• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aus Social Fishingpersons thread

went away fishing on the weekend on the goulburn river! no fish caught but still had a great time! always good to get away and just relax!

Caught them while diving today :)

176008_10150099584473220_533398219_6360555_1197942_o.jpg

looks nice, but the thing i dont like about crab is the effort required for minimal food.

good effort though.

I so agree with that LnF. I love the pots of fresh(ish) crab meat you can get at the fishmongers. One thing about lobsters and bugs is even a lazy man can get a decent meal without too much effort.

The one thing I am looking forward to when I return home to New Zealand in a few months are some whitebait fritters. Not to be confused with whatever they sell as whitebait here in Aus. At $100/kg they don't call it New Zealand caviar for nothing
whitebait-bigpic-oct-05-007.jpg

%7BE9C2083C-DAA7-4E0D-AD62-E620EC99DB87%7D.jpg

whitebait-bigpic-oct-05-007.jpg

Went fishing/camping fri nite.

Only got carp so they dont count as fish but a still a good nite away.

I haven't been fishing in aaaaaaaaaaaages! Stupid work and cyclones and shit! :X

My boss and another guy from work went out to the reef over night last Sunday and did quite well. They buttered me up with a sea bream, some jobfish and some flowery cod for leaving me at work by myself on Monday :p

I haven't been fishing in aaaaaaaaaaaages! Stupid work and cyclones and shit! :X

My boss and another guy from work went out to the reef over night last Sunday and did quite well. They buttered me up with a sea bream, some jobfish and some flowery cod for leaving me at work by myself on Monday :p

At least they bought you back some fish!

Maybe the boss should have given you the next day off to go fishing to even things up!

Yeah, in hindsight I should have just taken a couple of days off last week. Fucks me why I didn't, maybe I had shit to do at work.

Weather is looking flat as a tack again this week so am scheming to get out there with my old man on either Thursday or Friday. Would be a lot easier if I didn't have lectures to go to :\

My boss and another guy from work ... buttered me up with a sea bream, some jobfish and some flowery cod for leaving me at work by myself on Monday :p

Now I have a disturbing image of two guys rubbing buttery raw fish all over you

Haha, and I'm stoked that you have to deal with that mental image :D

Play your cards right and I'll send you a photo ;)

At the local harbour site that we dive in very regularly there was a steady count of 5 Moray's living around the rock work amongst the wharf piers etc. A few weeks ago in Sydney we had a 6 day heatwave session and a after dive last weekend that population count is at only 2.

We found 2 dead Morays that had been drowned and cut up bad by discarded fishing line and hook and we can only assume that the other eel was caught and taken off site. Witnesses reported seeing up to 80 or 90 people fishing on the Saturday and many of those had many more then 2 rods (which is prohibited).

The diving club/crew that I am with will be conducting a harbour floor clean out in a few weeks and we are already looking at having more than 2 skip bins to clear out approx. 1.5 sq km of surface area.

I was interested to learn if any of you guys have any opinions on that sort of thing or do any of you maintain any of your own personal fishing guidelines that lend well to conservation?

ive been catching some bigger bream latly down at the swan river (still an inch atleast undersize, but they've been very small so far this year, good to see them getting bigger). a few small flathead have been caught aswell which is nice to see.

i caught this last year, i wish i had of kept him but i rarely keep fish, just in it for the fun of it really, much rather see them go back to fight another day.....

flathead.jpg

At the local harbour site that we dive in very regularly there was a steady count of 5 Moray's living around the rock work amongst the wharf piers etc. A few weeks ago in Sydney we had a 6 day heatwave session and a after dive last weekend that population count is at only 2.

We found 2 dead Morays that had been drowned and cut up bad by discarded fishing line and hook and we can only assume that the other eel was caught and taken off site. Witnesses reported seeing up to 80 or 90 people fishing on the Saturday and many of those had many more then 2 rods (which is prohibited).

The diving club/crew that I am with will be conducting a harbour floor clean out in a few weeks and we are already looking at having more than 2 skip bins to clear out approx. 1.5 sq km of surface area.

I was interested to learn if any of you guys have any opinions on that sort of thing or do any of you maintain any of your own personal fishing guidelines that lend well to conservation?

Hate to see any unnecessary death.

I always stick to the rules and regs when it comes to fishing. Get very frustrated when people don't but doesn't happen amongst people I fish with.

Don't catch fish very often and usually release it if I do. Just happy to have a rod in the water and cold beverage in the other. Stop fishing with stepfather as he takes it way to seriously.

I'm against littering full stop. Throwing your shit in the ocean is disgraceful and I've been known to be rather blunt with people and their cigarette butts. I'm a diver as well as a fisherperson so very much appreciate what goes on in our oceans. I think green zones are absolutely fantastic things! :D As for the rules and regs, very much for them. There is absolutely no point in breaking them, they're there for our own good. I don't know anyone who doesn't follow the rules strictly, and I'm glad. We sometimes throw a line out the back of the boat on outer reef dive trips, might as well have a line out while moving from reef to reef. The skipper will always tell us when we're nearing a green zone to pull our lines in, works out beautifully.

As much as I like fishing, my main motivation is free seafood! If you're not going to eat it, it should definitely be released alive and well. Come to think of it, my favourite things to see while diving are stuff that's good to eat too :D

+1 on the litter. Always take mine home and some other peoples sometimes.

+2 on the littering. I always take a couple of plastic bags for rubbish... i like to drink alot while fishing ;) but i always take the empties and pick up other peoples litter around the area im fishing. It's fucked seeing how bad it can change from day to day, it's not that hard. I've definatly been down right rude to people i've seen litter, dont even get me started on people keeping unbelievably undersize fish... i'm all about catch and release except on very rare occasion, nothing wrong with keeping a feed.

Witnesses reported seeing up to 80 or 90 people fishing on the Saturday and many of those had many more then 2 rods (which is prohibited).

Whats the law regarding two rods, does it vary from state to state?

Theres nothing worse than walking around a headland to get to a fishing spot to find old bait bags, drink bottles and other crap left by people who were too lazy to carry their rubbish away with them.

Yeah, I often pick up other people's rubbish on my way home too. I'd much rather see a rubbish free beach than be too lazy to carry some rubbish even if it wasn't mine. I always hope other people see me do it and might be inspired too.