• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aus Social Fishingpersons thread

Its great reading that so many of you are catch/release types. Good to hear.

Anyways, we had the clean up weekend last week and we pulled up a shit load. The three most common bits of waste were plastic bait bags, beer bottles and cigarette packets. Also weird shit like batteries and 3 push bikes!

The two rod thing someone brought up a few posts back is a rule set by the council and then enforced by fisheries. I think that's how it works as it changes from place to place - which really isn't all that helpful.

Yeah, I often pick up other people's rubbish on my way home too. I'd much rather see a rubbish free beach than be too lazy to carry some rubbish even if it wasn't mine. I always hope other people see me do it and might be inspired too.

I try to take rubbish away that isn't mine.

I dont want to be racist but it seems to me like certain races don't give a shit about leaving all their rubbish behind.

In regards to the person above this post i find that if I have 2 or more rods I dont smoke or drink as much as I'm always checking bait, flicking plastics or rerigging. On the down side it means I'm pretty focused on fishing and not too social!!

beautiful piece of coral trout i cooked saturday morning with home made chups for my mothers partner and myself.

kept it simple by picking some fresh thyme, basil and a little parsley and sprinkled some pepper corns and chopped garlic, wrapped it in banana leaves and cooked the sucker on the BBQ. twas damn delicious.

fishinbananaskin.jpg

I try to take rubbish away that isn't mine.

I dont want to be racist but it seems to me like certain races don't give a shit about leaving all their rubbish behind.

In regards to the person above this post i find that if I have 2 or more rods I dont smoke or drink as much as I'm always checking bait, flicking plastics or rerigging. On the down side it means I'm pretty focused on fishing and not too social!!

indeed, if im using lures or have a couple of rods out i drink and smoke heaps less.

i like having one rod in the rod holder, usually just a whole prawn left on the bottom while also trying my luck with a lure/soft plastic

im overdue for a decent fishing trip, would like to make it happen in coming months

beautiful piece of coral trout i cooked saturday morning with home made chups for my mothers partner and myself.

kept it simple by picking some fresh thyme, basil and a little parsley and sprinkled some pepper corns and chopped garlic, wrapped it in banana leaves and cooked the sucker on the BBQ. twas damn delicious.

fishinbananaskin.jpg

My all time favourite fish to eat. Yum!

mmmmm cant go wrong with coral trout. WA dhufish is my favorite table fish probably.

no doubt were spoilt in australia when it comes to quality fish

King oath! Watching Rick Stein's cooking shows from the UK, fuck me they eat some weird looking shit over there. And all their fish are so small. Hopefully that makes them feel inadequate.

Spent part of the weekend fishing on the murray and only got 4 carp. Was in a comp and apparently not many cod or yellowbelly caught. River was pretty dirty and was expecting there not to be many fish around anyway. But would have been nice to win a new boat.

tweeked fishing at paradise point,Gold Coast...
Only fish with SP now,especially charged up,ill walk 4-5 k's flicking lures..but over overexcited,im sure im retrieving the lure twice as fast as the lizards can swim.

This ones 55ish.its a 5''SP in his gob

Attachments

• 17042011036_1.jpg
    17042011036_1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 85
Driving home last night through Narrabeen and saw a guy dragging a flathead he had caught along the footpath by the line.
Still wish I had stopped and talked to him about how he was treating the fish.
Things like that really piss me off.

Was it a big breeding female??
im too lazy to fillet them, but fh are eating good..
Fish for bullsharks a bit in the cannals too,but tje neighbour got upset at us throwing cans of cat food in near his jetty.... We'd then get my unknowing pommy mate paddle a surf ski out with a live mullet and balloon,pinging real good,and start throwing bait at him..pitch black night....
Good mates we are. no wonder he went home

Last post in this was two years ago, but I think we could squeeze a few more posts out of it :)

Went for an early high tide fish this morning. Landed four or five undersize bream... had heaps of bites and a few on that didn't hook up squarely and they got away. Good little fighters bream, and there is plenty of them. I have heard bream are a really slow growing fish, and one thats 30cm or so could be 7 or 8 years old.

Might as well post a pic while I'm at it. From about two months ago... at 58cm it's the best flathead I've ever caught. Not a great photo, but you get the idea :)

NSFW:
txsk.jpg

Cleaned and scaled here, it was tasty. I baked it, and had to cut it in half to fit it in the oven.

Last edited:
Last post in this was two years ago, but I think we could squeeze a few more posts out of it :)

Went for an early high tide fish this morning. Landed four or five undersize bream... had heaps of bites and a few on that didn't hook up squarely and they got away. Good little fighters bream, and there is plenty of them. I have heard bream are a really slow growing fish, and one thats 30cm or so could be 7 or 8 years old.

Might as well post a pic while I'm at it. From about two months ago... at 58cm it's the best flathead I've ever caught. Not a great photo, but you get the idea :)

txsk.jpg

Cleaned and scaled here, it was tasty. I baked it, and had to cut it in half to fit it in the oven.
Nice. I've caught a few of those fishing down at Clifton Gardens

There's not much to catch around the Perth CBD (Shorebased) other than Flathead, Bream and the elusive Mulloway. Here's a few picture's of me recently. All Bream were caught on the Zman 2.5 inch Motor Oil Grubz. (Soft Plastics) I think using bait is cheating haha :p

Barra is from the Daly River up North.

some great photos guys.. I've been fishing non stop for the past few months.. been gettin everything from dhufish to snapper, skippies to whiting and plently of squid, crayfish.. Ill upload some photos when I get em onto my computer but unfortunately, too many reveal my identity due to the boat's Im on and the fact Im holding the fish in most of em haha so I wont upload those ones because I've posted too much self-incriminating shit on this site in the past

joshe; have you ever fished for black bream up at moore river? been meaning to go there for a day sometime soon but the bearings in my trailer need replacing ASAP which I dont really have the money for at this point in time so ill just be fishing off some random river bank.. any tips on landing some bream? Ive also been told soft plastics is the go for em but Ill probably end up using bait :p might experiment with both actually

Last edited: