• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

People who have no faith

Your trips should make you question the nature of reality itself - not just which sky God you choose to follow. I can't help but feel you may be missing the point...

Your trips should make you question the nature of reality itself - not just which sky God you choose to follow. I can't help but feel you may be missing the point...
Its been over a decade down the rabbit hole pondering the nature of reality during deep trips. In the end the infinite nature of reality is created by "god" by the properties of god its so far beyond this human understanding we could never comprehend the eternal creator force. This life and dimension of reality is just the endless infinite possibilities bought forward by the "god".

5-meo dmt is literally the god molecule when you do that you finally start to understand god a little bit more. I know what the nature of reality is i found that out for myself on 3 hits of WoWs when i was 19 for the first time. Hundreds of trip exploring other realms but you never lose focus that their is the greater power that created all this to exist.

Most people will chase their own tail to the end of time in psychedelics if they dont accept god exists. Its impossible to comprehend reality in this life but im sure the next journey in the afterlife will take us all into some deeper experince closer to the unity of all reality.

Its been over a decade down the rabbit hole pondering the nature of reality during deep trips. In the end the infinite nature of reality is created by "god" by the properties of god its so far beyond this human understanding we could never comprehend the eternal creator force. This life and dimension of reality is just the endless infinite possibilities bought forward by the "god".

5-meo dmt is literally the god molecule when you do that you finally start to understand god a little bit more. I know what the nature of reality is i found that out for myself on 3 hits of WoWs when i was 19 for the first time. Hundreds of trip exploring other realms but you never lose focus that their is the greater power that created all this to exist.

Most people will chase their own tail to the end of time in psychedelics if they dont accept god exists. Its impossible to comprehend reality in this life but im sure the next journey in the afterlife will take us all into some deeper experince closer to the unity of all reality.

But why chose to follow any religion that has been created simply to control its believers? It really doesn't make sense to me. Psychedelics promote independent thinking, not blind faith.

But why chose to follow any religion that has been created simply to control its believers? It really doesn't make sense to me. Psychedelics promote independent thinking, not blind faith.
I believe we all come to a personal relationship with god even if we dont follow a religion. As long as people aint praying to another human. Its been many years of exploring what Islam was about it compared to other things over the years and during trips i would think about it and eventually came to realize no matter how hard i tried to debunk the teachings of a monotheistic all powerful god i couldn't. I don't believe that non believers in the god are going to hell though that kind of defeats the purpose of a loving forgiving god?. Though i truly believe that hell does exist and some people are going their for grave crimes committed against life.

I will never be able to wrap my mind around why a eternal creator god exists but i just have to accept that we are here and hopefully we all get some answers about this crazy thing we call life we our own time comes?

I guess the moral is to treat life with love and don't harm other souls. Karma is real and in the end we only have ourselves to blame for anything that comes in the here for after.

I see no problem with psychedelics leading you to decide to practice one religion out of several. It sounds to me that this was not some sudden thing where halfway through an acid trip you started making everyone call you Ibrahim and start making turbans out of teatowels, but rather was a moment of connection that solidifed your pre-existing viewpoints.

As long as your worldview remains stable upon later sober introspection, and you're not forcing it on anyone or being coerced (massive donations to a "church", subservience to some "leader" character, etc), there's no harm at all. I have heard plenty of people reporting similar experiences where they either affirm or convert to some particular religion. Usually the Abrahamic religions don't get as much press as the more "hippy oriented" things like Native American spirituality, Hinduisn, and the like, but there have been many experiences and even one documented one (Good Friday Experiment) that showed people had positive religious experiences.

Arguably, every single religion, especially the Abrahamic ones, are tools to control people to some extent. However, the difference in how religion is practiced can vary widely... there are Christian extremists who are incredibly restrictive and controlling, then on the opposite spectrum there are people who identify as Christian and seemingly practice very little of it (no prayer, church, etc). It's really up to the individual to determine what sacrifices they feel is appropriate.

I have met plenty of Muslims who are happy and productive individuals. They don't seem to mind the dietary restrictions and occasional fasting, and some find that regular prayer and associated rituals help structure their daily life. Quite a few of them also enjoy the cultural aspect of the religion they enjoy the interpersonal connections that come from visiting a mosque regularly, they find studying the history and culture of the Middle East to be interesting, they find that the charity and teachings simply align with their morals already, etc.

I also find that people tend to view Islam as some sort of extremist religion; it's really no more so than Protestantism is. There are super-restrictive evangelical sects that make a bad name for the whole group, and there are moderates who greatly outnumber them.

Last edited:
Yeah there is a lot of Islamophobia in the world today, understandable so, but a subset of radicals does not define an entire spiritual practice. Islam also, in ~800/900-1300AD, ushered in a golden age of liberalism, culture and egaliatarianism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age).

I don't personally subscribe to any organized religion, but each has its good and bad aspects. For example, most Christians I know (having grown up as one - Methodist specifically) are really good, decent and caring people, and most churches I've been a part of have put the monetary donations to good and tangible work in the local community. These communities are nothing but positive, regardless of whether I think their entire worldview is accurate.

I don't really understand the desire to follow organised religion or why acid would drive you to do so, but tbh if you are happy and not harming anyone else, I can't say anything against it either.

I don't like the hate Muslims get in the West these days either, they are judged largely by false perceptions and extrapolation of a radical minority onto the peaceful majority. If you read the words of the Quran there is some nasty stuff in there, but @sekio made the point already: most people do not follow the word of their religion super strictly regardless of what that religion is. And most Muslims are normal friendly people.

My dad's side of the family are Muslim immigrants, but I'm not close to that side of the family at all because they hated that my dad married a white woman and did not bring me up into their culture. There are very valid criticisms to be made about that end of things, but very rarely is that what people actually attack when they criticise Islam. It is also pretty limited to first generation immigrants in Western countries, as the second generation and beyond inevitably become more westernised.

On a philosophical level I am opposed to organised religion but that's just my view and my values, I don't try to force them onto others. Although I do enjoy debates and discussions because it makes for a very interesting topic. To me it all comes down to systems of morality. Belief in organised religion means you subscribe to someone else's moral code and believe it to be universal. Whereas without religion you are free to believe in your own moral code and accept it as subjective. I find that topic to be very interesting. In Nietzschean terms: slave morality vs master morality.

Sorry if I went off on a tangent... am on speed. Actually surprised this comment ended up so short.

I think alot of the quran verses that people take issue with is what they have read a one liner on the internet without understanding the contex time or place. The qurans message of peace but also goes into war vs the various enemies of the time when the whole of the arabic region was a bunch of warring tribes. The quran is acutally the least violent book i read of the abraham religion. Compare it to the bible. The bible is far more violent and amounts to genocide and control very unlike what Jesus loving message was. While quran violent verses are set in the tone of certain self defense during the wars they fought to avoid getting slaughtered. But without the context of a legitimate war to defend themselves the quran forbids killing any other soul. Animals have to be used for food and not mindlessly killed off including insects etc.

I have found muslims have been more than welcoming enough to acutally sit down and discusses and explain in depth any questions the western mind could come up with.

Though the newer incarnations of islam like wabbhists i would disagree with their view. They stopped following Muhammad message and instead pledge their lives to oil money some inbred royal family and a cult that went backwards and also actually destroyed most of islams holiest sites.

Personally for myself i suscribe to the sufism view of islam a monotheistic oneness of god while also exploring their mystic school of thought. The whole dividing up of shia vs sunni islam seems to both of them further from the quran and instead just like the gospel and jesus death the followers of the earliest religions end up not really following the acutal message at all and instead power and control corrupted them.

I did a post on a blog site once about aliien franchise films - the future of them. is that relevnt

Yes, with its limits.

As Socrates said, there is no freedom with his question. Who will make your shoes?

We are all in this together, alone.

Regards
DL
Well, I meant alone in the common definition. Alone, in solitude, by yourself. In this context not only that, depending on one's view but also alone spiritually

People believe because they’ve been brought up to believe, because they are scared there’s nothing that comes after, because they feel a connection to something else. All these statements, small pieces of something bigger.
I don't agree. I was brought up to be Christian, even Christian school but I never believed in religion. Now I'm a pagan

I've also witnessed that quite a few adult Christians were brought up atheist; without religion

You really are quite laughable. I was in no way abused as a child, I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I would obviously not let my son do something that was harmful or fatal, that should be obvious to someone who claims to also be a parent.

We all need to be able to learn from our own mistakes, I have and always will support and guide my son but sometimes the best lesson is to let him learn it the hard way.

Considering your attitude and behaviour, you’ve clearly not learned from the mistakes of others. Quite ironic.

Too many stupid assumptions for me to bother with.

Regards
DL.

the quran and its scientific truths.

What is the scientific truth of the last entry below?

Islam and yukky women.

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands, if there is no water to purify them, following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

Quran (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse. If this is what Muhammad meant, then it would appear to contradict what he said in Muslim (8:3365).

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four" Inequality by numbers.

Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

Sahih Bukhari (62:81) - "The Prophet said: "'The stipulations most entitled to be abided by are those with which you are given the right to enjoy the (women's) private parts (i.e. the stipulations of the marriage contract).'" In other words, the most important thing a woman brings to marriage is between her legs.

Sahih Muslim (4:1039) - "A'isha said [to Muhammad]: 'You have made us equal to the dogs and the asses'"These are the words of Muhammad's favorite wife, complaining of the role assigned to women under Islam.Ishaq 593 - "As for Ali, he said, 'Women are plentiful, and you can easily change one for another.'"Ali was raised as a son by Muhammad. He was also the 4th caliph. This comment was made in Muhammad's presence without a word of rebuke from him.

Ishaq 593 - "From the captives of Hunayn, Allah's Messenger gave [his son-in-law] Ali a slave girl called Baytab and he gave [future Caliph] Uthman a slave girl called Zaynab and [future Caliph] Umar another." - Even in this world, Muhammad treated women like party favors, handing out enslaved women to his cronies for sex.Tabari VIII:117 - The fate of more captured farm wives, whom the Muslims distributed amongst themselves as sex slaves: "Dihyah had asked the Messenger for Safiyah when the Prophet chose her for himself... the Apostle traded for Safiyah by giving Dihyah her two cousins. The women of Khaybar were distributed among the Muslims."

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they make more reliable witnesses.

Regards
DL

Who would rely on faith or beliefs (Being yet in a form of doubt and a matter of questionable unsurity) when you can figure it out and understand the truth? (No longer in doubt, absolutely certainty). To make the difference more understandable since a lot of people do not get the difference. Unfortunately. Faith can get you somewhere but I doubt it will be anywhere as nice as where understanding will eventually lead you too. Bit by bit. Life by life.

Who would rely on faith or beliefs (Being yet in a form of doubt and a matter of questionable unsurity) when you can figure it out and understand the truth? (No longer in doubt, absolutely certainty). To make the difference more understandable since a lot of people do not get the difference. Unfortunately. Faith can get you somewhere but I doubt it will be anywhere as nice as where understanding will eventually lead you too. Bit by bit. Life by life.

Faith and belief are two separate issue. Beliefs have facts while faith have none.

On faith, not belief.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

What is the scientific truth of the last entry below?

Islam and yukky women.

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands, if there is no water to purify them, following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

Quran (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse. If this is what Muhammad meant, then it would appear to contradict what he said in Muslim (8:3365).

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four" Inequality by numbers.

Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

Sahih Bukhari (62:81) - "The Prophet said: "'The stipulations most entitled to be abided by are those with which you are given the right to enjoy the (women's) private parts (i.e. the stipulations of the marriage contract).'" In other words, the most important thing a woman brings to marriage is between her legs.

Sahih Muslim (4:1039) - "A'isha said [to Muhammad]: 'You have made us equal to the dogs and the asses'"These are the words of Muhammad's favorite wife, complaining of the role assigned to women under Islam.Ishaq 593 - "As for Ali, he said, 'Women are plentiful, and you can easily change one for another.'"Ali was raised as a son by Muhammad. He was also the 4th caliph. This comment was made in Muhammad's presence without a word of rebuke from him.

Ishaq 593 - "From the captives of Hunayn, Allah's Messenger gave [his son-in-law] Ali a slave girl called Baytab and he gave [future Caliph] Uthman a slave girl called Zaynab and [future Caliph] Umar another." - Even in this world, Muhammad treated women like party favors, handing out enslaved women to his cronies for sex.Tabari VIII:117 - The fate of more captured farm wives, whom the Muslims distributed amongst themselves as sex slaves: "Dihyah had asked the Messenger for Safiyah when the Prophet chose her for himself... the Apostle traded for Safiyah by giving Dihyah her two cousins. The women of Khaybar were distributed among the Muslims."

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they make more reliable witnesses.

Regards
DL
your probably a skinhead nazi lol. You know pretty much every verse you posted is not in the quran. It doesn't even come close to translating in english from arabic as sex slaves. Go acutally read the quran before going on nazi sites or take your ass to stormfront.