• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
IME you don't neccisarily need to piss dirty. If you are in some pretty bad W/D's they will have one look at your eyes and come to the quick conclusion that you arn't bullshitting your other W/D symptons.

^This is good for some doctors, but not all. When I was faced with this problem, I placed a small order for poppy pods and took them like 48 hours before the meeting was scheduled. Other things that might work are finding drugs which would not be tested for but are still opiates, such as hydrocodone (they'd have to test specifically for it) or even kratom (it is an opioid and is addicting)... Again, it will depend on your individual doctor, but if you are seriously looking to go on the treatment, many doctors will go with you as long as you admit that you are addicted and want to stop taking illegal drugs. I know people on Suboxone maintenance for alcohol addiction, so really if this particular doctor doesn't work out, another doctor will surely work with you. Your condition is legitimate and a good doctor should help you through this.

Good luck...

I have a question about why they say that nalaxone has no effect. I find that it gives me withdrawls when i take it 12 hours after my last heroin dose. Subutex on the other hand can be taken just minutes after my last dose. For some reason doctors still tell you to wait until your in withdrawl even if you are taking subutex. That is complete bullshit. Suboxone on the other hand gives me withdrawls , so it has to be the nalaxone

My dr won't give subutex if you have any history of IV use... so most of us [at our clinic] are stuck with suboxone. I'd like to try tex just to compare the two but am not willing to go to the street to find em. Anyway, you could be hypersensitive to Naloxone which is the case for a low% of users. Most who've used both... say there's little or no difference between them.

does bupe really take that much away from drinking?

i find i dont need to drink anymore, went from a daily drinker...... but do still enjoy drinks a couple times weekly now......

I simply do not drink while on bupre ,at all ... personally it takes at least 2x my normal dose to notice any effects and even then said effects aren´t exactly how I kind of remember having enjoyed alcohol before being on Subutex ("dysphoria" comes to mind); judging by other people I know who have been on Sub maintenance I´d say this is more the norm than the exception.

it totally kills any euphoria from booze. i remember TRYING SO HARD to just get past 1 beer and failing. i would even puke if i took a shot.

now, years later i can drink on it. i dont desire it much, but it is nice to have a glass or two of wine at the end of the work week and not feel like vomiting.

anyways guys...... 6 weeks down the drain......smoking two points right now.......and i fucking took a cab both ways....

and i got a piss test coming up probably......

o well.....

i didnt have no subs today i ran out yeasterday had 2 mg in the morn and the day before that was 1mg but i feel fine its been closer to a month now since i did any Oc

i been drinkin alot more lately and on subs for the most time and i still can put down a good amount thats after taking maybe 2mg or so in the morn then workin over 12 hours so i guess the sub may be wearin off by then but i buy 2 bud 40s on the way home from work alotta nights

anyways guys...... 6 weeks down the drain......smoking two points right now.......and i fucking took a cab both ways....

and i got a piss test coming up probably......

o well.....

What led up to this for you?

Are you going to try to get back on Suboxone?

ill be back on it tomo morning......

just a minor slip..... also smoking keif and drinking...

just wanted to get high, it was dumb. o well

ill be back on it tomo morning......

just a minor slip..... also smoking keif and drinking...

just wanted to get high, it was dumb. o well

Well you have hash and medical grade weed, so I figure why not get stoned? %)

Where I live, there is no MMJ, and hash is a rarity (plus it's shit quality compared to good stuff apparently) - and sometimes I don't have a lot of weed to smoke.

Glad to hear you're getting back on buprenorphine though; good luck man.

@skag- it happens to most people.. good luck continuing the subs. hopefully it doesn't keep happening (unless you want it too lol )..
if i was you i would start on a low dosage so you don't need to taper back down to the lower dose you were taking.. unless too low of a dose is what made you relapse (i guess there's no way to figure that out tho).
But if you wanted to be on a low dose this would be the perfect time to start that dose and let your body adjust for a few days and you *should* be fine. I say should only because it could take a little longer for some people. That's kinda how i got on a low dose, minus the getting high part.. i just stopped taking bupe till i was in w/d's and started a low dose and stayed on it till i got used to it and i have been at it since.

oh iight, i just thought from reading your posts that you were trying to get even lower. but you know what's best for you.

Well, I must admit, that I seem to be getting the best effects (so far), on this 3mg dose. I'm taking 1mg doses three times a day. About an hour after I dose, I feel a very slight buzz, an energy boost and a "talkative/social" stimulation. This is just so strange to me, it's very hard to understand. Please understand, that I'm a skeptic, and I try to find as much truth is anything I'm involved in. I just have this innate urge to "understand" the workings of things.

While it doesn't matter what the cause is, as long as it works; the whole concept of norbupe vs bupe just doesn't seem to add up to me. There seems to be some big "holes". But, then again, sub is a strange drug, and earth is a strange world.

Is it safe to say that I can expect even greater 'effects' from the subs as I lower my dose even more?

I've now read so many other threads where JB talked about low dose suboxone. Something I'm still a little unsure of is: JB do you suggest getting down to the point of taking 0.5mg *once* a day? Or dosing 0.5mg multiple times a day as needed?

Skag, as you seem to be 'in the know' as far as the low dose sub, your advice/knowledge is appreciated, if you have any input.

Thanks again for any info.

Well, I must admit, that I seem to be getting the best effects (so far), on this 3mg dose. I'm taking 1mg doses three times a day. About an hour after I dose, I feel a very slight buzz, an energy boost and a "talkative/social" stimulation. This is just so strange to me, it's very hard to understand. Please understand, that I'm a skeptic, and I try to find as much truth is anything I'm involved in. I just have this innate urge to "understand" the workings of things.

While it doesn't matter what the cause is, as long as it works; the whole concept of norbupe vs bupe just doesn't seem to add up to me. There seems to be some big "holes". But, then again, sub is a strange drug, and earth is a strange world.

Is it safe to say that I can expect even greater 'effects' from the subs as I lower my dose even more?

I've now read so many other threads where JB talked about low dose suboxone. Something I'm still a little unsure of is: JB do you suggest getting down to the point of taking 0.5mg *once* a day? Or dosing 0.5mg multiple times a day as needed?

Skag, as you seem to be 'in the know' as far as the low dose sub, your advice/knowledge is appreciated, if you have any input.

Thanks again for any info.

I am currently using 26 mcg per IV injection, and am going through no more than 208-260 mcg per day (0.208 to 0.26 mg per day), so I can attest to the fact that yes, buprenorphine is more stimulating at lower doses, and is more "opiate like"/sedating at higher doses.

Since I have ADHD, buprenorphine works really well for me at low doses, and it doesn't build a tolerance like amphetamines do. :)

going back to 2mg

I hope it works well for you, let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.