Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the 2C-I.

Had a few people round at mine this weekend and even though we had been drinking and smoking for a good five hours previously a tiny dose of 4-5mg each (just to keep the party going) perked us up enough to keep us up for another four hours or so.

OK, there was not really any of the jitteriness experienced at higher doses (I have gone up to around 30mg) and I only experienced the giggles and a nice warm body buzz though one of my friends did say that his visual perception was noticably altered even at this low does and after a lot of beer.

I had read about it a bit on erowid, it seemed to be pretty safe, and so I took ~36mg. In hindsight that was definitely too much to start with, but fortunately things turned out ok.

I agree, 36mg is waaay too much for your first time on 2C-I. The one time I took that much, I ended up being "visited" by a group of these freaky-looking angels/aliens/demons/whatever wearing dark cloaks with hoods over their heads. There were seven of them standing around a podium in a semicircle, and the one in the center said to me "WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE WITH YOU" and then I felt this huge zap of energy go through my entire body and all of muscles were spasming all at once.

Ummmm....yeah. After that I've always stuck with smaller doses. ;)

I agree, 36mg is waaay too much for your first time on 2C-I. The one time I took that much, I ended up being "visited" by a group of these freaky-looking angels/aliens/demons/whatever wearing dark cloaks with hoods over their heads. There were seven of them standing around a podium in a semicircle, and the one in the center said to me "WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE WITH YOU" and then I felt this huge zap of energy go through my entire body and all of muscles were spasming all at once.

Ummmm....yeah. After that I've always stuck with smaller doses. ;)

haha sick.

I just got 2C-I for the first time. If I have 3 capsules with 15mg each, would it be better to have 3, 15mg trips, or have 2, 22.5mg trips?

Im gonna disagree and say go with three 15 mg trips. Right around there is the sweet spot with 2c-i IMO. As a full fledged psychedelic 2c-i doesn't really have as much as other substances to offer, but as a fun giggly social dancey smoking tons of weed psychedelic it's fabulous, and 15 mg is the perfect dose for that. 22-23 mg puts me in a state of overstimulation where it's hard to do anything (last time I did this much I couldn't even pack a bowl I was so stimulated) with nothing very interesting in the way of psychedelia. 15 mg makes it so you can move around, have fun, converse, laugh, hang out, etc

Just got some more 2c-i today. I'm pretty excited to have it in my collection again!

I hate to keep updating my lab processing results but I've managed a 100 mg / mL concentration in 99% grain EtOH of 2C-I

Im gonna disagree and say go with three 15 mg trips. Right around there is the sweet spot with 2c-i IMO. As a full fledged psychedelic 2c-i doesn't really have as much as other substances to offer, but as a fun giggly social dancey smoking tons of weed psychedelic it's fabulous, and 15 mg is the perfect dose for that. 22-23 mg puts me in a state of overstimulation where it's hard to do anything (last time I did this much I couldn't even pack a bowl I was so stimulated) with nothing very interesting in the way of psychedelia. 15 mg makes it so you can move around, have fun, converse, laugh, hang out, etc

What about if I were to take MDMA and 2C-I at a festival? I would probably be taking the MDMA around 3 hours after the 2C-I. Would an even lower dose of 2C-I be recommended? Also, MDMA doesn't affect me as much as most, since I was on SSRIs in the past (I've been off them for 2 months almost, but I can't fully roll yet, although I can lightly roll).

^ Hopefully this is still relevant but you should be able to roll pretty much completely now. After 2 months the SSRI's shouldn't be affecting you anymore, but there might be some dimished effect? Sorry if this is too late, but I would say start with 15 mg of 2C-I and if you feel like you want to add MDMA to the mix then go for it. Personally I find 20 mg to be perfect for a festival, and don't feel the need to add anything on top of that. A smaller dose of MDMA on top of 15 mg of 2C-I would probably be great if you feel up to it. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Anyone ever take 2C-I after stopping Prozac for 4 to 5 days???? I know SSRI's block the effects of MDMA but what about the 2Cs?

After cessation, SSRIs do not typically affect response to classical psychedelics (those that act primarily as 5ht2a agonists), so you should be good.

^ My girlfriend is on SSRI's and she took her 30 mg daily dose of paxil earlier than usual just in case she forgot to bring them to a festival that we were dropping 2C-I at. We both experienced the same level of intensity at 20 mg, but her comeup was slower. She ended up peaking as my peak was tapering down, and her trip lasted upwards of 12 hours instead of 8 hours for me. Other than that the SSRI's had no perceivable effect on the experience.

I don't know. Obviously 2C-I is widely used as a 'party psychedelic', but I wouldn't write it off as shallow or lacking depth altogether. It isn't the most introspective drug but it has some power. People just choose to ignore or suppress those qualities of the drug and 2C-I lets them get away with it. It's not as harsh or in-your-face as, for instance, some tryptamines are.

Try taking a moderate to high dose, dare to experience the peak alone in absolute silence (possibly in darkness too but this isn't even necessary most of the time), and look where it takes you. I bet, nine out of ten times this will lead about 10.000 miles away from the psychedelic disneyland people usually try to visit by taking this drug.

I cannot believe that no one else saw this potential or experienced something significant on 2C-I.

I cannot believe that no one else saw this potential or experienced something significant on 2C-I.

I've had that thought too. But, you know, sometimes I have insights via pot that rank up there with my best mushroom experiences. And sometimes sober for that matter. I think the potential of most psychedelic drugs, even the so-called lightweights, is almost limitless given the right mindset.

But, yea, all that said, I've had some mind-blowing experiences on 2C-I. I actually credit it with helping me in my personal growth in very specific measurable ways.

Protip: Don't take 2C-I after a heavy night of drinking, i was throwing up for like half the trip just awful :(

I certainly have. I have eaten at least a couple grams of 2c-i over the past couple of years and I don't regret it, it included tons of funny and also down to earth kind of thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.