• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

People who have no faith

Well reasoned but faith is not belief. Belief takes evidence. Faith is more of a hope in things "unseen" as scriptures say.

Christians will say they believe something because Jesus did.

Hope and faith are synonimous.

Regards
DL
I have all the evidence for faith, yet I don't have it. It's not because of good faith but because of all the evil that'd oppressed me before I finally figured out how to get rid of it. That means I don't have faith because my only faith lies in the wicked ;)

Well reasoned but faith is not belief. Belief takes evidence. Faith is more of a hope in things "unseen" as scriptures say.

Christians will say they believe something because Jesus did.

Hope and faith are synonimous.

Regards
DL
There's a semantic distinction between "belief" as in "to believe in god" and as in "I believe it's going to rain".
People may muddy the argument by conflating the two without realizing it, in the same way that is often done with "theory" (theory=hypothesis ≠ theory=model).
"Faith" can also have a more grounded meaning, as in "I have faith in her; she always tries her best"

Regarding religion, I'm only referring to "belief" and "faith" as both meaning "accepting as true even though there is no evidence".

raised catholic and the way i see it is if I'm wrong about God's existence, I've lost nothing when i die. if we turn to nothing there will be no memory of missed opportunities in this life.

raised catholic and the way i see it is if I'm wrong about God's existence, I've lost nothing when i die. if we turn to nothing there will be no memory of missed opportunities in this life.

And if you face Yahweh, do you think he will be Satan-like or a good god-like?

Are you looking forward to eternity with a genocidal satanic-like god?

Regards
DL

I am agnostic ( also agonistic) but I tend to base my views around an atheist interpretation of the world. I think i am more comfortable with that. I can accept the existence of any god/spirits that are hands off enough to not void any of observable reality.

One interpretation I enjoy is a warped form of deism where God is simply the physical rules that govern our universe. These rules are arbitrary and axiomatic, and it is quite amazing that all of the emergent properties of nature to come together to allow intelligent life to exist.

@Gnostic Bishop why u so pissed at God? U obviously believe in him or you couldn't hate him so much

I do not believe in fantasy gods or anything of the sup[ernatural. Those beliefs are for idiots.

Why am I pissed off because others have been conned into believing such B.S.? Because it is not morally healthy to adore a genocidal and satanic prick while thinking such a moral monster to be good, nor is it good to follow his thinking and be homophobic and misogynous.

If you are not pissed to see your fellow human beings being mentally and morally shafted by lying preachers, your not much of a man.

I hope I did not just insult you, but if I did, you deserve it.

Regards
DL

I do not believe in fantasy gods or anything of the sup[ernatural. Those beliefs are for idiots.

Why am I pissed off because others have been conned into believing such B.S.? Because it is not morally healthy to adore a genocidal and satanic prick while thinking such a moral monster to be good, nor is it good to follow his thinking and be homophobic and misogynous.

If you are not pissed to see your fellow human beings being mentally and morally shafted by lying preachers, your not much of a man.

I hope I did not just insult you, but if I did, you deserve it.

Regards
DL
it's ok. you can admit you're mad at Him....

I am agnostic ( also agonistic) but I tend to base my views around an atheist interpretation of the world. I think i am more comfortable with that. I can accept the existence of any god/spirits that are hands off enough to not void any of observable reality.

One interpretation I enjoy is a warped form of deism where God is simply the physical rules that govern our universe. These rules are arbitrary and axiomatic, and it is quite amazing that all of the emergent properties of nature to come together to allow intelligent life to exist.

I like.

In Gnostic Christianity, we call our god I am.

I think you will agree that that is a decent way to think.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and "I am", represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards
DL

who are you to say you know more?

One who has yet to be refuted in my moral views.

Who are you to say I know less without even an argument of debate?

Prove me wrong and I will thank you much for improving me, or admit you are wrong and learn to be smarter.

That or continue staying as dumb as your initial post indicated you were.

Regards
DL

One who has yet to be refuted in my moral views.

Who are you to say I know less without even an argument of debate?

Prove me wrong and I will thank you much for improving me, or admit you are wrong and learn to be smarter.

That or continue staying as dumb as your initial post indicated you were.
Regards
DL
y argue. neither will change our minds.

y argue. neither will change our minds.

??

You just said elsewhere that you were wrong often. I took that to mean that you readily admit when proven wrong.

I too have been wrong often. Just not on moral issues, and as indicated, I want to be righted where I am wrong.

I think we are about done now unless you have something substantive.

Regards
DL

??

You just said elsewhere that you were wrong often. I took that to mean that you readily admit when proven wrong.

I too have been wrong often. Just not on moral issues, and as indicated, I want to be righted where I am wrong.

I think we are about done now unless you have something substantive.

Regards
DL
Do you even read your own posts?