• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s now been 11 times since I’ve seen her in just over a month (yes I’m counting) and she almost always spends the night. Funny how it feels like you wake up from this hibernation when you fall for someone. Or that is how I feel it, even though I’ve been pretty happy alone. But something wakes up inside you, you want to be a better version of yourself etc.

I can’t put it to words why I feel for her now this strongly. I can’t really even remember those times when we hung out back in the days about 8-9 years ago but it wasn’t anything like this. Until now she was just another girl I had a thing with sometimes. But because of our history this feels way more special.

It feels like every time we meet now I fall for her more and more and we always have even more fun together. Sex is the best I’ve ever had and I feel like I’m 15 again. If I used dissos now I would probably see synchronicities everywhere in this thing, it feels so magical. We always joke how our lives are so similar that it’s pretty insane.

She is leaving for work next summer though to Åland Islands (it’s this Island near Finland which is basically Swedish but belongs to Finland) but it’s like 500 kilometers from here so it’s not the end of the world, I can go visit. I love how she’s so hardworking, when it comes to school and jobs etc. I’m pretty fucking spoiled myself and won’t do any shitty jobs.

I try not to fantasize and have too many expectations if this thing falls short. I just love to dream and fantasize about stuff. Fuuuck. Even if this doesn’t lead to any long term thing I’m still happy as hell I can still have feelings and experiences like this.

And I'm fighting the temptation to do some opioid tonight so hard, but I'm not succeeding, I haven't dosed yet but I'm fairly certain I will later when I get home from the doctor.
I'm drinking wine, beer and probably whisky too later. Made a pizza in my masonry oven an hour or two ago, good shit.

Oh and I always go bald or not full bald but like 1 millimeter a few times a year.

lol at $25 @ 11 gallons. that's like 41 liters? That would cost here about 60€.

Mate, you have a sauna, jacuzzi and a masonry oven? Good shit :)

I'm starting to loath Duckduckgo man, their search engine is so bad, especially when searching for really specific things, Google is much superior and I catch myself using it way too much

Talked to some phd students in other areas they were like wtf your work load is crazy. Well if i manage to pull off the next 4 weeks i think will be pretty set for things.

Managed to catch up with people i was drinking with last week they said i was fine but it was obvious i could not walk by myself and soon as they took me home i passed out said i was fine. So i had one cup of drinks last night to try take the edge off all the stimulants.

Before then was studying with the bro cooked a fat meal with him. Some how a running theme of my life is connecting with M.C gang members they always have treated me with top respect. Cool dude leading a powerful change in gang history to make it something community based and proud to be apart of.

Life is truly a trip when its a M.C patch member who is the positive influence on life steering me away from drugs and alcohol and treating me like family. def feel like i connected with him a reason.

This girl is gonna be a bad influence. Wants me to go out and party with her and i said no next week i got many important things coming up the following week from that weekend. Plus i do not like going into bars or clubs anymore it usually leads to random violence and i don't want to get king hit by people idk the streets to well around these parts. I can tell she is getting to like me more which is a good thing so she can have faith and trust me in when ill introduce her to LSD on probably bicycle day. Though nothing has happened between us yet.

She was a bit mad when i said no im going to go to a bar or club im over that stuff now. In the end this post grad study takes my highest priority why i am going to take lsd on break aswell. Damm women though they do know how to almost get what they want. But i am at a stage in my life where im so much more busy than her. Going to get my day started without stimulants. Hopefully i can try be productive more soul killing work would be nice to light up a joint. Though i have no connection for weed here back in other places though i would always get myself a ounce.

was also nice to hear that i look 5 years younger than what i am. I think LSD is like elixir of youth tbh. Got a nasty headache again.

Going to somehow get my ass through next week truly going to be a tough test of my work ethic. Chemistry does not fuck around.

I'm starting to loath Duckduckgo man, their search engine is so bad, especially when searching for really specific things, Google is much superior and I catch myself using it way too much

The perks on continued DuckDuckGo usage is that you will forget anything else exists ;)

Really, though, I haven't used Google for searches in years, and I wouldn't know DDG is mediocre compared to Google if I didn't read it. It doesn't feel mediocre to me!

The perks on continued DuckDuckGo usage is that you will forget anything else exists ;)

Really, though, I haven't used Google for searches in years, and I wouldn't know DDG is mediocre compared to Google if I didn't read it. It doesn't feel mediocre to me!
I too have used DDG for years, it's just egregiously bad for research related things, and anything very specific (certain non common keywords), it's also quite a bit slower. But I mean, it's free, my complaints should be taken with a grain of salt.

Man I need to start using DDG more. I by default just use google, I don't even think about it usually. :\

man this new generation describes my classic rock as grand dad music. Fucking idiots the 1960s and 1970s the best era of music ever fucking made. They will never appreciate the truly legends of music.

I actually disagree with that. Well, the late 60s and very early 70s was epic and certainly among the best music ever. After that though the 70s got cheesy as fuck, I can hardly stand to listen to classic rock radio stations anymore, even though some of it is really good. It turned into sort of party rock, so formulaic, I used to love it but it got really played out for me. The music of the past decade is amazing, there are SO MANY amazing musicians and bands, and we get to actually be exposed to them all because of the Internet. I mean the pop music scene is always cringey in any decade. But so much of the music people are making now is incredible. The late 90s/early 2000s was shitty, but it's gone entirely the opposite direction in the past 10 years, IMO.

I actually disagree with that. Well, the late 60s and very early 70s was epic and certainly among the best music ever. After that though the 70s got cheesy as fuck, I can hardly stand to listen to classic rock radio stations anymore, even though some of it is really good. It turned into sort of party rock, so formulaic, I used to love it but it got really played out for me. The music of the past decade is amazing, there are SO MANY amazing musicians and bands, and we get to actually be exposed to them all because of the Internet. I mean the pop music scene is always cringey in any decade. But so much of the music people are making now is incredible. The late 90s/early 2000s was shitty, but it's gone entirely the opposite direction in the past 10 years, IMO.
I agree, I never got too deep into rock and the main reason was always a lot of releases sound formulaic, which is the perfect word. The best thing about now indeed is that we have access to pretty much everything anyone has made in x amount of years, at any time, it's awesome.

I actually kinda like(d) the 2000s pop style, I thought 70s-80s disco/disco funk was pretty good too, cheesy yes, but quite good. 90s will have always have a dear place in my heart with the rise of electronic music (electro, techno, 2-step) and development of hip hop, other than that I agree that the 2000s were utterly terrible. While I would also argue that now is the best time when it comes to music, I will always uphold the opinion that popular music has never been worse (all EDM, weak ass hip hop, and pop rock).
But the spirit is that it is an amazing time to be alive =D

yeah the past decade is really good aswell. i think from the mid 2000's onwards has been amazing

In NZ we have really fucking insane dub and reagee bands that are not well known.

Here is one thinking back now these lyrics must be about either tripping or fucking getting super high

man this new generation describes my classic rock as grand dad music. Fucking idiots the 1960s and 1970s the best era of music ever fucking made. They will never appreciate the truly legends of music.
I'd always be spinning old 60s vinyl at parties in college and people would come up and ask if I could turn off that 'crap' and let them plug in their iPod and play lil'*insert rapper name*. Well probably iTouch, seeing as those were the years between iPhones and iPods.

Anyways, my point is lots of young folk will forever and ever listen to crappy music and eat it right up. Love what you love and feel sorry for those who can't enjoy good music.

It occurs to me suddenly that PD Social has been popping off lately, it's nice. :) I often think nostalgically back to 2006-2008 or so when you could barely keep up. It's not THAT busy now but it's nice to usually see new posts when refreshing. :)

While I would also argue that now is the best time when it comes to music, I will always uphold the opinion that popular music has never been worse (all EDM, weak ass hip hop, and pop rock).

Haha, yeah, the popular music is pretty awful, "hip-hop" (ie, trap bullshit) is so cringey I can hardly handle it, god it's bad, and pop country is bullshit, and generally EDM too except for the good stuff (and the EDM scene is ridiculous, every show has at least one dumb ass kid seizing out from doing too many drugs, they just call ambulances in advance to hang out in anticipation, in America anyway).

90s will have always have a dear place in my heart with the rise of electronic music (electro, techno, 2-step) and development of hip hop

I absolutely love the early 90s grunge/alternative, so good, and unique, the feels and chord progressions were ground breaking and the music was beautiful. Late 90s were a wasteland to me though, I fucking hated bands like Smash Mouth (they have a good song or two though).

Was splitting a few grams of Mal with a friend saw him a few weeks ago and grabbed something else off him and paid him for the mal.

Messaged him today asking if it ever came in, he said he put it in the bag with the other stuff from a few weeks ago. It was this green dog poop bag and I somehow missed the baggie in the bottom. Somehow the dog poop bag kept evading the trash. I kept noticing it in the house and thinking why do I still have this. Girlfriend eventually threw it out and remembers finding a bag inside and putting it somewhere in the house but she was very stoned and has no idea where she put it.

Shitty but funny how many times I saw that bag and was too lazy to throw it out.

Last edited:
other than that I agree that the 2000s were utterly terrible

I disagree. Sure there was a lot of poor quality stuff, but the 2000s were amazing for indie rock, new folk, etc. stuff. The 2000s was also the soil for the slow evolution of original UK dubstep, which, quality of the music aside (I love UK dubstep), ended up having an absolutely massive impact on the US dance music scene vis a vis the uptake and evolution of dubstep into brostep, which consequently brought an entire generation of US youth into the electronic world, spitting huge amounts of people into electro, trance, house, techno, drum and bass, and bass worlds.

Also, the 2000s brought the beginning of mass consumer music production, as well as increasingly tighter and smoother production techniques, due to digital tech. It was a pivotal decade that setup the 2010s to be the absolute explosion of home produced music that it was. That in itself is worthy of praise, IMO. It represented a paradigm shift for the music industry, I think.

I disagree. Sure there was a lot of poor quality stuff, but the 2000s were amazing for indie rock, new folk, etc. stuff. The 2000s was also the soil for the slow evolution of original UK dubstep, which, quality of the music aside (I love UK dubstep), ended up having an absolutely massive impact on the US dance music scene vis a vis the uptake and evolution of dubstep into brostep, which consequently brought an entire generation of US youth into the electronic world, spitting huge amounts of people into electro, trance, house, techno, drum and bass, and bass worlds.

Also, the 2000s brought the beginning of mass consumer music production, as well as increasingly tighter and smoother production techniques, due to digital tech. It was a pivotal decade that setup the 2010s to be the absolute explosion of home produced music that it was. That in itself is worthy of praise, IMO. It represented a paradigm shift for the music industry, I think.
I like dubstep too, in fact my first ever party was with Mala & Kode9. For many electronic genres the 2000s were dark ages where the immense creativity from the 90s made way for very standard and non innovating stuff. This is especially noticeable in house, trance, techno & dnb... electro did fine but even there. The rise of brostep is also a large part of why the 2000s were terrible, it's the start of the huge EDM wave that we have to endure (well not exactly have to, but it's not to be avoided when young and willing to step outside). I don't understand how this is an argument exactly, imo it set the US 20 years back (considering they came from extreme innovaters in Detroit) while Europe now has a very flourishing night club and electronic festival scene. Maybe this makes me sound like an asshole, it's my opinion but I really don't care what people listen to and I say all this with the friendliest of intent.

All that aside, of course I know there was a lot of good stuff as well in the 2000s, if you'd go through my playlists, at least 25% would be from 2000-2010. I'm talking about the main influences, and in my opinion a lot went to shit and it took a long time to recover. Paradigm shift or mass consumption isn't relevant to my argument I think. When taking into account all the possibilities and previous influences, I stand by it that it was a very poor decade, for me at least.
Can't comment on early 2000s indie rock, folk etc EDIT: since I don't know any from the early 2000s =D I do from other decades, could be on me

Last edited:
I like dubstep too, in fact my first ever party was with Mala & Kode9. For many electronic genres the 2000s were dark ages where the immense creativity from the 90s made way for very standard and non innovating stuff. This is especially noticeable in house, trance, techno & dnb... electro did fine but even there. The rise of brostep is also a large part of why the 2000s were terrible, it's the start of the huge EDM wave that we have to endure (well not exactly have to, but it's not to be avoided when young and willing to step outside). I don't understand how this is an argument exactly, imo it set the US 20 years back (considering they came from extreme innovaters in Detroit) while Europe now has a very flourishing night club and electronic festival scene. Maybe this makes me sound like an asshole, it's my opinion but I really don't care what people listen to and I say all this with the friendliest of intent.

All that aside, of course I know there was a lot of good stuff as well in the 2000s, if you'd go through my playlists, at least 25% would be from 2000-2010. I'm talking about the main influences, and in my opinion a lot went to shit and it took a long time to recover. Paradigm shift or mass consumption isn't relevant to my argument I think. When taking into account all the possibilities and previous influences, I stand by it that it was a very poor decade, for me at least.
Can't comment on early 2000s indie rock, folk etc

You don't sound like an asshole, to me.

My view on the EDM wave you're speaking of is that, yes, it is shitty and sucks to have to wade through to get to the real scene. And, at least where I grew up in the US, there really was no awareness of dance music before dubstep and brostep, and finally, EDM. So, it seems like a necessary evil to me, and not necessarily comparable to Europe's scene, where there historically has been higher dance music uptake. Worded differently, EDM sucks, but at least people are listening to and enjoying 4x4 beats, and thus incurring the potential of finding quality dance music. It is a gateway IMO, however shitty.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.