• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aus Social Fishingpersons thread

Yo, Never been to Moore River man. Ditto with the money issuse. I'm looking at buying another 4WD so when that's sorted, ill be venturing further out. With Bream, i find a really slow retrieval works and as for working the soft plastic, let it sink, lift, sink, bounce, wiggle. They can also be really finicky so patience and persistence is a must.

If you're using bait, boney Herring work a treat. Cut them up into small cubes. Prawns and worms are good bait too but nothing works better than those small crabs you'll find under the rocks. Thread them onto your hook, cast them out unweighted , leave some line slack from your spool to the first eye on your rod and wait. As soon as you see that slack line tightening, get ready to strike. Make sure your drag is set appropriately too haha ;)

^^ awsome man.. thanks for all the advice, greatly appreciated!!! yeah, I've heard patience is a virtue with bream hence why I have put em off for so long haha and I've actually heard through the same bloke that told me to use soft plastics that bouncing (whether it be on a float or sinker [the float obviously had to measure out very close to the bottom so its sitting a few inches from it]) is what ya wanna try n do... and interesting tip with the crabs!

haha I've lost too many fish/squid from having the drag too tight/reeling in to quickly to fuck up anymore ;) I like to think I got that shit sussed down to a tee now :p andddd I just remembered, I got some herring fillets in my freezer (which I saved for my old lady when they were fresh but she didnt eat em :!) which - by the looks of it- ill be savin for my trip to moor river!