Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney BL Summer Drinks - Sat 12th March - Pyrmont Bridge Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh the memories from the Paragon, I used to hangout there heaps with I was working in Circual Quay and only ever once refused entry.

I just rang up the Paragon... asked what the dress rego's were on a saturday night

No Shirts
No Shorts
No Thongs

I got rejected there wearing black colorados with a white band around the sole. We could always go to the Ship Inn across the road. They have a beer garden, and it'd still be light when we kicked things off.

^^
OK, so you're back in the game :)

I don't see shoes being that much of a problem, i mean the time i was rejected was at 11pm on a saturday night and i was in a group of 10 guys.

As it so happens, the Ship Inn is my work's local, and the Paragon is our after-work-local-local when we can't be fucked going to Oxford Street....so I will definitely be in attendance, YAY :D

Originally posted by Donny Don't
^^
OK, so you're back in the game :)

I don't see shoes being that much of a problem, i mean the time i was rejected was at 11pm on a saturday night and i was in a group of 10 guys.

Perhaps I should rephrase that... I may need to purchase some shoes!

I lost my one pair of proper shoes. I even wear thongs to work now.

i still think we should go the the harbour view hotel. Its located just underneath the harbour bridge. We can all fall out on the street when finished and see over Circular Quay. There are fantastic views over Sydney harbour and the opera house. Its out of the way of the hustle and bustle of the city, although its actually only 5 minutes walk from Circular Quay Station. Dress code, atmosphere, prices is very similar to Paragon, its just differnent and nicer. You probably could actually sneak in with thongs if you got there early enough.

Raz said:
As it so happens, the Ship Inn is my work's local, and the Paragon is our after-work-local-local when we can't be fucked going to Oxford Street....so I will definitely be in attendance, YAY :D

just promise me you wont trash the place? ;) im friends with the licencee/ use to work for her (if its still her)

great pick of venue for a drink meet though :)

Just to throw another spanner in the works I reckon we should go to the Lord Nelson hotel. Nice atmosphere and they brew their own Uber tasty beers. I love "Three Sheets Ale".

'lil leecie said:
the 11th is out for DJC and I although we could possibly.....

I've decided to just not post in Events anymore. I'll let ^^^ her do it for me. If she is going i'm going, if not, i'm not. ;)

That said, we are both out on the 11th as we have previous plans.

All of those suggesting other places to go....its over, move on. =D There are a hundred other "pubs" i could post here with "atmosphere" in the city, but its been decided now. Well done Mr Don't.

DJC*

awww i want to come but i have my son that weekend and there is also a doof on that i want to go to but am not sure if i will (due to me having to bring my son with me and get a lift etc) maybe i can get a sitter but i don't really like doing that as i prefer to just go out on the weekends where i am already kid free (unless theres a doof on and then he stomps with me on the dancefloor =D)

no chance of making it on the 17th dec (fri) is there? you know... just cos i'm so special and the whole event should be changed for me hehehe

I gotta see how things pan out, but ill be looking to blow off some steam from the exam I have on the tuesday. Put me down for maybe. I know you dont need to update the roll call but just saying I might head over.... *Section Christmas party the night before :) :) :) :) :) :) :) )

well after reading your forums for many a years,be good to met some of you, count me in

Hey gang!

I've been MIA for a bit ... but count me in for drinks! Sounds good :)

papermate said:
i still think we should go the the harbour view hotel.

You make several valid points, but in order to rally the troops to a central known meeting point we have to make it the paragon. It's right outside circular quay station, and everyone knows where it is.

josh_nexus said:
Just to throw another spanner in the works I reckon we should go to the Lord Nelson hotel. Nice atmosphere and they brew their own Uber tasty beers. I love "Three Sheets Ale".

Tasty? yes. Nice pub atmosphere? yes. Cheap? Not so likely. Good suggestion though, as a beer drinker i give the place the triple thumbs up but i have to look after the masses here...

DJC* said:
That said, we are both out on the 11th as we have previous plans.

Do those "previous plans" exclude making an appearance at 7pm or else "later" whenever it is you're done doing what you're doing?

doofqueen said:
no chance of making it on the 17th dec (fri) is there?

None :) That's the night of the work christmas party and i have set myself some specific goals that night :)

Mr Don't, i'll have to get back to you on that one.

DJC*

Pity you can't come DQ, I'll see you soon anyway ;)

Um I can make it so I'm pleased about that - work drinks have been moved to the night before - woohoo!

Well now that I've noticed this thread, I should be able to come along :)

Sounds like its going to be a ball :) a drunken ball :) woo for that :)

CB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.