• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

lol. brian baldinger says that, even with brady out, the pats still have the best qb in the division.

i think ryan tannehill would have something to say about that.

i think jimmy garoppolo is in a great position. he really has nothing to lose.

alasdair

Jimmy G is definitely going to have a chance to shine. He's going to have a tough go of it though. Even the Jags defense is much improved. Indy/Bills/Jags/Cowboys is going to be a tough 4 games to win imo.

Looks like Brady and the Patriots are gearing up for war against the NFL. Brady has hired famous sports lawyer and NFL arch-nemesis Jeffrey Kessler for a rumored anti-defamation lawsuit.

Leave it to the Patriots to refuse to take their lumps. This is going to turn into a circus with lawsuits and counter-lawsuits this summer imo. And even if the Patriots win, it's going to look even worse for them than it does now I think. Whereas they probably could have made this go away by accepting it and moving on, nobody is going to forget deflategate now.

Leave it to the Patriots to refuse to take their lumps.
that's disingenuous, gm. i think hypothetical discussion is of limited value but i would have a hard time believing it if you told me that, under the same circumstances, you didn't agree with the bills aggressively appealing.

i agree the first 4 games are tough but it goes both ways - those teams have to play the ne defense and new england it has demonstrated that it can win another way of one way's not working...

if they scrape out of those games 2-2, they could be absolutely fine. they started 2-2 last year and i think that season worked out fine :)

alasdair

I probably wouldn't agree with it if it was the Bills instead of the Patriots, but that doesn't mean my opinion would be right. If the Bills had already been caught and punished for cheating in a big scandal like Spygate and then they got caught and punished again, they deserve what they'd get.

I was more talking about the word that Kraft is considering suing the NFL. Players and teams should always appeal suspensions. But if Kraft takes the NFL to real court over this stuff he's a bonehead imo.

I was more talking about the word that Kraft is considering suing the NFL. Players and teams should always appeal suspensions. But if Kraft takes the NFL to real court over this stuff he's a bonehead imo.

QFT. taking it to civil court is just a pain in the ass for everyone.

bwahahaha - the Steelers VS Pats NFL Opener is going to be a massacre

Steelers RB LeVeon Bell gets suspended two games for smoking an herb while Tom Brady gets suspended four games for directing equipment managers to deflate footballs? something doesn't add up...

also L. Blount is suspended for two games iirc. that means QB Jimmy Garrapalo will be handing off the football to RB Jonas Gray for the first two games of NE's season... pretty fucking dismal, right there

as much as I hate/respect the Pats - and as much as they would probably win that home opener VS the Steelers (due to Pitt revamping their entire secondary with newbs) - in the spirit of the game, I would much rather wish that each team's best were lined up against one another - to justly determine the true winner

but hey - get caught cheating and ya get penalized

side note: thought this was funny: Least Likely 'Madden 16' Covers

c4517f0213c591f1d91c5cb6f4a4d58e_original.jpg

fadfcf91cad643dc2f6462c5a6653515_original.jpg

a85d543fdb4e9491a433c15c52529497_original.jpg

8cc31192656d0b193ec695fdfdc5b087_original.jpg

56af492f4a3d9ff3ec8cd5f6c50e56db_original.jpg

...directing equipment managers to deflate footballs...
he never directed anybody to do anything.

the report found that: "it is more probable than not" that Brady was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities" of locker room attendant Jim McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski.

no need to fabricate.

want to bet on the opening day game, jim? a week-long avatar bet. if you think the pats are getting crushed without brady, you should give me 6.5 points?

alasdair

truthfully, didn't read much about the report. but why single out Brady, and no one else?

god dammit you and your ava gets. since I've turned you down for so long, and I like to humor my friends... sure, I'll do it

I'll give you the 6.5 as well. I do have respect for the Pats, but I am interested in your confidence? do you know something that I don't, here...

yeah gm how big did your boner get when you heard the news about his suspension

im kind or curious to see how st louis plays this year tbh. they werent that bad last year and I think Foles is more reliable than Bradford

dude and ameer abdullah on the lions. I think he's gonna be sick right away possibly rookie of the year

truthfully, didn't read much about the report. but why single out Brady, and no one else?

god dammit you and your ava gets. since I've turned you down for so long, and I like to humor my friends... sure, I'll do it

I'll give you the 6.5 as well. I do have respect for the Pats, but I am interested in your confidence? do you know something that I don't, here...
you're giving me the points. pats win or lose by 6 points or less, i win. deal?

alasdair

deal

dude and ameer abdullah on the lions. I think he's gonna be sick right away possibly rookie of the year

yeah, as a Big Ten fan I've been watching Ameer tear it up for quite some time. he is a special player

gm, you want to bet on the pats vs. bills game? you've long talked about how the pats are no good without brady so how many points you giving up?

alasdair

yeah gm how big did your boner get when you heard the news about his suspension

I almsot ripped my pants

gm, you want to bet on the pats vs. bills game? you've long talked about how the pats are no good without brady so how many points you giving up?

alasdair

If the suspension holds through week 2 and Brady is out, the Bills will probably be favored by 2 in vegas is my guess. I'll double that and give you 4. If the line ends up coming out and they're favored by 4 points in vegas, I'll give you 6.

the more I look at the eagles defense the more Im actually kind of pumped to watch this team

d line is solid: Fletcher Cox should make the pro bowl this year at least

linebackers are fucking sick: Kiko alonso and Mychael Kendricks inside and Connor Barwin (basically a DE hybrid) and Brandon Graham on the outside who showed improvement finally

if you get anything out of Marcus Smith or Jordan Hicks thats just extra

cbs - I like Byron Maxwell, I think he was a bigger part of the seattle defense than people would give him credit for considering he got thrown at a lot. I hope Eric Rowe can play, if he is decent this defense will be on point. Boykin had a sort of down year last year but he is still a solid slot cornerback. I hope JaCorey Shepard makes the team, he seems like a decent late rounder

safeties - Malcolm Jenkins was awesome last year, but that was last year. hopefully he's not a one year wonder. Earl Wolff seems kind of shaky but he's better than the last guy they had, I cant even think of his name out of anger right now. It'll come to me

honestly I hope JaCorey Sheaprd can play safety. Kansas held TCU to 34 points when they were blowing everyone out and they seemed to stay away from throwing at him too much

Last edited:
If the suspension holds through week 2 and Brady is out, the Bills will probably be favored by 2 in vegas is my guess. I'll double that and give you 4. If the line ends up coming out and they're favored by 4 points in vegas, I'll give you 6.
deal.

jim & gm, when brady wins his appeal and the suspension is dropped completely, we can renegotiate :)

alasdair

he probably will. Robert Kraft is going to have a stern talking to to his bed-fellow Roger Goodfuck

collusion at it's most finest example

I don't think he will. I think that He's guilty and all of this is just posturing by he, Kraft, and the Patriots.

IF he appeals he has to bring some evidence of his innocence. If Kraft wanted to take it to actual U.S. court then ALL of Brady's and the equipment staff's cellphone records could be subpoenaed, so Kraft definitely won't do that.

We'll see though. Brady might appeal just to make it look like he's innocent but it definitely won't go any further than that. If they reduce his suspension he'll be extremely lucky. The lost draft picks and the fine are a done deal though. No way Kraft tries to go to court to get those overturned.

It's interesting to note that the deadline for Brady to appeal is less than 2 hours away. 5pm EST.