• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Age and Psychedelics' thread

If you use psychedelics, please tell us: how old are you?

• < 12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12-15

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 16-18

Votes: 45 16.0%
  • 19-21

Votes: 87 30.9%
  • 22-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-30

Votes: 33 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 31 11.0%
  • 41-50

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 51-65

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • > 65

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
16. And 30 years later I'm still running naked through the college campus while on LSD...

29, LSD. I am happy I waited. It's nice integrating psychedelia with life experiences.

Age 15, mushrooms.

Did them a handful of times (5-6 times I'd say) then tried LSD a few times (as well as DXM), afterwards I didn't really do anything besides smoke pot until I was 18-19ish.

IIRC, I was 23 when I finally decided to dive in. Had been swimming in the sea of weed for a few years prior.

I guess I'm odd like that, my drug career didn't start until I was 20 or 21 =D

Last edited:
18 - LSD then psilocybe mushrooms (could count it as part of my 'higher' education as that was my first year at university! =D). Since then, I've consumed a virtual dictionary of weird & wonderful psychedelics (I'm 44 now, but still feel in my 20's :) )

^Bah, you just checked this thread cos its called Age ;) :)

I should add, my experiences were with MDMA and LSD....

willow11 said:
^Bah, you just checked this thread cos its called Age ;) :)

Yep, hoping that someone older than me had posted something - I know there are people in that category here on BL (even if it's just a handful!)

fastandbulbous said:
Yep, hoping that someone older than me had posted something
I have now. (46)

I did my first LSD when I was uhh... I forgot. 19-21 or so. The right drug at the right time for me.

Last edited:
fastandbulbous said:
Yep, hoping that someone older than me had posted something ...........

Mushrooms at 22, LSD at 24.

Now 52

E

Last edited:
I was 15, and it was morning glory seed (hence the name). At 17, got into trying mushrooms and LSD. Tried the 'experimental psychedelics' around 24.

No one asked, but I am going to say it anyway....I certainly don't regret using psychedelics at such a young age, and I can't see that any harm came from it. However, I never really 'got much', nor was I mature enough to really understand those experiences until I was much older. I'd say around 21, 22 is when my psychedelic trips really started having a major impact as far as my outlook into spirituality and the world around.

14 and it was psilocybin

my trips started to become more than just hedonistic at about age 18

egor said:
14 and it was psilocybin

my trips started to become more than just hedonistic at about age 18

I'm glad that you put it that way. I am in fact soon to be taking 2C-B as my first (I am 18 ) and not from a hedonistic reasoning. Instead of taking any psychedelic looking for self gratification I am hoping for mental/spiritual expansion. I also feel like I will be given a bit of knowledge that is otherwise intangible without actually DOING the drug.

My 1st experience was with mushrooms at age 20.

I feel like I've always treated psychedelics with respect, but I didn't get beyond the recreational aspects of the experience until I was 21 or 22.

1st REAL one was at 17

mushrooms and/or high dose DXM (yuck! ;) )

Started because I wanted to get 'fucked up' or high or something...figured out I stumbled across something HUGE and dove headfirst into spirituality/lucid dreaming/introspection...didn't really know about the recreational aspects of them for a couple of years after that.