• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The banning of drug paraphernalia - harm minimisation or maximisation?

on the playground
?
were you like 6 when you

started smoking
?

^ i am still yet to make an apple pipe/bong, very curious as to them, be nice if my mate would pick up his phone once in 2 days :( haha maybe that apple dream could be close!!!

Jeez, Stevenski, you were 12? Is that the average for Aussies?

Was everybody else already smoking and you were late?

How can a 12 year old buy weed. I don't get it.

Jeez, Stevenski, you were 12? Is that the average for Aussies?

Was everybody else already smoking and you were late?

Not sure. I come from a normal middle class suburb in Sydney & I was an earlyish starter. Most of my mates were daily smokers by 16 though & I was concerned that some of my friends younger brothers first started smoking pot in primary school. The youngest I knew who smoked weed weekly was 10! This was in the early 90's so I don't know how much it has changed in 20 years.

haha there was a smokers group at our high school where all the wannabe badasses would smoke bongs at lunch. weapon of choice was an orchy or milk bottle. they would all go way out to the far side of the bottom oval and huddle around in a corner, or make a make-shift wall from school bags to obstruct the view. it was pretty obvious what they were up too, especially with indian smoke signals. ah, the good old days of high school, we also used to swim and fish in the river at lunch.

every second kid was selling ganja at our school, and iv since found out that one of our math teachers got done selling in the school car park.

I was a teacher for several years. I never understood people doing drugs at school. Why not ditch? Why not stay home? Find an abandon building? Get under a box? I caught a kid with his book propped up in front of him, hiding behind the book snorting something off his desk. I said, "Dude. Are you crazy? Do you LOVE to be in loads of trouble? Why don't you just stay home if you are going to do that?" He is 21 now, and been in rehab twice. I don't know if he's going to make it or not.

He didn't answer but I know the reason. Kids like the attention they get from the other kids. (No I did not write him up. I don't deal with cops for any reason. I don't trust them.)

We had two girls passed out in the bathroom, apparently from snorting "Sharpies".. those permanent markers. I didn't even know that was something to do. They both had black all over their noses. It was later discovered they were on heroin when they decided to snort sharpies. One of the girls is gone now, passed away at 19 from an overdose.

Once a girl in my class fell out of her chair backwards and broke her arm. She was laying there just laughing her ass off. Drunk as fuck. I had to have security come over because in that case, her arm was BROKEN big time.

All of these young people are doing all these substances then trying not to nod off or whatever. What a colossal waste of a high! What an enormous risk of getting in trouble! Kids don't care. It seemed to me that they used drugs like a peacock uses his feathers... to appear big and fancy. I never really cared if a student had been smoking a joint before they came in. Loaded students can be more interested in the story or poem, have more insightful comments, and are generally very appreciative that I treated them the same as always, high or not.

If you think about it realistically, heroin at school is like smoking in the parking lot at the police station. Security everywhere. Cams everywhere. Desperately seeking attention... sad. School cops can look right into the cars in the parking lot. I had kids pulled out of my classroom because there was a big fat bong sitting on a seat in their car. I had kids removed from class when the K9s came through because the kids had pipes or bongs in their backpacks. (When I asked one guy why he brought it to school, he said he didn't want his parents to find out. Guess what? The whole town found out.)

I know that schools are probably very different in Australia. When I taught in Compton, the kids could not try any of that stuff. They got searched from head to toe and wanded every morning before they were allowed in and once they were in, the gates were locked and they stayed in until the end of the day. In the suburbs kids had the opportunity to walk away from the school and use drugs but they stayed and used at school on purpose.

In Compton, the principal was the one who came to school high, carrying a pizza.

Just curious to know why a thread started by someone asking about needle exchanges and safe ways to shoot was closed?

Garden hose bong stem, foil cone piece, nah nothing slightly toxic about that! If people are going to use drugs they will use drugs, so why ban something that will reduce the potential harm someone may do themselves if they use? Melting plastic/rubber each time you smoke a cone is the way of the future it seems.

^ Assuming you are talking about this thread? If so then I feel Spacejunk put an adequate explanation as to why he closed the thread at the end of it.