• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy HBWR/MGS/LSA Thread (Archive start - 4-14-2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible HBW combos

ive just eaten 5 HBW seeds, well i chewed them up and held them under my tongue for quite some time and then swallowed them with apple jucie.

I wonder what the effects will be and if they would be enhanced by some GBL.
does anyone have any experience with GBL and LSA.I

have some benzos around and some alcohol too so would that help for a btter trip or not i also have 200 MGS's that i was gonna save for a later date but might eat now too if the HBW;s dont kick in.

Any ideas for combos or plans for what to do for the next 12 hours.

I probably picked the wrong time to do it seeing as the forum will probably be empty right about now, but who cares im posting it anyway.

I've done HBWR seeds a few times now. Personally I'd just do them on their own and use the drugs liked GBL and the benzos for later on in the trip when your mind is racing and you can't sleep.

I've never done MGSs but I assume they're like HBWR.

Speaking of sleep, you're in for a long night if you've just boshed them now!

The seed coat is inert....removing it will not reduce nausea. The seeds contain soap-like glycosides which cause the nausea. Do a seach in this forum...because there must be 100 threads on HBWR and each one has the same question/answers that you seek.

Church...how about making a "Big and Dandy" thread for HBWR? We really need one.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Good idea! I will definitely make it a point to do so asap....

Last edited:
yeah i ate morning glories at a party before like 30 grams and i had a friggin ball. usually the people being around is enough to destract you from the stomach probs. plus large groups of people always have a stoner ie free weed!!! lol nah it def is pretty nice socially as long as ur used to it.

Im new to pyschedelics, but I definetly think the LSA experience needs to be in a social environment. It doesn't matter if they are sober or not.
Seven friends/acquaintances came over last night for 4th of July while I was coming up. Only 6 seeds were taken, but it was easily manageable. Easy to carry out tasks and be a relatively decent host. I was not tripping though. Just enjoying the euphoric body high and socializing. Be careful about catering to people. I might have enjoyed the trip more if I wasn't serving drinks and running around the house lookin for crap.

combos
A cigar, a cuban perhaps, would add a nice touch while peaking. And of course weed, but I think LSA is a decent trip with out weed.

P.S. The fireworks show was extra vibrant this year.

how much better is say 60x HBW seeds compare to the actual seeds? anyone know? i have never tried LSA

hopeless_without_acid said:
i think im gonna take my dox? or 5meoamt? blotters with a few.

Wow, this seems like a horrible, horrible idea. Combining two psychedelics that each have heavy body loads usually does not work out well.

5-HT2 said:
Wow, this seems like a horrible, horrible idea. Combining two psychedelics that each have heavy body loads usually does not work out well.

Especially when you're not sure whether it's an unspecified DOX or 5-MeO-AMT...

I'd be weary of any extract sold of these seeds...at least without first-hand knowledge of how they are made. The traditional water extract, as well as A/B extracts, seem to yeild a goo rich in d-lysergic acid amide...and little of the other alkaloids.

d-lysergic acid amide is mostly sedative in nature, with little of the incredible psychedelic action of the entire seed. Evidence seems to show that trace alkaloids such as alpha-hydroxyethyl-d-lysergamide, ergonovine, and others are what produce the seeds effects.

Although I have no personal information or first-hand knowledge of making a 'tea' using d-tartaric acid (which should extract all of the d-isomer alkaloids in the seeds)...and thus resulting in an extract that more closely resembles the effects produced by the whole seed.

morninggloryseed said:
The traditional water extract, as well as A/B extracts, seem to yeild a goo rich in d-lysergic acid amide...and little of the other alkaloids.

The implication here is that d-lysergic acid amide is extracted and the other alkaloids are not.

So, how do you know this?

Okay the Bigness and Dandiness of this thread is new and improved. Enjoy!

yeah i took 15 of the hawaiian variety the other night fell asleep for an hour. woke up and was fuckin in a different world. rainbow swirls kept moving towards me and i heard my phone ringing constantly but alas no one was there. jesus i didnt expect that. haha and i was nauseous or anything. no cramps. only thing was the next day i got a few dizzy spells. but that could be from doing construction in a gutted dusty 90 plus degree house. and no breakfast.

Finally cracked the sicky situation!!
Got approx 35 hbw seeds crushed them up almost dust [taken fur like shell off 1st]added them to 6 caps of vodka [neat].Shook them vigorously about 1min,placed the bottle in fridge,went back about every 30mins gave them another shake[the liquid was a very dark green almost brown]did this for about 4hours
Then filtered the liquid[vodka] through to a smaller bottle .Squeezed filter until all what was left was a mulch,threw this away and drank vodka&hbwr shot !!!
Being new to the hbwr,experience[doneonly once before]was expecting severe leg cramps[t-30-40 mins],didnt happen,slight tighten of upper leg but nothing compared with 1st time.So my next concern was the puking part [t-1-2hour]after ingesting seeds ,no side affects in the stomach region...
But this is my crux with this method,i felt no acid like hallucinations,more of a mdma,smoke chilled response?
Question was this method of extracting to good ,and possiblely in the mulch i threw away was the LSA alkaloids which was needed for the psychedelic experience??

I know that many people use solvents and other such chemicals to extract LSA from Morning Glory Seeds but I use the water extraction method it is simple and is very effective for me and here is my guide to it in 10 easy steps using items found in every household.

1.Get your morning glory seeds, prefferably heavenly blue as they contain more LSA than other varaities such as pearly gates and flying saucers and I would stay away from grandpa otts the purple ones.You will need about 250-300 seeds per person(the more seeds the more intense the trip but also probably more nausea)

2.Clean the seeds with soap and water and rinse them thoroughly to make sure you remove all soapy taste.

3.Use a coffe grinder to crush all of the seeds as fine as possible.If you do not have access to a coffe grinder then you can smash the seeds with a hammer by placing the seeds between a few layers of cooking foil and battering the fuck out of them until they are all crushed as fine as u can make them, it will take much longer without the coffe grinder.

4. Get either spring water or tap water. If you are using Tap water then there will be chlorine and other chemicals in the water which may destroy some LSA so boil the tap water in a kettle first.

5.If you had to boil the water, wait for it to cool down to at least luke warm temperature.

6.Use about 1ml of water for every seed you are using and add the water to the ground up seeds in a jar or measuring jug.

7.If you use a jar then seal the lid on it, if you use a container without a lid then place some cooking foil over the top.

8.Place the mixture in the fridge and stir it occasionally or shake it if you are using a jar.

9.Some people leave it for a few hours but to get the most LSA extracted from your seeds, I recomend leaving it for at least 2 days and no longer than 4 days or the taste will be very bad.

10. When you want to take it, filter the liquid as many times as desired to get rid of most of the seed material and when you are happy with the consistency of the mixture, drink it(sometimes it tastes worse than other times but at worst it is only slightly nutty unless you use chlorinated water which often makes it taste worse).

After you drink the extract just sit back and relax, I spread out to control any possible nausea, some weed helps me to control the nausea and put on some music.

Ever since I first took MGs I have had a lump in my left middle finger. It looks and feels as though it's a clogged up vein but I think it is to do with the alkaloids.

DeeperSense: I had a very similar experience from HBWR. There wasn't much in the way of visuals, but there was a powerful euphoria as well as some insights and revelations in thought that are common with psychedelics. Although I haven't used MDMA, many people have said that HBWR reminds them of it, and from what I've read, I can certainly draw some parallels too. My second trip on HBWR had a lot more visuals, but I got sick and fell asleep, so I didn't experience more than maybe a half hour of the come-up. I plan on trying it again in the future. I've heard that the MG and HBWR experiences are subjectively different due to different alkaloid content, and that the MG is far more visual and LSD-like while the HBWR are less visual and more MDMA-like. I can't speak from experience, but it makes sense.

just taught id quickly throw my 2 cents in :p

i find the best way to take hbwr is to get 8-10 seeds remove the skin and then suck on them. i dont put them in water or anything. after about 10 mintues sucking ill crush them up in my mouth and then suck on the pulp, afterwards letting it rest in my top gum. 10 mintues later ill spit it out (i swallowed them once and will never ever do that again!) before the comeup and when my stomach is acting up ill take 2 motion sickness tablets(damamine seems to work perfectly to stop the nausea) i also found that if i took painkillers containing codiene it helps somewhat with the cramps. doing all this whuile have me fairly fucked! oh yeah, never go to a club, i found this to be the most excruciating experience especially when i spent an hour in the toilet staring at the light above my head!

hbwr is more intoxicating and confusing yet lighter on the body. the visuals on mg is definitely a bit better but you pay for what you get in bodyload. personally dont bother me but some people will never take it again after once because of this.

HBWR/MGS Bottom-line?

I've been doing some extensive reading mainly here on the Bluelight forums about both hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and common morning glory seeds (Ipomoea sp). It's really, really hard to try to pinpoint what it is in the seeds that cause people most problems (anxiety due to stomach cramps, stomach pains, muscle tension, muscle cramps, vomiting, etc). From my experience with both types of seeds, it's impossible to get away from the negative effects unless some sort of extraction is done. Both HBWR seeds and Ipomoea seeds give me ruthless stomach cramps at any dose (HBWR: 5 - 22 seeds, MGS: 6 - 12 grams). As soon as I feel the stomach cramps, I vomit in order to get rid of the stomach feelings. Later on during the experience, I get very bad leg cramps (I'm sure it's the vasoconstriction everyone speaks of) on my thighs and sometimes that doesn't go away until the next day.

Alright, let me get to the point of the post. Here on Bluelight I read about extraction techniques that people use to avoid the negative effects of the seeds, but when I continue reading, it seems as though some of the more MGS-knowledgable people seem to disregard extractions and ingest the seeds 'as-is'. My question is, what exactly is it in the seeds that's causing people these problems? Do the extraction processes get any of that junk out? Is it worth doing the extraction process? I have a lot of respect for most naturally-occurring tryptamines, but.. It seems as though SOMETHING ELSE is ruining these experiences for me and my friends; not the LSAs in the seeds themselves. I find it very very very distracting to keep holding my stomach or rubbing my legs when I'm trying to concentrate on the greater good. What can I do, extraction or otherwise, to avoid these problems? And, what exactly is it causing these problems? It's very hard to find an answer for this question; seems as though it's somewhat of a wild goose chase looking through the search function for related posts since it seems as though the people who really enjoy HBWR and MGS never have any of the problems I mentioned. What can I do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.