• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
swilow said:
^San Pedro- roughly one foot (12 inches) is the "standard" dose. The reason its a bit of a defunct style is because its inacurate. It doesn't take into account the fact the San Pedro's can have anywhere from 4 to 8+ spines, giving the cactus a whole lot more surface area and mass in total. But generally, the dose for one human is a foot length.

Can't tell you much about peyote dosing, but I have tried smoking San Pedro dried, to no effect. Not a bad tasting smoke, though hard to light. I wouldn't waste peyote in that way.

From what I've read, peyote has a much higher concentration of alkaloids than san pedro, and would take considerably less to create effects from smoking. However, I think that eating it would be a better experience altogether. I'm not into smoking my psychs; i was really just wondering if the dealer was talking out of his ass or not. but thanks!

I was looking at this extraction method..

Step 1] Cut your cactus up into small pieces, allowing them to dry completely. Once dry, either use a blender, mortar and pestle, or your method of choice to pulverize it into a fine powder.

Step 2] Place the cactus powder in Jar A. Slowly add the Isopropyl to the jar, doubling the volume.

Step 3] Turn the jar over gently 50 to 100 times in order to begin the extraction process (by avoiding vigorous shaking, you prevent an emulsion layer from forming). After the turning/mixing has been completed, allow the mixture to sit undisturbed until it has become greenish-black in color.

Step 4] Proceed to pour the mixture into Jar B, using coffee filters, tee-shirt, or cheese cloth to filter the liquid.

Step 5] Place the left-over solid contents (now strained of the alkaloid-containing alchohol into Jar B) back into Jar A, and repeat the initial steps, adding more Isopropyl to double the volume again. Repeat the further steps twice more, or until satisfied with the extraction. Each time, the color of the alchohol will be lighter green.

Step 6] Take the alkaloid-containing alchohol of Jar B, and slowly pour into a large glass/stainless steel pan for to allow for evaporation. This can be achieved by leaving a fan blowing over the pan, or allowing the pan to sit on a dish of boiling water. Be extremely careful, as the evaporating alchohol is extremely flamable.

Step 7] Once the alchohol has evaporated, a flaky black residue will be left over to be scraped up. You must be sure to smell the mixture, as you do not want any of the Isoprpyl to be contained in it whatsoever. It should have no alchoholic smell whatsoever. To be safe, you may wish to gently heat the mixture under 122 F for a while, to enure that all of the remnants have evaporated out of the flaky remains.

Step 8] Proceed to scrape the mixture up, which can then be ground up into a powder for consumption how you see fit.

.. and was wondering about a few things. How long should I leave the Isopropyl + Cactus Powder mixture sitting after turning over? I saw 3 days mentioned somewhere but does it really take that long to extract? I'm willing to do what is necessary, but it'd be a bummer to have to wait 9-10 days after getting the cactus to trip. That means I won't have it ready in time for this coming weekend. Boo.

^The longer you leave it, the better really. I left mine for a week or so...good strong mescaline trip, one of the few successful ones I've had.

Sorry to keep pounding away at the same question, but I just want to be sure of everything before I take the plunge this week. The method I listed above doesn't seem to have a de-fatting process with acids.. I know with DMT since the alkaloids are already mostly in a crystal form in MHRB already that the de-fatting process isn't as necessary, but with Mescaline if I'm not mistaken there are a lot of fats and oils.

Wouldn't the defat process be more important with mescaline? If it is skipped, like in the tek I just mentioned, what would be the drawbacks? More likelyhood of nausea/vomiting? Taste problems? More liquid required for ingestion? Etc.

Is the tek I listed any good, overall?

Mescaline and a concert?

Hi everyone, I'm new around here, so I apologize if this thread breaks the rules...

This weekend I'm going to an outdoor music festival. I was thinking about having some San pedro before I went. My only previous experience with hallucinogens is DXM a few times up to the 3rd plateau.

Im in a great mind state and not afraid to try it out at the concert. There will be some great music and lots of friends around.

I was going to have a fairly low dose - about a foot of san pedro boiled down.

I'm not asking whether I should take this drug - just if this is an appropriate time to do it. (hope this makes this thread legit)

Cheers

i think it sounds like a great idea.
Being around your friends in a happy mind set with some good tunes is probably the best way to trip.

The only thing to watch out for is the nausea that comes with mescaline.
Though im sure you're no stranger to nausea after DXM ;)

i say do it.

have fun

<3 +lite

I think it's a waste of San Pedro / mescaline. The one time I had it, it was pretty strong (I had one foot of cactus), and it lasted a long time. So you might find that you get a fairly dtrong experience rather than a mild one. I had it in the summer in the forest, which was nice. I think this compound really shines in nature -although I have never had it in any other setting...

<3

I have also never had mescaline in any other setting than beautiful pristine sylvan woods in summer time...but it really does appear to shine in that type of setting. I couldn't imagine the trip in a loud chaotic concert setting. Mescaline is really a beautiful fragile nature spirit to me...it seems so right in the woods with the sun shining down :)

Gaian Planes said:
...it seems so right in the woods with the sun shining down :)

or even at night... spending a night in the forest, looking at the fire... and the trees, and listening to the animals, and in the morning, the sun is shining . . . (my experience).

I'm going with no on this one. As others have said you probobly want to do this in a natural environment that is not so chaotic and loud. Who knows though if you really enjoy the bands you'll be seeing and can get comfortable if you need to you might have a good time. This is basically your first trip, DXM is more Dissociative, at least IME so I would have your first trip with a friend or 2 once you get home from the festival. Honestly, I would do it, but if it was my first trip I probobly wouldn't do it a music festival. Get acquainted with some psychs first before you do them in a public environment.<3

hmmm, looks like opinion is the odd man out.
To be honest i havent tried mescaline yet but LSD, 2c-x, mushrooms, DMT have all been great at concerts/festivals. I dont think Mescaline would be that different.

All the above listed psychs are also great in nature.

Psychedelics are alot of fun in all sorts of situations.
I even enjoy dosing up and walking around NYC.
All the lights, people, noise. All that stimulus, its great.

So i will reiterate my statement and say go for it as long as you feel confident and comfortable doing so.
Im sure the mescaline will be a very loving experience.

love+lite

Let me clarify, having had a decent amount of experience with mescaline. It would probably be fine at a concert. It's just that mescaline is going ti be much better out in nature. Most psychedelics work best in nature, providing the deepest and most complete experiences, but this is especially true for mescaline. I would not want to take it in any other situation because it feels so much more alive and glorious spent out in a forest, or a mountain, or a field, or (etc).

How come a cacti extract I had for a while turned from it's original brown powder form to a black sticky tar? I know it was 80% pure and 20% alkaloids.
Could there have been a mistake in the extraction process of some kind? I didn't feel anything of a 400 Mg dose and I trust my source.

Sounds like degradation, although mescaline should stay stable for a very, very long time.

Which factor(s) do you think could have contributed to the rapid degradation of such a stable molecule? I know having the munchies before taking the dose may have had it's effect but I doubt that would've the only and main reason I didn't feel it. Oh, well. Let's get some synthetic mescaline to fuck wit :D

I was inquiring about cactus weights, and was told that a single 12" strip of San Pedro cactus was 1,500grams? Is that true?

I thought a typical strong dose of mescaline was 40-50g?

Can this possibly be true? If so, that is so many doses!

EDIT: Oh wait, typical dose is like, 500g... that makes it suitable for what, three people roughly. Doh! Now that sounds more accurate.

^Um, well 12" of San Pedro will vary in weight; I can't comment on the 1.5kg thing, except to say they are indeed pretty hefty- but please don't take 500g of mescaline!! ;) 300-500MG is a good-to-quite strong dose of mescaline. 12" of San Pedro will probably contain mescaline in that rough amount; it will not be enough to dose three people though. The reason 12" cuttings are so common is because they are "approximately" and approximately only, a single persons dose of mescaline.

Aeon Psyche said:
How come a cacti extract I had for a while turned from it's original brown powder form to a black sticky tar? I know it was 80% pure and 20% alkaloids.
Could there have been a mistake in the extraction process of some kind? I didn't feel anything of a 400 Mg dose and I trust my source.

Powder to tar suggest some moisture in the extract or leftover alchohol or somesuch...did you perhaps go swimming with the mescaline in your socks? ;)

edit: Hang on, what do you mean 80% pure, 20% alklaoids- mescaline is an alkaloid....?

Status
Not open for further replies.