• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

People who have no faith

Whatever spiritual pothole exists that people need to fill with faith does not exist in me.

Or I've just managed to pave over it with something else along my way. Probably cigarettes.

I dig religion as a concept, and I enjoy listening to people explore their faith and learning how it shapes their views and actions, in the same way I like hearing stories about the past or places I'll likely never visit. It's a perspective I cannot replicate on my own. Could do without the zealotry, be it, "Dude, you gotta check out X Beach," "Dude, the 80s were so much better," "Dude, my religion has the coolest afterlife," "Dude, the concept of God is not worth exploring because there is no proof," or anything along those lines.

Not a one of my beliefs are immutable or unchangeble enough to be called Faith. Except maybe that one, because I think paradoxes are super-cool, too.

For now.

your probably a skinhead nazi lol. You know pretty much every verse you posted is not in the quran. It doesn't even come close to translating in english from arabic as sex slaves. Go acutally read the quran before going on nazi sites or take your ass to stormfront.

If not a liar, you would have refuted at least one of the quotes.

Regards
DL

I dig religion as a concept, and I enjoy listening to people explore their faith and learning how it shapes their views and actions,

I see a lot of homophobia and misogyny in the mainstream religions.

Do you enjoy seeing that as well and like the actions they produce? Discrimination without a just cause, you enjoy seeing?

You are not religious so I hope I am reading you wrong.

How can you dig such vile concepts, not to mention watching people go into mental and moral dissonance by believing in a supernatural realm?

Regards
DL

Black people have views too.

Blacks are too nice.

They suffer what I see as their ongoing genocide in the U.S. without enough protest.

It is a slow genocide and the weapons are jails that keep blacks out of the work force and screws up their chances at a normal family life.

That is the whites keeping the blacks from competing freely by force of law, and that is a form of genocide.

Regards
DL

I see a lot of homophobia and misogyny in the mainstream religions.

I those things outside of religion, too.

Among atheists, even.

Discrimination without a just cause, you enjoy seeing?

Implying there are just causes for discrimination

watching people go into mental and moral dissonance by believing in a supernatural realm

Is way more interesting than reading the same intellectual veganism that every. single. atheist. mistakenly believes is their incredibly insightful and unique breakthrough that they simply must share with the world because everyone up to this point has just been so very very wrong

Among atheists, even.

Sure, but it is not enshrined in the atheist dogma the way it is in religions that put women and gays below heterosexual males.

You dodged the question, and yes, there are many just causes for discriminating negatively against certain groups within society.

Every law in fact has a compulsion for us to discriminate.

Do you, for instance, not discriminate against murderers?

I sure do. In fact, if I did not, I would be seen as an accomplish by law if I did not.

Regards
DL

I guess it's been said but why do people even associate religion with science? To me, that's like a mathematician assigning a number to every constellation. Why even bother?

What's God? Is He infinite or an infinite expression of numbers? Does it matter?

The answer is no, because there's no number for your faith. If you don't have faith then you don't have a belief in God, so who cares?

Among atheists, even.

Is way more interesting than reading the same intellectual veganism that every. single. atheist. mistakenly believes is their incredibly insightful and unique breakthrough that they simply must share with the world because everyone up to this point has just been so very very wrong

ha ha. Exactly. It like “man the World has been bungling these things for centuries - I just need to set everyone straight. ok so guys, let’s think about this logically...” Most atheists and religion mockers don’t seem to realize that their arguments have been around for millennia and both expressed and refuted in much better ways. got back 1600 years and read St. Augustine for some great examples.

Last edited:
Most atheists and religion mockers don’t seem to realize that their arguments have been around for millennia

And, ironically, their salient points get as lost in their mocking as much as they lose the salient points of the religous.

@Gnostic Bishop Just because some people see god in a way that you do not agree with doesn't mean that is what god is to everyone. Can you prove that the universe just appeared from nothing, if not how is that less of an assumption than it was created?

That's the thing. God doesn't prove anything but existence. Plus, He's a man. I think, who cares?

Unless this God consistently shows off and flexes His powers to give us knowledge, He can just go away. He definitely doesn't give a toss what we're up to or He'd be engaging with us

What have I missed? :)

IMO you can engage with god by looking within, I found its kind of something that if you don't take the first step of having that faith its never gonna make sense

I already took the steps growing up that way, but I never saw God. Instead I saw a bunch of negative things that are associated with bad things opposing God. Am I still missing anything? :)

bunch of negative things that are associated with bad things opposing God.
Bit confused by what you are saying could you give an example? You saw negative things associated with god? If that's what you mean I would assume you are getting at like corrupted people in power in the church, pedophlia, or stories you find negative in the bible? For me I never really read the bible or went to church its kind of just a God belief, I do think the bible, and probably every other religious book has a lot of wisdom in it though and I don't believe its meant to be taken literally, but as stories to draw morals or lessons about doing whats right. And yea for me church is most likely just a place to congregate with people of similar views(never been), I dont like the power structure at all though and I know people will take advantage of everything they can, including religion. Those tv faith healers make me sick

Last edited:
There’s no step by step for seeing God Though psychedelics come close! Maybe you are defining God Or have certain expectations of what He should be, then are disappointed he does not conform? I only ask this because you say you think you are missing something.

”SUPPOSING that Truth is a woman—what then? Is there not ground for suspecting that all philosophers, in so far as they have been dogmatists, have failed to understand women—that the terrible seriousness and clumsy importunity with which they have usually paid their addresses to Truth, have been unskilled and unseemly methods for winning a woman?”

- Nietzsche

Bit confused by what you are saying could you give an example? You saw negative things associated with god? If that's what you mean I would assume you are getting at like corrupted people in power in the church, pedophlia, or stories you find negative in the bible? For me I never really read the bible or went to church its kind of just a God belief, I do think the bible, and probably every other religious book has a lot of wisdom in it though and I don't believe its meant to be taken literally, but as stories to draw morals or lessons about doing whats right. And yea for me church is most likely just a place to congregate with people of similar views(never been), I dont like the power structure at all though and I know people will take advantage of everything they can, including religion. Those tv faith healers make me sick
I try not to talk about it often, but yes negative things like entities that told me they'd kill me while I was in bed at night. This is when I was about 6, 7 years old. It never went away but I finally got rid of it once I figured out ways to disprove it

I never was Christian even though I was forced into going to a Christian school and all that. I guess I just sort of shrug it off and I still do, except now I actively don't believe in it if that makes sense

I guess it's been said but why do people even associate religion with science? To me, that's like a mathematician assigning a number to every constellation. Why even bother?

What's God? Is He infinite or an infinite expression of numbers? Does it matter?

The answer is no, because there's no number for your faith. If you don't have faith then you don't have a belief in God, so who cares?

I both agree and disagree.

In the physical sciences, you are correct.

In the mental sciences, you are wrong as Genesis mimics what science says. Those who read it literally do not see that natures forces us to do evil to each other and that is what the bible means when it says we are all born sinners.

Science agrees, but would use do evil to each other instead of sin.

Regards
DL