View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Psychonautical was experiencing depression makes it much more understandable that Psychonautical experienced stronger effects from such a low dose.

Like I mentioned earlier today, I took an 8 mg "anti-depressant" dose and felt a slight perk, but it felt like that dose would have been more noticeable if I was experiencing depression myself.

This chem is very unpredictable:

- Some people get strong effects from low doses, other get few effects from larger doses.

- Some experience LSD like visuals, others experience slight mescaline-esque glowing and brightness.

- Some people get massive euphoria and others find it more stimulating. Some people actually find it sedating!

And beyond that, some people find AMT to feel very dirty with nasty side effects and a toxic stimulation, while others find it feels sublime and euphoric.

But overall it seems most people like this chem, myself included :D

And although it is not recommended to combine MDxx with AMT, although I think the contraindication is a little exaggerated, mixing smoked AMT with MDA has been the best combo I've experienced, better than candyflipping in my opinion!

I've found every AMT trip I had has been different in some way to the last I pretty always seem to have a different trip thats what I like about it. Its by far my fav drug lately. Cant wait to try it combined with mdma and when mushroom season comes i'll be combining with that too.

Those who are interested in the grey-ish HCL available in the UK at the moment (and the purity/potency thereof) should check out the AMT thread in EADD.

^That's an interesting assessment. I have a friend who at the time weighed between 250 and 300 pounds, get floored by 60 mg of aMT. I recommend 60 mg of the freebase to most people as a dose for full effects, so I was surprised to see my large friend totally immersed in visuals that kept rhythm with the music we were blaring (he had me turn the volume up really high to Modest Mouse's "The View" 3 to 5 times over and over as he rolled around on my parent's basement floor laughing manically.) I love the guy but there's no doubt he's a little dim upstairs. I'm not one to judge people by how they react idiosyncratically to chemicals but the fact that he sort of freaked out does maybe say something about using aMT as a metric for character measurement.

EDIT: I don't mean to imply that if someone has difficulties with aMT at lower dosages they're stupid (reading it now it does sort of seam that way - was feeling almost unbearably euphoric on plugged full spectrum maeng da kratom, DXM and ondansetron when I wrote that). I only intended to note an amusing coincidence.

I don't see much experience mixing amt with lsd or mushrooms.
It's probably safe but does anyone have an experience to share about it?

I don't see much experience mixing amt with lsd or mushrooms.
It's probably safe but does anyone have an experience to share about it?

aMT is a mild MAOI - which shouldn't cause any problems but might make the trip additionally intense. There could be some vasoconstriction problems, but other than that they should be safe to combine. Just start low and work your way up as with any combinations.

As aMT is a psychedelic, would you describe it effects closer to LSD and Shrooms, than it would be to MDMA or MDA ??

^ Depends on doseage and personal reaction. Many people find the euphoria to be similar to MDMA with a tryptamine buzz, although people have reported full blown LSD visuals at higher doses (80mg+). AMT is similar to MDA in my opinion, but definitely feels like a tryptamine, and combining the 2 is excellent :D

Right maybe I should clarify, the batch of AMT I dosed 18mg of was very smelly and was white/yellow.

I also smoked a little bit of cannabis, maybe 5 or 6 tokes on a joint which is nothing considering I smoke bongs almost daily, although granted it did have an effect.

I wasn't that messed up from the stuff, it was alot stronger than I anticipated though and would have made driving very difficult.
All the roads getting a lift home looked so unfamiliar and I couldn't work out which roads connected which, visual activity overall though was pretty minimal.

A strong MDMA like euphoria was felt though once back home and lying in bed, took a baloon of nitrous and it was incredible, definately a combo I would recommend.

It should also be noted that I was rather depressed at the time of taking it, and havn't been since the experience or during it.

I have taken in the past much higher doses of this drug from the same batch, ranging from 30-80mg and I can say that the visual's really are quite astounding when you up the dosage, however the 18mg was my most euphoric experience with it so far.

I should be trying AMT HCl for the first time tomorrow. I then plan on taking it with me to a festival next week. I know people always say AMT is a weak MAOI but just how weak are we talking? If I were to take some MDMA and other psychs would it just increase the effects somewhat or would I be in trouble?

Any one have any tips on smoking it? Can I just use some tin foil and a straw? I know that I should use a indirect flame so that I don`t burn it but that`s the extent of my knowledge.

Any one have any tips on smoking it? Can I just use some tin foil and a straw? I know that I should use a indirect flame so that I don`t burn it but that`s the extent of my knowledge.

Tin foil and a straw has been said to work well from experienced users. When I tried it myself I found it difficult, but that's just me.

At noon today I vaporized 20mg of the smelly Canadian freebase in my glass Vapor Genie (which worked effortlessly for vaporizing this chemical). I find it interesting that others have indicated very potent effects, to me this was very light. This is my third try at vaporizing this AMT, and the results were pretty consistent. 20mg vaporized was a solid ++ but no higher (and I'm including some weed to help it along). Am I just a hard-head for this stuff? Seems like it should have had a stronger effect.

I should be trying AMT HCl for the first time tomorrow. I then plan on taking it with me to a festival next week. I know people always say AMT is a weak MAOI but just how weak are we talking? If I were to take some MDMA and other psychs would it just increase the effects somewhat or would I be in trouble?
I take MDMA towards the end of the aMT trip and find it highly rewarding :)

It comes in waves, there are times where I was getting up dancing like a nutter with loads of energy then there was times I was floored and liked to sit or lie down tripping out but music always sounds ace on this stuff so I would defo call it festival material.

I'm not sure what its like combined with mdma but i'll be doing that combo next weekend so youl find out by then :D

I take MDMA towards the end of the aMT trip and find it highly rewarding :)

How far into your AMT trip do you take mdma and how much mg of mdma do you drop?

I'm thinking of dropping 100mg of mdma about 5 hours into the 50mg aMT trip.

its a bit like shrooms at high doses but not as visual but still nice especialy if mixed with weed.

I think I need to try some high doses from the off to get any psychedelic effect off aMT I think. I've always stuck with 50/60mg, and redosed at that amount over the course of the day(s), and there's never much to report psychedelic wise. Had 100mg doses a couple of times but those were re-doses 24-36 hours after the initial dose and again, nothing much to report psychedelic wise. Tried smoking weed many a time as well while on it but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

I'll try a 100mg initial dose at some suitable time and see if it makes a difference.

These experiences are all with a current UK vendors grey HCL.

I think I need to try some high doses from the off to get any psychedelic effect off aMT I think. I've always stuck with 50/60mg, and redosed at that amount over the course of the day(s), and there's never much to report psychedelic wise. Had 100mg doses a couple of times but those were re-doses 24-36 hours after the initial dose and again, nothing much to report psychedelic wise. Tried smoking weed many a time as well while on it but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

I'll try a 100mg initial dose at some suitable time and see if it makes a difference.

These experiences are all with a current UK vendors grey HCL.

100mg?? your telling me you get hardley anything visual wise not even breathing walls or carpets etc? thats crazy

100mg?? your telling me you get hardley anything visual wise not even breathing walls or carpets etc? thats crazy

Not off the 50/60mg doses i've been taking no. Very very mildly occasionally, once i've redosed once or twice, but nothing remotely close to LSD or even shrooms.

Also, I'm beginning to think my tolerance for aMT is going up. Last weekend I had about 800mg between Friday night and Sunday night and while I was at a nice level of euphoria throughout, it was a bit less than it had been in weekends before. I'd been on aMT for the entire 3 weekends prior to that as well (I don't take anything during the week), so maybe that was enough to build up tolerance.

I'm going to give it a break for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference, but then return with a higher initial dose to try and get a psychedelic element rather than just the euphoria I always get.

Not off the 50/60mg doses i've been taking no. Very very mildly occasionally, once i've redosed once or twice, but nothing remotely close to LSD or even shrooms.

Also, I'm beginning to think my tolerance for aMT is going up. Last weekend I had about 800mg between Friday night and Sunday night and while I was at a nice level of euphoria throughout, it was a bit less than it had been in weekends before. I'd been on aMT for the entire 3 weekends prior to that as well (I don't take anything during the week), so maybe that was enough to build up tolerance.

I'm going to give it a break for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference, but then return with a higher initial dose to try and get a psychedelic element rather than just the euphoria I always get.

true. yeah the last 3 weekends bar this one just gone i been doing it and having more every week but nowhere near the doses you mentioned maybe about 100mg in total over the weekend starting at 50mg but i been mixing with other drugs too like last week i had a pill of 6-apb plus asnorted some mdai so maybe explains why i felt more effects.

had a break this week as i'm getting some mdma so will combine with that to get a nice buzz and as i not had mdma in 2 years i should be pretty spangled.

dunno what it is about amt but its really morish in the sense that every weekend i want to do it just lately but don't want to build tolerence up too much so willhave breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.