• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Alerts at +45 to I hour....beginning of effects relatively immeditaely after alert-Peaking well by +3 until +10 or so in my experience. Individual metabollism and how much of it you keep down obviously plays a role.

approximately how many grams of san pedro(powder) does it take for a strong trip? Is 900g a large quantity?

If its dried san pedro 30-40g should be enough to reach at least a ++

Calculating dosages

I can get a 30 cm San Pedro cactus with an average diameter of 4 cm, my problem with calculating the dosages needed for two people is that the weight of the cactus isn't listed on the vendor's site, neither if it is fresh or dried. The vendor states that the cacti can be replanted but I don't know if that means that they are fresh. a piece of 6-8 cm and 3 cm in diameter weighs roughly 45 grams (measured myself) so a 30 cm one would at least weigh 200 grams (4 x 7 cm)

The San Pedro dosages still confuses me after two trips, so does anyone know a good and reliable method of calculating the Mescaline amount? (using 2.375% )

I want to explore this wonder of nature further but don't want to get too overwhelmed by its effects :)

Peace o/

the number would probably be rubbish because all the naughty san pedros dont run around with exactly 2.375% mesc. ive seen a site saying peruvian torch is about 1% mescaline also

someone mentioned 8 inches of san pedro as a decent single dose a few posts back, but all cuttings are different diameter

Lets assume we want a 300mg oral dose of mescaline, as that is a moderate good dose most would be shooting for yeh?
K, so approximately what cutting size would this equate to in length and diameter? (of peruvian torch/pachanoi)

Like 8" by 3"? what do people guess?

I think people should start measuring doses of cacti in weight rather than size of cactus, for the reasons stated above.
Now how do we go about making this universal.

i concur
get scales
their cheap at the dolla store--little metal ones that look like astrolabe, just clip one end into the meat and move your hand out of the way! accurate to the gram.

now, can anyone give me a source for average mescaline contents AFTER doping for the various species of cactus. ive done searches and come up with varying results that dont seem right at all. dont go out of your way though, this thing is gonna be years before it gets any size to cut it

Does exessive boiling reduce potency

The conventional wisdom generally seems to be that mescaline is very stable and therefore does not degrade with heat.
I have often used the method listed here: http://www.clearwhitelight.org/hatter/sprecipe.htm. It calls for heating the cactus in a crock pot for 2 days. I have got results, although I've always wanted more.

However, I have recently come across a few websites saying that mescaline content is reduced significantly if the cactus is boiled for too long: http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/psychedelics/cactusgg.html and http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_guide/cacti_guide16.shtml.

Does anyone know which is correct? Or does anyone have a good idea based on past experience? I really don't want to be reducing the strength by as much as 4x!

hey after your done answerin rpms question i got one--

i was pickin weeds and pulling spider eggs off of my cactus and i got poked pretty bad on the thumb/back of hand inbetween thumb. didnt hurt that bad at the time but then it kinda swelled up like a bug bite and has hurt ever since (few days). brigdesii arent poisonous or anything on their spines, so whats the deal?

Well you have been punctured so there's going to be some reaction. Maybe a little bit of tip got left behind, these dissolve with time. Worse case scenerio is some infection got in. If pain persists see your doctor.

Final Powder

I have been searching erowid, google, and on here for a couple of hours now and have found lots of great information. That being said I am still hard pressed to find a photo or description of mescaline in powder form. I have obtained a bag of "mescaline" that looks like as follows:

Very very fine powder - even more so than flour
brown/light green colored
bits of black throughout the powder.

I am aware of the rules regarding "what did i take/buy?" questions and though I may be skirting it I hope this doesn't fall under that catagory.

Anyone who has any experience with mescaline in powder form could you please tell me what it looks like or if what I have seems like it might be close?

Thanks in advance. This forum is spectacular and my only regret is not stumbling on it earlier.

^That is kinda iffy rules-wise, but do you know if this is extracted mescaline or dried cactus? What is the weight?

extracted mescaline can be any color from glistening white to brown.
Powdered cactus will be greenish or brown.

Delsyd said:
extracted mescaline can be any color from glistening white to brown.
Powdered cactus will be greenish or brown.

Perfect thanks. I am guessing it's powdered cactus which is what I thought all along. Based on my personal experience with it coupled with information I have read it is powdered cactus.

what kind of dose do you take?
for mescaline extract it would be ~300-400mg
for cactus anywhere from 20-50grams

I dosed around 400mg of the stuff. At T+3 hours I got tired of playing the waiting game and took 2 grams mushrooms and mdma figuring that I had been burned on the mescaline. The following hours were spent in a mindset that is not possible to achieve on mushrooms and mdma alone (from my experience) leading me to believe that the powder contained some of the active chemicals in mescaline.

^400mg of powder cactus would be very little mescaline though...

^^^I just weighed the left over and estimated that I ingested 1G of the powder. Perhaps all I felt was a placebo effect though I did see some interesting things and had what I have read could only be described as out of body - albeit very minor - feelings at one point.

I have about 3G left of the powder and no plans to use it until I partake on my annual week long journey next August. Will it keep this long? Is there anything I should do to keep it from molding?

^Maybe this helps:

So how do I know how much to take?
Now you're sitting there with a cactus cutting in your hand, intending to commit felonious cactophagy, and are about to add aggravated weenie-cide unless I can give you a straight answer on how much of that cactus in your hand you should eat. The "maximum safe dose" of mescaline, according to Ott, is 1000 mg. Assume the worst (best) about your cactus, that it is H&B's 2.375% (dry), the most powerful pachanoi known to science. You would therefore not want to take more than 714 gms (fresh), or about 1 1/2 lbs. The threshold dose is about 150 mg, so you'd need at least 107 gms (nearly 4 oz.) to get any effect in the best (worst) case. If you got the wimpy stuff you will need to eat at least 2.5kg to get the least effect. To get the maximum safe dose from the wimpy stuff you need to eat ~17kg; probably about one-fifth your own body weight.
-- Erowid Mescaline vault: San Pedro potency FAQ v1.1

I have a good 1.5 kilogram of fresh San Pedro, this weekend I'm going for my fourth Mescaline trip. =D

Peace & Happy tripping :)

plugging mescaline

has anybody tried it? I plugged about 120mg of cacti extract (relatively pure since 400mg was supposed to make you trip pretty nicely). It was my first time trying mescaline, so its hard to say what it compares to. Very smooth experience, very light visually and came on in waves, there was not really a distinguishable peak/plateau but it probably came around +2 hours or so (so not a dramatic come up).

I have about 300mg more to experiment with and will plug that next. Happy with this mescaline stuff...it is very deep and has clicked something in my brain that no other psychedelic ever has.

ps I woke up the next morning still feeling slightly trippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.