View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey does anyone know exactly what dose of AMT would be a Full MAOI Inhibiting dose.
My friend wants to try Oral DMT, but we currently have no access to MAOIS at the moment

Syrian Rue seeds? Honestly, there are a number of MAOIs out there which are so much cheaper and more available.

Why waste the AMT and/or the DMT attempting to do something which other people have failed at?

I have smoked DMT around 6 hours into an AMT trip and didn't notice any maoi type effects, like i would if i had smoked some caapi leaf say. I'm not saying that the maoi effect doesn't exist but in my experience it must be weak with the AMT doses I have tried i.e. up to 50mg.

I have a question regarding the combination of AMT and MDMA.

I'm planning the drug use for a festival in this summer. The psytrance festival will last 5 days, and usually there is some kind of 'main day', which we will remember first when thinking about our time there.

Last year we had a combination of AMT (35mg) + Methylone (300mg).
That resulted in the badest eye-wiggles-real-hallucination-thing ever, some of us liked it, others went totally crazy.
It's clear that it was way to much Methylone. And in fact, methylone on its own can induce weird hallucinations.

So this year I want to try it with MDMA (HCL).

Is this a good way to go?

4-5 hours after taking AMT rectal we'll take 50mg MDMA oral. We'll redose 2 times with 40mg and 30mg.

Will the dosage be enough to get a great experience without being totally messed up? We don't want to lie on the ground without being able to move and just telling that 'I love you so much' thing, we want to be able to dance and just be loved up a bit and feel great.

Hmmm. Not sure I'd like to combine the two. I'm far from expert on such matters, but I think you're running the gauntlet there with regard to serotonin depletion, neurotoxicity etc. It may well have the potential to be a wonderful experience, but I also think it could have undesirable consequences. It's up to you whether you want to run the risk, and I see you've already done a similar combo with methylone.

I would strongly recommend taking the two substances separately. If you're comfortable with AMT, try upping the dose to about 50-60mg and you shouldn't want anything as prosaic and workmanlike as MDMA after that!

well i mean think about it, if alexander shulgin, took 100mg and got sick, with a very fast heart beat and everything it almost sounded like what he was going through was a mild serotonin syndrome.
So lets say doses of, 30mg and under are only slight maoi inhibitions.

Would doses of 60+ be more full?

No, I don't think so. 100mg of AMT is a shitload, especially for Shulgin and his testers who seemed to have low tolerances. You need full MAO inhibition for oral DMT to work. I VERY much doubt that any dose of AMT would provkide full MAO inhibition. I think the idea that AMT is a dangerous MAOI is from a case of earlier AMT researchers in this community erring on the side of caution. Personally I have combined AMT with a lot of things, at doses of 60-100mg when I was really into it, and never noticed really any degree of MAO inhibition at all. Plus taking a high dose of AMT, even if it did cause MAO inhibition, would add a huge extra factor to the oral DMT experience that would probably be too much.

Syrian rue seeds are easily ordered from ethnobitanical sites for really, really, REALLY cheap. Just use those. Caapi is pretty cheap too and would be even better.

well i mean think about it, if alexander shulgin, took 100mg and got sick, with a very fast heart beat and everything it almost sounded like what he was going through was a mild serotonin syndrome.
So lets say doses of, 30mg and under are only slight maoi inhibitions.

Would doses of 60+ be more full?

60+ Doses of what, mdma or aMT. I'm also very interested in the effects of aMT and mdma combined has anyone tried it?

well deano, have you taken AMT before.
because before you decide to mix it with a stimulant, i would just take a high dose of it.
it in itself is quite stimulating and the fact that there really isn't much of a crash kind of is interesting to me. Maybe it has like some sort of cyclic MAOI inhibition vs a traditional, keeping the serotonin you already have a bit more charged but consistantly there, but siphoned away slowly in order to prevent extreme neurotoxicity, vs the extensive release of MDMA.

SO lets say you take some mdma, get a shit load of serotonin into your brain on something that will consistantly build making you more and more euphoric. Building on top of mdmas extreme serotonin release.

you might just feel like a cockroach or somethin scuttling about eyes jigglin and probably tweeking.

i'd do one or the other.

or get some LSD

AMT AND LSD i imagine is about as amazing as LSD and MDMA ^.^

I did 50mg aMT and after 10 hours dosed 150mg MDMA. This blew me away, but I'm still here and didn't have any adverse effects that I noticed.

I plan on plugging my first dose of aMT when I finally get my scale in the mail(hey! That rhymed!). I normally have a hard time sitting on drugs(no pun intended) so depending on when I get the scale I might end up getting high during the work week(and I get up around 5:30am. it sucks balls) How would a low dose of around 10 to 15mgs effect some one on average? Do you think I would be up all night? Or would that be a annoying under dose? What say you fine gents?

well deano, have you taken AMT before.
because before you decide to mix it with a stimulant, i would just take a high dose of it.
it in itself is quite stimulating and the fact that there really isn't much of a crash kind of is interesting to me. Maybe it has like some sort of cyclic MAOI inhibition vs a traditional, keeping the serotonin you already have a bit more charged but consistantly there, but siphoned away slowly in order to prevent extreme neurotoxicity, vs the extensive release of MDMA.

SO lets say you take some mdma, get a shit load of serotonin into your brain on something that will consistantly build making you more and more euphoric. Building on top of mdmas extreme serotonin release.

you might just feel like a cockroach or somethin scuttling about eyes jigglin and probably tweeking.

i'd do one or the other.

or get some LSD

AMT AND LSD i imagine is about as amazing as LSD and MDMA ^.^

ok thanks for the advice and yes i have tried AMT i have had it every weekend for the past 3 weeks and i have mixed it with drugs but the strongest drug i mixed it with was one pill of 6-apb and it was amazing but i'd love to try it with mdma but maybe not til about 4 or 5 hours into the AMT trip. my average dose of AMT is 50mg usaully having a booster about 10 hours in but i prob wont bother having a booster if i'm having MDMA with it.

oh by the way its really really hard to get LSD where i live sothats not a option for me. going a bit off subject does anybody have there own nickname for AMT cuz AMT is a bit of a boring name and sounds shite, i like to call it nutty putty or spirals haha

^ Most people on BL stray from using nicknames, as they confuse people and we want to know what people are talking about. Sure AMT, 4-HO-MET, 5-MeO-MiPT, the 2C's etc, might sound boring, but it's the best way to keep track of so many different chemicals. Or we could call it Benzo Fury! I don't think many people on here respect branded gimmicks like that.

Or you could just name it by its IUPAC name:

2-(1H-indol-3-yl)-1-methyl-ethylamine

I'd say AMT is good ;)

^ Most people on BL stray from using nicknames, as they confuse people and we want to know what people are talking about. Sure AMT, 4-HO-MET, 5-MeO-MiPT, the 2C's etc, might sound boring, but it's the best way to keep track of so many different chemicals. Or we could call it Benzo Fury! I don't think many people on here respect branded gimmicks like that.

Or you could just name it by its IUPAC name:

2-(1H-indol-3-yl)-1-methyl-ethylamine

I'd say AMT is good ;)

haha yeah of course i'd call it AMT on here but we have our own nicknames for it i was just seeing if anybody had any. i'll just call it nutty putty between me mates :)

I asked this in the UK aMT thread but will probably get more exposure here

Has any tried mixing aMT + MDAI? I've yet to try MDAI as the reports seem 'meh' but it could add a little something to the aMT.

If no ones tried mixing, for those who have tried both chems can you theorize what the effect may be?

Has any tried mixing aMT + MDAI? I've yet to try MDAI as the reports seem 'meh' but it could add a little something to the aMT.

If no ones tried mixing, for those who have tried both chems can you theorize what the effect may be?
Yes. I posted about it somewhere in the MDAI thread and gave a small review. Search for psood <zero> nym in that thread and you should find it. The combo also included Adderall in an attempt to more closely mimic MDA's monoamine release profile. It was pretty great. I recommend it provided you take it slow the first time. Serotonin syndrome is a possibility when doing novel combos of releasers.

howdy all...

For my 1st aMT experience....ive just plugged 25mg of it.

Im presuming thats ok with the grey powder stuff (is it HCl?)

Anyone know how long u should have to lie on your side for after doing the injection?

^ With no experience with the grey stuff or plugging, from reading on here: the grey stuff seems to be the more potent freebase, although you should be fine with 25mg, and lie on your side for about 10 mins.

EDIT: I think I may be wrong about grey = freebase. Just opened my HCl I received and its also grey. Last time it was tan, unless I've been sent freebase this time (was advertised as HCl)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.