trip. Ime, Increased frequency complicates the possibility of integrating psychedelics and throws their place in the structure of a life project out of whack.

Psychedelic hallucinations and perceptual alterations are radically solipsistic and will remain that way until the insights derived from the ephemeral states are integrated by the experimenter into the intersubjective constitution of reality. The messages we receive from that realm tell us to treat ourselves and our fellow men, animals, plants, and all being in a more humble and respectful manner. You have to come out of the depths of your own mind to do that. Otherwise, psychedelics will not hesitate to steal back exactly what they promised to give us in the first place.

About once a month on average. I eat mushrooms about every 3 months, acid sporadically but usually once every 2 months, but in the summer 1-3 times per month. DMT I smoke every now and then, but I don't really count that as a trip - more like a psychedelic dip.