• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

I still think the Saints would have beaten Seattle in last year's playoffs if it wasn't a downpour in the first half

The Seahawks obviously cheated by building a defense oriented team in an area with a lot of rainfall

Dez Bryant got cheated out of a touchdown against the Packers in the playoffs

the Lions got cheated out of Pass Interference against the Cowboys in the Wild Card

cheating/unfairness is a part of sports, its just depends on how much you care about / place blame on it that determines how much of a sniveling pussy you are

yeah idk I hate the patriots dont get me wrong just saying

MpVgn.jpg

im in a pretty apprehensive mood about the 2015 Eagles season so its probably why im trying to shit on anything and everything

god I hate Sam Bradford, this season is going to be all dependent on his health

let's check his track record there
and we're fucked

FUCKED MAN

unless Byron Maxwell was the real catalyst for the Seahawks defense but with less commercials, which id doubt

they shouldnt have traded Foles, im pissed

they've seriously got to do something. what reason would the pats have to not cheat again if they don't get punished?

Obviously the punishment they got when they got caught cheating in 2007 wasn't enough to deter them when they were fined $750,000 and lost their first round draft pick. Suspension seems like the only obviously choice. I also tend to think the NFL waited until after this year's draft to have the report released, that way a suspension would seem more justified. Nobody cares if they lose a draft pick a year from now. Now they can say "Well, we can't take any of their 2015 draft picks so we better suspend them."

And Bill Bellichick shouldn't get off the hook just because he was "probably not aware of what was going on." The Commissioner Roger Goodell himself said that a head coach's ignorance of misconduct by his players or staff under him is does NOT excuse that head coach, because he's responsible for what his team does. He said that when he suspended Sean Peyton from coaching the Saints FOR AN ENTIRE SEASON even though he had no knowledge about "Bountygate."

Bye Bye Bellichick.

I'm one of the few people that think the league is going to come down hard on Tom Brady. Everyone I talk to seems to think all he'll get is a fine. MAYBE a 1 game suspension.

I'm thinking 6 game suspension which is appealed by the players' union and lowered to 4. That would mean the Patriots start the first quarter of the 2015 at 1-3 if they're lucky as they face off against the Steelers, Bills, Cowboys, and Jaguars without Brady. We'll see how "good" the Patriots are without Brady.

im in a pretty apprehensive mood about the 2015 Eagles season so its probably why im trying to shit on anything and everything

god I hate Sam Bradford, this season is going to be all dependent on his health

let's check his track record there
and we're fucked

FUCKED MAN

unless Byron Maxwell was the real catalyst for the Seahawks defense but with less commercials, which id doubt

they shouldnt have traded Foles, im pissed
Have some faith man! I am going to be at the first regular season Monday night game in ATL so you know we got at least one win in the bag ;). But for real chip knows what he is doing let's just support him and hope Bradford's last surgeon was quality.

how bout them Jaguars

they need to move cities and just pretend the franchise never existed

RIP Keenan McCardell, Jimmy Smith, Maurice Jones Drew, and Fred Taylor

and as far as Fowler goes

1eqrl.jpg

Tom Brady, Patriots get hammered by NFL in deflate-gate punishment:
that article said:
The NFL took deflate-gate very seriously, hammering the New England Patriots with unheard of punishment in the matter of deflated footballs.

The league announced Monday that quarterback Tom Brady was suspended four games, the team was fined $1 million and will lose its 2016 first-round draft pick and a fourth-round pick in 2017. The league has been considering punishment since the release of investigator Ted Wells' report on Thursday.

That's a huge punishment considering there was no evidence Brady was directly involved and the Wells Report said Patriots ownership and coach Bill Belichick weren't involved. The league said the punishment was for violating playing rules and not cooperating fully in the investigation.
(my emphasis)

patriots first 4 games next season: steelers; @bills; jags; @cowboys

alasdair

Love it!!!! The 1st round draft pick was just icing on the cake!

Patriots are toast this season. He'll come back to 1-3 if he's lucky and still have 5 divisional games against 3 of the best defensive lines in the league.

Also, Bellichick is now the only coach in NFL history to lose 2 1st round draft picks due to cheating scandals. Hot dayum.

As a pats fan I'm sure you think it's an unjust punishment ali. I know I would if it were the Bills. What in your mind would have been a more proper one, if any at all?

i think brady's suspension is unjust - given that there's no evidence he was involved.

i think that the patriots are a powerhouse organization and allowing this to happen was just stupid. winners don't need to do crap like this.

i agree that bellichick/the patriots organization should be sanctioned for allowing it to happen.

i'm annoyed, mostly.

alasdair

Five reasons why the NFL got the deflate-gate punishment dead wrong:
that article said:
The NFL made a circus out of deflate-gate, and it made sure in the end it got the reaction it wanted from the general public.

That's the only way to really figure the miscues the NFL made with its unprecedented and overdone punishments for the New England Patriots in deflating footballs (an issue, as we'll see, the league never cared about before).

The NFL screwed up this punishment, going for the standing ovation from a mostly Patriots-hating public (all good teams are hated, and the Patriots surely rub people the wrong way) instead of doing what was right. Here are five reasons the NFL got the punishment so, so wrong:

The NFL did not care much about football tampering, until it fit its agenda

How do I know the NFL didn't care about ball tampering before? Well, there are two cases in which it did practically nothing, seeing them as the misdemeanors they were. Many people have brought these situations up in previous days, including ESPN.com's Mike Reiss. They are perfect examples of the NFL's hypocrisy when it came to the Patriots...
i actually disagree with "The Patriots as an organization were not found to be responsible for wrongdoing". maybe they were not, but they're in charge and they allowed it to happen. the buck stops there.

alasdair

No worries. I'm sure they'll be fine. I heard they already signed an FA QB to play in those 4 games. Lucky for the Bills there's no way he could be as good as Brady.

1891120_10153758733063362_1763860017106107978_n.jpg

Honestly, I'd be more pissed about the loss of next year's 1st round pick. That's a pretty big deal imo.

I bet Brady's suspension will be reduced to 2 games.

Honestly, I'd be more pissed about the loss of next year's 1st round pick. That's a pretty big deal imo.
maybe. look at the pats' last 5 first picks:

2014: dominic easley
2013: jamie collins
2013: dont'a hightower
2011: nate solder
2010: devin mccourty

losing a 1st pick is a big deal but the patriots have traditionally done pretty well in the off-season with trades/fas.
I bet Brady's suspension will be reduced to 2 games.
probably.

alasdair