• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up switching from subs to OC on sunday and it was meant to be for one hit,but i ended up waking up sunday moring and seeing the spoon already there... it was an instant yep. so i quickly crushed n MF'ed 85mg of oxycodone lol. i easily made the switch having my first dose .3mg of bupe just b4 i went to bed in the early hours of monday morning.

CH, i usually mix 2mg with 4mg of water. also i would sometimes mix 4mg in 4.5 ml of water. you've probably already told me but what has worked well for you... taking into account that i dose different to you, because i'm guessing you'd use a different ratio like maybe 8ml of water to 2mg of suboxone?

the transition is fine... it's been 24 hours since my first bupe dose and i've had about2.5mg throughout the day and night and have felt fine the whole time actually... from initially abstaining from subs for 24hours to having 265mg of OC in a night/day 16 hour period.... i think a decent amount of that OC was blocked by the lingering suboxone.... i'd like to be able to abstain longer in future and reduce to about 1.5mg of IV bupe for a couple of days before i go back there. was slightly disappointing not because of the waste, but just the whole experience, i feel slightly unsatisfied.... even with the 85mg dose in the morning where it would have been at the 36-40hour mark without bupe... i still felt like it was blocking some of the full agonist effects... and that is dangerous to think like that.... but will keep going with the subs.

hopefully i do another 3 weeks or more before i succumb to the full agonist

intranasal film?

hey i apologize if this is jacking the thread in anyway but since its the bupe mega thread i don't see why i would be. anyways my question has to do with the sublingual films. I am curious if they can be placed in the nose and be absorbed through the membranes in your nostril. i decided to give the films a try and they really don't help as much as the pills used too. i used to take the pills sublingually until i learned of the higher availability from snorting which is now my preferred method of administration. I was hoping i could just use the films as directed but unfortunately not due to the reduced effects. i would have stuck with the pills but i am sort of young and have been caught snorting my bupe before and got in trouble for it. my parentals dont understand about the bioavailabilities and different routes of administration. so long story short i just wanna know if these can be placed in the nostril and be absorbed through the membranes?

I ended up switching from subs to OC on sunday and it was meant to be for one hit,but i ended up waking up sunday moring and seeing the spoon already there... it was an instant yep. so i quickly crushed n MF'ed 85mg of oxycodone lol. i easily made the switch having my first dose .3mg of bupe just b4 i went to bed in the early hours of monday morning.

CH, i usually mix 2mg with 4mg of water. also i would sometimes mix 4mg in 4.5 ml of water. you've probably already told me but what has worked well for you... taking into account that i dose different to you, because i'm guessing you'd use a different ratio like maybe 8ml of water to 2mg of suboxone?
I found good results with 0.8 to 1 mg/mL at the most when I was using higher doses. Now I am dissolving one 8mg Suboxone into 30mL of water. This is 0.26...mg/mL.

hey i apologize if this is jacking the thread in anyway but since its the bupe mega thread i don't see why i would be. anyways my question has to do with the sublingual films. I am curious if they can be placed in the nose and be absorbed through the membranes in your nostril. i decided to give the films a try and they really don't help as much as the pills used too. i used to take the pills sublingually until i learned of the higher availability from snorting which is now my preferred method of administration. I was hoping i could just use the films as directed but unfortunately not due to the reduced effects. i would have stuck with the pills but i am sort of young and have been caught snorting my bupe before and got in trouble for it. my parentals dont understand about the bioavailabilities and different routes of administration. so long story short i just wanna know if these can be placed in the nostril and be absorbed through the membranes?

1) Dissolve ~ 1mg of strip per 0.1 mL of water/
2) Load into an oral syringe or nasal spray mechanism (an insulin syringe without the needle and plastic tip holding the needle works well for me)
3) Carefully snort the liquid, I typically administer half to each nostril.

thanks a lot captain that helps a lot and is a lot more convenient than sticking sublingual film strips up your nose haha

my next concern is the measurements though. I have no way to measure out a 0.1ml of water. i'm not trying to make it exactly 0.1ml of water but as close as i can get would be nice. are there any things around the house i could use to measure with? or does anyone have an estimate of what 0.1ml of water is? i've never wanted to bang anything so i never really needed to worry about that kinda stuff. and are there any places i can acquire a nasal spray bottle?

Last edited:
Thanks Captain. I didn't realize the lower doses had a "speedy" euphoria/effect. Sounds similar to Kratom (different effects based on dosage). I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the low dose as much as I anticipated. I lost my love of speed years ago. If I think of taking anything "speed-related" it makes me feel sick.

With that said, I'm still going to taper and see what it's like. If it's really beneficially for me, then I'll stay on a low dose for a while. If not, I'll just taper off completely.

Currently on: 3mg/day

Next drop to: 2mg/day

thanks a lot captain that helps a lot and is a lot more convenient than sticking sublingual film strips up your nose haha

my next concern is the measurements though. I have no way to measure out a 0.1ml of water. i'm not trying to make it exactly 0.1ml of water but as close as i can get would be nice. are there any things around the house i could use to measure with? or does anyone have an estimate of what 0.1ml of water is? i've never wanted to bang anything so i never really needed to worry about that kinda stuff. and are there any places i can acquire a nasal spray bottle?

0.1 mL is not a lot of water at all. Really, what you want to do, is take drops of water, and put them 1 at a time on the strip, and see if you can get it to dissolve in as little as possible.

In a regular tea/table spoon, it's going to be a very small amount of water. I could try taking a picture for you but just try to use as little as possible, the less the better (since you want maximum exposure to the nasal membrane, too much will drip back).

You can buy a nasal spray pump from a pharmacy, but I would just get like an oral syringe looking thing, it should be able to measure out millilitres. :)

Thanks Captain. I didn't realize the lower doses had a "speedy" euphoria/effect. Sounds similar to Kratom (different effects based on dosage). I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the low dose as much as I anticipated. I lost my love of speed years ago. If I think of taking anything "speed-related" it makes me feel sick.

With that said, I'm still going to taper and see what it's like. If it's really beneficially for me, then I'll stay on a low dose for a while. If not, I'll just taper off completely.

Currently on: 3mg/day

Next drop to: 2mg/day

I know what you mean; I used to be sickened by stimulants but I really like them now. I have found that I respond best to d-amp or d-methamp, so I opt not to take Adderall (IR or XR) anymore.

Buprenorphine is a lot different than regular stimulants though, it's a lot more comfortable and less overwhelming than a high dose of amphetamine can be.

i been drinkin alot more lately and on subs for the most time and i still can put down a good amount thats after taking maybe 2mg or so in the morn then workin over 12 hours so i guess the sub may be wearin off by then but i buy 2 bud 40s on the way home from work alotta nights

IMHO moving to low dose subs makes it easier to use other drugs including alcohol. I never got any kinda buzz from OC or alcohol on higher dose subs but do now. I take 1mg around 8-9am and by 5-6pm a few shots of vodka with benzo feels pretty good. At least I can now enjoy some drinks with friends and family now... which wasn't the case before tapering. Can only smoke a little bud about 1 wk per month due to screens. In fact, it's getting close to that time now... I'm gone.

thanks cap that will be my method then. i was able to acquire an oral syringe from the local walgreens without any hesitation from the pharmicist. thought i might be questioned a little due to my age but i was wrong. anyways thanks a ton and i'll be reporting back with the results

I have fallen out of using benzos and haven't touched any of them for months now.

Thats a good move... hope to do the same someday soon and hope it won't be to bad since i've kept useage to 1/2-1mg alpros or Klons [max] a day. I take some days off with no problems... but have sleep meds for that.

^ deff a good move! i just posted this in the thread above this one(now below this one lol)..

"i wish i was done with benzos.. im in the middle of my kpin taper and am in like a half w/d state constantly, it sucks and is hard to explain other than i feel fine and like shit at the same time and am constantly freezing.. i started at 5mg kpin and am at 2.5mg now. i wish this shit was over with and when i try not taking any to try and CT it i feel like im gonna die. I wish i never got addicted to benzos. Opiate w/d i can handle and have been for half my life but benzo w/d is something completely different. It's like a mix between trycyclic antidepressant w/d's + opiate w/d's + feeling like an icicle at once. "

- hood

need help

well it only took about two drops of water to make it all dissolve, that wasn't the problem

problem is the oral syringe they game me measures by 1.0ml and cant really even pull up the mixture due to how small of an amount is in the spoon i'm assuming i need a smaller syringe but am wondering if i can just get the same results from puttin the film in my nose and just snorting a drop of water or two? i know it sound silly but it would actually be a lot easier for me i think. other than just going back to pills and snorting those

well it only took about two drops of water to make it all dissolve, that wasn't the problem

problem is the oral syringe they game me measures by 1.0ml and cant really even pull up the mixture due to how small of an amount is in the spoon i'm assuming i need a smaller syringe but am wondering if i can just get the same results from puttin the film in my nose and just snorting a drop of water or two? i know it sound silly but it would actually be a lot easier for me i think. other than just going back to pills and snorting those

why not dissolve the strip in a spoon with water and then snort it with a piece of a straw?
it would be just like squirting it up your nose with a syringe.. kinda. but it works.

Suboxone/Heroin buzzing question...

Trust me please. I have UTFSE to no avail and I have not been able to come up with any sort of answer to my question/problem. Well here goes nothing...

I IV'ed 4 mg of Suboxone yesterday morning, yesterday evening I picked up some dope hoping I could push through the blockade. I was able to get through the bupe with a little bit of trouble. I ended up using more dope than I thought I would. I still got high nonetheless but there was no rush. I am just glad I was able to get high.

The issue is that today, I bought more dope and I haven't taken any Suboxone since yesterday morning. I used the same amount of dope as I did last night, today. I didn't get high at all, i didn't feel a rush, but my eyes are super pinned out and I am nodding slightly. It sucks because I wasted all that dope and I'm not high. Right after I shot I felt a slight head rush and then it disappeared. no high today :(

Has anyone has anything like this happen to them ever?

EDIT: Will someone please help me out here? I am worried.

Last edited:
why not dissolve the strip in a spoon with water and then snort it with a piece of a straw?
it would be just like squirting it up your nose with a syringe.. kinda. but it works.

i actually contemplated doing that halfway through the process but decided to just finish out the process and see how it worked. so far nothing has worked better than just placing the film in my nose, unfortunately its hard to get to dissolve fully this way and am stuck with sticky goo in my nose. i'll try your method next, just a little worried that i'm gonna lose a lot of the bupe due to liquid thats gonna be left over in the straw or spoon

thanks for the suggestion Deezy

back to 2mg.....

last night was the worst shit ever...... smoked all my pot, spent my last 40 bucks......

ill be honest, i was really upset when i woke up, and i cried.......

That would work too, I wish I would have thought of that. Good idea Hood!

Trust me please. I have UTFSE to no avail and I have not been able to come up with any sort of answer to my question/problem. Well here goes nothing...

I IV'ed 4 mg of Suboxone yesterday morning, yesterday evening I picked up some dope hoping I could push through the blockade. I was able to get through the bupe with a little bit of trouble. I ended up using more dope than I thought I would. I still got high nonetheless but there was no rush. I am just glad I was able to get high.

The issue is that today, I bought more dope and I haven't taken any Suboxone since yesterday morning. I used the same amount of dope as I did last night, today. I didn't get high at all, i didn't feel a rush, but my eyes are super pinned out and I am nodding slightly. It sucks because I wasted all that dope and I'm not high. Right after I shot I felt a slight head rush and then it disappeared. no high today :(

Has anyone has anything like this happen to them ever?

EDIT: Will someone please help me out here? I am worried.

Suboxone was occupying some receptors, and heroin was hitting others.

Merely taking the same amount of heroin isn't going to work, because the Suboxone isn't holding onto some receptors, and you already have a tolerance to heroin again because you just took it the previous day.

This is why it's advisable to wait up to several days sometimes until you switch back to full agonists, just so that you can get your money's worth out of them.

Suboxone was occupying some receptors, and heroin was hitting others.

Merely taking the same amount of heroin isn't going to work, because the Suboxone isn't holding onto some receptors, and you already have a tolerance to heroin again because you just took it the previous day.

This is why it's advisable to wait up to several days sometimes until you switch back to full agonists, just so that you can get your money's worth out of them.

Thank you. I will do just that. Hopefully tomorrow will be enough time because I plan on giving it another shot. It was strange though because day I used both I got real high from the H and got no rush. Today I got nothing but needle point eyes and slight nodding. Oh well. Thanks captain!!

That would work too, I wish I would have thought of that. Good idea Hood!

I actually got really good results from just cutting the film down in to smaller pieces then putting those in my nose and snorting a little water. took a lil to come on but when it did man i felt great. even caught a little nod after a some maryjane indulging

Status
Not open for further replies.