Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took some 10 years ago and i'm still tripping. =D

Nah never tried it myself (although plan on rectifying that in the next couple of days) but i've read it can last anywhere from 7-14 hours.

I disagree with some people saying its not a party drug, I think its a excellent drug for raves where everyones mashed but not so much for going up town to the clubs as its too hard to hide how fucked you are from bouncers/police

However I couldn't care a less about what other normal people think of me when i'm wrecked but some people do so each to there own.

As to the other guys question about aMT + mdai combo yeah I tried that last weekend how ever I also had 6-apb so couldn't really give m8 a accurate report of what reaction just those two drugs had by themselves but I was psycho as fuck but in a good way :)

If you really want a mad night on this stuff start off with a 50mg bomb ;).

By the way in the next couple of weeks i'll be getting some real good quality mdma i'll be planning on taking it about 4 to 5 hours into my 50mg aMT trip, i'm used to taking mdma in the past however its been 2 years since I last had it, i'm also used to taking aMT which I been caning a lot lately i'm just wondering what would be a good dose of mdma to take into my aMT trip? Has anyone out there ever had this combo and be kind enough to share their experience with me.

Thanks

It lasts about a week for most people.

Lol, imagine that! Took a 50mg bomb 6.00pm saturday,had an awesome night (also thought I was the funniest guy in the world) and still had a glow the next day.In fact,twice I have tried AMT at around 50mg and both times the effects lasted 24 hours.Would also like to add,that usually my sat night consists of loads of Guinness,fags and a gram of coke.On AMT,didnt want to smoke as it wasn't all that .pleasant and drank about 5 pints all night.No desire for coke as I felt great and didn't get drunk.Mainly just to keep my mouth wet.So sunday,my lungs didn't feel and sound like a set of bagpipes and no hangover!Wish I found this years ago.
My initial come up was pretty hard though.Was a bit panicked at first as it started to feel too intense in a crowded beer garden.Slipped out for 5 down a lane made myself sick to quell the body load.This did the trick instantly.Not to be taken lightly but a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Stay safe.

Last edited:
By the way in the next couple of weeks i'll be getting some real good quality mdma i'll be planning on taking it about 4 to 5 hours into my 50mg aMT trip, i'm used to taking mdma in the past however its been 2 years since I last had it, i'm also used to taking aMT which I been caning a lot lately i'm just wondering what would be a good dose of mdma to take into my aMT trip? Has anyone out there ever had this combo and be kind enough to share their experience with me.

Thanks

aMT has MAOI properties so it is not advised to use it together with mdma. although i personally would be very interested in it too (or combining with speed or mephedrone :)

AMT's proposed MAOI properties are questionable... every drug that is broken down by MAO is an MAOI to some extent. My belief is that AMT doesn't inhibit MAO much more if at all more than most other psychedelics. But better to be safe than sorry.

For the record, there are reports of successful combinations of AMT and MDMA. But I would never combine them, simply because they both release monoamines (AMT slowly releases serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, and MDMA very quickly releases a shitload of serotonin). Two releasers, especially when one is a potent and rapid releaser like MDMA, will deplete your monoamines very quickly and will probably leave you feeling quite drained and anxious/depressed for a while.

Most psychedelics are just agonists to their receptor sites, not releasers. But AMT and MDMA are both releasers.

^Agreed. You definitely don't want to be dancing on the combo since you'll probably overheat and do all sorts of damage that way. If you're going to mix them keep both doses low to moderate and make sure you have access to air conditioning and water.

If I recall correctly hyperthermia is how most of the brain damage happens with these releasers. It sucks because it makes you want to dance, but dancing gets you hot... Maybe a late autumn festival would be the best for it.

How safe is it to drive on an anti-depressant dose of AMT, say 5-10 mg?

I know driving on any psychedelics is a bad idea, but I'm thinking of trying out an anti-depressant dose of AMT to see how it perks up the day.

As I will be going about my daily routine, I may end up having to drive at some point.

Obviously I will ride it out and see how I'm feeling before ever considering getting behind the wheel, but I'm just wondering if driving is completely out of the question with a low dose of AMT.

I'm assuming when it was used as an antidepressant people prescribed AMT would have driven while using their regular dose, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience driving while on 5-10 mg of AMT or if anyone who has tried an anti-depressant dose of AMT can shed light on how impaired they were on a low dose.

If you dont have any tolerance then 10mg may cause some difficulties
I took 18mg yesterday and to my suprise I was rendered unable to drive.
Was completely unsure of where I was the whole night, everything looked so unfamiliar.
I would say take it, wait 4 hours and then work out if your capable or not.

Anyone else get really bad headaches coming down from this stuff and a lot of anxiety coming up?

Really loving this stuff after last nights experience though, a re-order is next on my shopping list :)

Cannabis helps take the edge off of the onset for me. I don't get headaches, but I imagine if you make a time line of your night and drink a cup of water with some aspirin and ibuprofen at the peak and down one more every hour until it's over you'll steer clear of the aches. Stretches and warm up exercises do wonders for vasoconstriction related pains even if they don't make you look cool.

How safe is it to drive on an anti-depressant dose of AMT, say 5-10 mg?

I know driving on any psychedelics is a bad idea, but I'm thinking of trying out an anti-depressant dose of AMT to see how it perks up the day.

As I will be going about my daily routine, I may end up having to drive at some point.

Obviously I will ride it out and see how I'm feeling before ever considering getting behind the wheel, but I'm just wondering if driving is completely out of the question with a low dose of AMT.

I'm assuming when it was used as an antidepressant people prescribed AMT would have driven while using their regular dose, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience driving while on 5-10 mg of AMT or if anyone who has tried an anti-depressant dose of AMT can shed light on how impaired they were on a low dose.

5-10mg leaves me just feeling sparkly and nice, not intoxicated whatsoever. Especially on the 5mg side. Driving would be just fine, provided you make sure you're not feeling intoxicated at all first.

If you dont have any tolerance then 10mg may cause some difficulties
I took 18mg yesterday and to my suprise I was rendered unable to drive.
Was completely unsure of where I was the whole night, everything looked so unfamiliar.
I would say take it, wait 4 hours and then work out if your capable or not.

That's odd... it was THAT strong at 18mg? I wouldn't even be high from 18mg, just kind of in an in-between state. Either you have a very low natural tolerance or you got 5-MeO-AMT and thought it was the same thing as AMT (18mg of 5-MeO-AMT is definitely a very strong dose).

Yeah, low tolerance people seem to be coming out of everywhere since aMT took off in the UK. I'm not sure if it's really low tolerance or if the vendors are mixing extra stuff into their aMT batches. I wouldn't put it past them. People seem to be talking a lot about gray aMT this and smelly or not that. I doubt superficialities like these make any difference except to the minds of the suggestible, but who knows.

People seem to be talking a lot about gray aMT this and smelly or not that. I doubt superficialities like these make any difference except to the minds of the suggestible, but who knows.

Well I don't think that's entirely true... It seems to be consistent that the freebase is extremely smelly (I've never smelled anything that potent; like DMT x 1000) and yellowish, and the HCL is not so smelly and gray, but perhaps that's not always the case...

Alright straight up, i think the AMT you guys got in the U.K. right now is bunk.
The stuff i have is RANK of indole dimethyltryptamine smell.
it's not 5-meo-amt.

15mg orally, lays you out. for 7-12 hours
35-50mg orally lays you out for ALMOST 2 fucking days..

There is no genuine crash, just a heady euphoria that lasts for a few days afterwards.

Hmm, weird Psychonautical. I've for sure had real AMT and 15mg is not a full dose. My regular dose was 40-60mg, and this was pure sparkly-white straight from the chemist.

Maybe you're extra sensitive naturally, though with the doses of other things you've written about I would be surprised. I wonder if someone is mixing some 5-Me-AMT with AMT to make it stronger for less AMT, which requires the higher dose? You're the second person in as many days I've heard mention such low doses of AMT, which is odd.

Well I don't think that's entirely true... It seems to be consistent that the freebase is extremely smelly (I've never smelled anything that potent; like DMT x 1000) and yellowish, and the HCL is not so smelly and gray, but perhaps that's not always the case...
I've had both freebase and HCl, both white, that didn't smell. I've also had yellowish freebase aMT that did smell. There's no telling without tests.

I had pure sparkly white AMT freebase once, the be4st I ever had, straight from a great chemist. I needed about 10-15mg lower than with most other AMT I've had. And this stuff smelled more than any other AMT I've had too... it smelled RANK, absolutely intense. It would go through a plastic bottle with a tight screw top I had it in, after going through the double bag it was in inside the bottle.

I don't think the yellowish AMT from Canada is mixed with 5-MeO-AMT. I know people have done 35 mg and felt it was a very intense euphoria, but very little visuals. One friend described it as a very strong MDMA euphoria, but different. They don't have much experience with chems, so an extremely strong MDMA euphoria was the closest they could compare it to. I'm assuming if there was any signicant amount of 5-MeO-AMT mixed there would be significant visual activty at the 35 mg dose range.

I think it is simply more potent than they grey hydrochloride because it is freebase and there seem to be some people with low natural tolerances to this particular chem.

Alright straight up, i think the AMT you guys got in the U.K. right now is bunk.
The stuff i have is RANK of indole dimethyltryptamine smell.
it's not 5-meo-amt.

15mg orally, lays you out. for 7-12 hours
35-50mg orally lays you out for ALMOST 2 fucking days..

There is no genuine crash, just a heady euphoria that lasts for a few days afterwards.

Haven't tried aMT yet, though intend to very soon, and so have been reading up quite a bit on dosages etc, and there is no doubt that yours seems much more potent than any I've read about here or elsewhere. This includes info going back years, and from right across the globe, so it's unlikely that there is simply low grade product in the UK at the moment.

Everywhere seems to state 25-30mg as a fairly nice beginner dose with euphoria but not too much psychedelia and 50 and above for the sort of effects you are mentioning for 15mg, which has me a little worried. Think I will have to take it extra slow when experimenting with this one in case it is a lot more potent than anticipated.

Well okay, but it's only recently that the hydrochloride has been available... it's always been freebase other than that, and it just seems that recently a number of people have been reporting doses of like 15mg being extremely intense... the person here described it as "laid out". That doesn't fit at all with reports of freebase all the way to pre-2000/2001. I suppose both of these people could have really low natural tolerances, but that's such a low number that it seems unlikely, because I've never really heard of powerful doses that low before this.

35mg that you describe is a full dose and could certainly produce strong euphoria with the freebase, so that sounds normal. I'm referring to the low dose claims with high activity. Even 1mg of 5-MeO-AMT per 5mg of AMT could really ramp up the intensity of the AMT, without adding too much 5-MeO-AMT character to it, I would think. I just wonder.

I have no idea if their stuff is from Canada though... could be any batch of AMT going around.

Status
Not open for further replies.