• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Yep, mescaline is really fantastic... quite magical. It has a really, really good "frequency" of energy, and you can feel it in mind and body, and soul I would say. It just seems to make everything alive and magical and exciting.

Welcome back! :)

magical is a good description of the state of mind. I also agree it is a soul-awakener. In my case it has awoken a desire to return to the primitive and restore my balance with mother earth.

thanks for the welcome :)

yes some people do.
or put it in capsules and swallow over like an hour

^Not cactus skin, but dried, ground up cactus flesh...stuff under the skin, green jelly-ish stuff. The skin is useless, for druggy purposes.

so, the dried cactus chips that are sold through ethno suppliers are actually dried chips of inner cactus rather than the skin?

I always thought it was the skin, though i may be completely wrong.\\

time to go investigate.

Last edited:
The most fragant dried Peruvian torch 100% outmost skin so no white core. All alkaloids are at the inside part of the skin. The white core doesnt have any alkaloids. Collected at 2,500 m.o.s.l by farmers, abuelos and gentiles from the Andes of peru.

This is an alkaloid rich cacti containing a similar alkaloid composition to Peyote. It is a powerful entheogen used by the shamans and medicine men in Peru for spiritual quests. They use this cacti in Peru much the way North American Natives use Peyote. Traditionally prepared either powdered and eaten or brewed similar to Ayahuasca boiling and concentrating it. Our cacti is ethically harvested in Peru and prepared the way it has been for hundreds of years. It is first de-spined then the skin and flesh are separated from the rest and allowed to dry.

Thats what i ordered

Delsyd said:
so, the dried cactus chips that are sold through ethno suppliers are actually dried chips of inner cactus rather than the skin?

I always thought it was the skin, though i may be completely wrong.\\

time to go investigate.

By skin, I was referring to the waxy immediate outer layer. The flesh immeditaely underneath that- the green jelly-ish part- is what is dried and eaten. As said, the core has no value...But yeah, the 'waxy skin bit' can be peeled off the flesh (rather irritating!) and that can then be scraped from the pitchy core. It dries to a very hard, crusty substance that needs pretty vigorous grinding.

I don't know if ethno dudes are peeling the cactus before drying etc. Its defintely a good idea for most preparations, the skin really does not add to the brew....:!

San Pedro Preparation Questions!

Hello,
AS Ive read on man websites and from friends, most San Pedro tea preparation end in a resulting chunky sludge-like soup. I was wondering if anyone knows by chance or by person experience what the most efficient way to strain more of the plant matter out of the very concentrated "chunky snot tea" to make it a cleaner liquid that may be more pleasant to drink and be further concentrated. Thanks!

Whatever you do it's going to be the worst tasting thing you've ever experienced in all your born days. I always used to find that pissing about "adding a twist of lemon" just makes it ever harder to drink that plain old cactus snot.

Strain the chunky liquid through cheesecloth (you can get this at most grocery stores for a few dollars) or an old dress shirt or any other non-absorbent cloth. Wait until the goo has cooled somewhat to do this, as you want to really wring every last drop of liquid from it using your hands. Discard the pulp in the cheesecloth and you're left with liquid which can then be boiled down as much as you wish. I typically get a 24" cactus down to about 4 ounces. This requires many hours of boiling.

i find chasing the pedro juice with something helps get it down
also i'm sure there are dozens of threads about this.

Hey. I'm having trouble finding clear dosage recommendations for peyote.

Erowid said that buttons are about 2g each and desired effects can be felt from 6-10 of these buttons.

However, other sources say about 5g is the normal dose.

I'm thinking the former is of fresh and the latter of dry.

If someone had 15g of dried, green/light brown pieces of peyote cactus, how much should he or she take for a strong effect?

Also, I've heard that instead of swallowing them you can chew them up and leave them in your mouth for a long time to absorb the mescaline sublingually. Would spitting out the used cactus mush be wasting any extra chemical that could be absorbed by ingestion, or would it all be absorbed through the mouth??

Last, I was told that peyote is smokeable, but I couldn't believe this. I doubt it would have much effect, but can anyone elaborate on this?
Thanks.

I a night last week in the rain biulding a fire for 8 hours with a good friend (left the keys for the bach at home haha). Took 500mg peyote extract and 1/2 blotter at t+2. What an excellent combo!

Anyone thats tried it, do you prefer full dose mescaline + lsd or vise versa?

I'm trying to find out the right lengths of San Pedro to order. It's frustrating, because most of the information I've found in the threads here (Big and Dandy, etc) are formatted with regards to grams and miligrams, not inches! However, most sites I've found sell them in lengths.

I want to use the alchohol extraction method to get it down to a small amount of mescaline-liquid, but if I don't know how much to work with, who knows what I'll end up with!

^San Pedro- roughly one foot (12 inches) is the "standard" dose. The reason its a bit of a defunct style is because its inacurate. It doesn't take into account the fact the San Pedro's can have anywhere from 4 to 8+ spines, giving the cactus a whole lot more surface area and mass in total. But generally, the dose for one human is a foot length.

Last, I was told that peyote is smokeable, but I couldn't believe this. I doubt it would have much effect, but can anyone elaborate on this?
Thanks.

Can't tell you much about peyote dosing, but I have tried smoking San Pedro dried, to no effect. Not a bad tasting smoke, though hard to light. I wouldn't waste peyote in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.