View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jebus... I've made several posts about this today, though they are in large part speculation. But yes, those low dosages reported are highly unusual. Of course when trying a new substance it is always a good idea to start very low to test for unusual reactions, so you should definitely start low when you experiment. :)

Well okay, but it's only recently that the hydrochloride has been available... it's always been freebase other than that, and it just seems that recently a number of people have been reporting doses of like 15mg being extremely intense... the person here described it as "laid out". That doesn't fit at all with reports of freebase all the way to pre-2000/2001. I suppose both of these people could have really low natural tolerances, but that's such a low number that it seems unlikely, because I've never really heard of powerful doses that low before this.

35mg that you describe is a full dose and could certainly produce strong euphoria with the freebase, so that sounds normal. I'm referring to the low dose claims with high activity. Even 1mg of 5-MeO-AMT per 5mg of AMT could really ramp up the intensity of the AMT, without adding too much 5-MeO-AMT character to it, I would think. I just wonder.

I have no idea if their stuff is from Canada though... could be any batch of AMT going around.

is 5-MeO-AMT legal and easily available in the uk?

Legal, yes. Readily available, no.

It's a bit horrible IMO.

Not readily available to those who use resale vendors. But it's available to anyone wanting to contact an asian chemical manufacturer and have them make a quantity.

Jebus... I've made several posts about this today, though they are in large part speculation. But yes, those low dosages reported are highly unusual. Of course when trying a new substance it is always a good idea to start very low to test for unusual reactions, so you should definitely start low when you experiment. :)

I'll definitely do that.

Hmm, weird Psychonautical. I've for sure had real AMT and 15mg is not a full dose. My regular dose was 40-60mg, and this was pure sparkly-white straight from the chemist.

Maybe you're extra sensitive naturally, though with the doses of other things you've written about I would be surprised. I wonder if someone is mixing some 5-Me-AMT with AMT to make it stronger for less AMT, which requires the higher dose? You're the second person in as many days I've heard mention such low doses of AMT, which is odd.

Turns out me and Psychonautical have the same source. I have yet to try mine but I may lower the dose just to be careful. I hope it`s not adulterated with 5-meo-amt. It may just be that he is sensitive. I`ll report back when I get my scale and measure out and drop my dose. I want to try it out now so bad but with out a way to measure properly I just don`t want to risk it. Plus,without weighing we won`t have any added insight to how my dose effects me. One more thing. I want to plug it to avoid any upset stomach issues. Do I need to turn it into the hcl first or can I just plug it in a solution of say,propylene glycol instead of water? Would that help dissolve it?

Not readily available to those who use resale vendors. But it's available to anyone wanting to contact an asian chemical manufacturer and have them make a quantity.

ah right i see thanks.

why is it horribal?

Anyone else get really bad headaches coming down from this stuff and a lot of anxiety coming up?

I got a migraine for most of the following day.

So is the AMT in the UK being cut or what? My first dose was 30mg and I could have deffo gone higher than that.

Turns out me and Psychonautical have the same source. I have yet to try mine but I may lower the dose just to be careful. I hope it`s not adulterated with 5-meo-amt. It may just be that he is sensitive. I`ll report back when I get my scale and measure out and drop my dose. I want to try it out now so bad but with out a way to measure properly I just don`t want to risk it. Plus,without weighing we won`t have any added insight to how my dose effects me. One more thing. I want to plug it to avoid any upset stomach issues. Do I need to turn it into the hcl first or can I just plug it in a solution of say,propylene glycol instead of water? Would that help dissolve it?

Yes, both of those will work. You can also just put your dose of freebase dry into a gel cap and insert the gel cap. Though the other methods are a bit faster to absorb.

Not sure about propylene glycol, or perhaps even ethanol might work, but I've read that you can dissolve the base form using ethanoic acid (white vinegar) which will give you the acetate salt in situ (and should be easier than converting to hcl), which is apparently fine for plugging.

5-MeO-AMT is horrible because it's much rougher on the body than AMT and just feels roxic to most people. I found it confusing and uncomfortable. It also tends to cause lots of nausea and diarrhea.

33Hz: 30mg is definitely a full AMT dose but it's on the low side. 40-50mg is my ideal dose without tolerance. These low doses being reported are highly unusual even for pure AMT... they're not the norm by any means.

Not sure about propylene glycol, or perhaps even ethanol might work, but I've read that you can dissolve the base form using ethanoic acid (white vinegar) which will give you the acetate salt in situ (and should be easier than converting to hcl), which is apparently fine for plugging.

Vinegar is acetic acid, not ethanoic acid (hence the acetate salt yield).

Vinegar is acetic acid, not ethanoic acid (hence the acetate salt yield).

Same thing I think, I just know learnt to rhyme them off in school meth, eth, prop, but, pent etc so always just extent eth to ethanol and ethanoic acid, but yeah same thing at the end of the day.

EDIT

I think acetic acid is like the more modern word, and more commonly used though you are right.

33Hz: 30mg is definitely a full AMT dose but it's on the low side. 40-50mg is my ideal dose without tolerance. These low doses being reported are highly unusual even for pure AMT... they're not the norm by any means.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, 30mg got me pretty messed up, but I didn't feel out of my depth. Will be trying 40mg soon, hopefully this will give me some stronger visuals.

I've got to dispell any speculation about the Canadian AMT being cut with 5-MeO-AMT. This chem is simply very unpredictable. I am certain that I have the same AMT as Psychonautical and I have tried 5-MeO-AMT and I would be able to tell if there was any of that toxic shit mixed in.

I tried an anti-depressant dose of 8 mg today and I'm barely feeling anything. Slightly perked but that's all. Maybe if I had depression I would notice it more. Meanwhile Psychonautical reports that 15 mg had him laid out. It's very interesting how people are reporting such different effects, but it all boils down to how unpredictable this chem is.

I repeat THERE IS NO 5-MEO-AMT IN THE YELLOW FREEBASE BATCH!

But as always, everyone should start low.

thats right i mean thats what i'm saying.

Everyone is different, there are SOOO MANY trip reports on erowid of difficult experiences that were first times that are all pretty much involved in taking doses of 30mg and higher the first time.

I hadn't touched a drug, other than marijuana for 2 months, because i got into an accident and almost died. I was more depressed than usual.

So i think the shift in conciousness to feel more like myself was something that was going to happen no matter that drug i would have taken.

I think what i experienced on 15mg was a weak plus ++++
if thats possible, it basically just made me realize its AWESOME to be alive, and i'm not dying or was ever going to die from my injuries.

now 30mg for me besides lasting a ridiculously LONG TIME is awesome.

i think this drug is one of those drugs that is HIGHLY dictated by ones own personality

^That's an interesting assessment. I have a friend who at the time weighed between 250 and 300 pounds, get floored by 60 mg of aMT. I recommend 60 mg of the freebase to most people as a dose for full effects, so I was surprised to see my large friend totally immersed in visuals that kept rhythm with the music we were blaring (he had me turn the volume up really high to Modest Mouse's "The View" 3 to 5 times over and over as he rolled around on my parent's basement floor laughing manically.) I love the guy but there's no doubt he's a little dim upstairs. I'm not one to judge people by how they react idiosyncratically to chemicals but the fact that he sort of freaked out does maybe say something about using aMT as a metric for character measurement.

The fact that Psychonautical was experiencing depression makes it much more understandable that Psychonautical experienced stronger effects from such a low dose.

Like I mentioned earlier today, I took an 8 mg "anti-depressant" dose and felt a slight perk, but it felt like that dose would have been more noticeable if I was experiencing depression myself.

This chem is very unpredictable:

- Some people get strong effects from low doses, other get few effects from larger doses.

- Some experience LSD like visuals, others experience slight mescaline-esque glowing and brightness.

- Some people get massive euphoria and others find it more stimulating. Some people actually find it sedating!

And beyond that, some people find AMT to feel very dirty with nasty side effects and a toxic stimulation, while others find it feels sublime and euphoric.

But overall it seems most people like this chem, myself included :D

And although it is not recommended to combine MDxx with AMT, although I think the contraindication is a little exaggerated, mixing smoked AMT with MDA has been the best combo I've experienced, better than candyflipping in my opinion!

I just got back from shambhala music festival, and did 25 mgs of AMT alongside 2 mushrooms chocoloates each purchased from seperate vendors, and then I ate maybe 7 grams or so of my own homegrown mushrooms.

WHOOOOA. That's all I have to say. And also, I have to say, that it's absolutely insane how many psychedelic drugs you can do at a psychedelic music festival. I had such an amazing time. again.

Anyways, the shrooms and AMT combo is VERY intense. Not for the faint of heart. It was a spiritually gut wrenchingly difficult, but amazingly rewarding and beautiful time. Visuals were out of this world at times....impossible to act normally. What else is there to say....i was too mashed to really offer any good advice other than, AMT combines with mushrooms quite nicely. I've done the AMT mushrooms combo twice now, and this time at shambhala was by far on of the most crazy trips I have ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.