• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I thought I was in the clear with opiate w/d, but yesterday and today it's made a resurgence. Not major but lots of stretching, near-impossibility of sleeping, etc. It's possible it's from gabapentin or slightly possible it's from etizolam I was using to sleep, more days than not, but that's only been for like 11 days, with breaks. So probably not that. Gabapentin more likely, but it feels the most like residual opiate. Sigh... oh well.

^ You ever tried tianeptine out of curiosity Xorkoth? I know as someone with a history of opiate abuse you might be rightly wary of this and it would be irresponsible of me to suggest you try it if you haven't, but in my own experience - it must be said, as someone who just luckily hasn't had a major problem with opiates - it seems to be very benign and I'm kind of surprised in a way it isn't more widely used even if off-label to help people withdraw from harder opiates. That said, I know a lot of people do abuse it... anyway as I say just curious to hear if you have tried it and if so what you thought. Although for sure if you know you have a problem with opiates it's best to stay away.

On that note, how are you finding tianeptine as a buprenorphine substitute, @Cosmic Charlie - do you think it could be a useful alternative to other more traditional "maintenance" therapies if more people were given the option?

I have, yes... shortly after getting off opiates in 2014, I ordered tianeptine, didn't realize it was an opioid. After a few days of daily dosing, I gave the rest away because it was way too moreish. Plus, as an opioid, it would just prolong things. I found it rushy and very euphoric and not benign for me. I mean it feels safe enough, but I would just be taking another opiate, a strong and nice one too.

I liked it alot and as Xorky said it is indeed a strong Opioid especially in the daily doses I was at for the 4 days I was on it. Between 1,000-1,500mgs would have me high/well thru the day when staggered. Bought in bulk that really isn't all that expensive compared to most things. Went through the 5 grams pretty quickly so I'd probably need like forty grams per month I'm not sure how safe it is to take in those amounts...maybe I could get by on less if I dont dose it frivolously. But yeah it completely kept away withdrawals and I was in great spirits at work. Havent dosed in 30 hours and I'm actually re-inducing Bupe as we speak I have 8mgs under my tongue the dose I plan on continuing with until I jump onto the next Opioid I'm testing. Tiapatine trials were a great success and I'll be picking up 20 grams later in the week to have in my stockpile. Feel like that would be a wiser move than Kratom because with a tolerance like mine it may prove to be far to weak to keep the dogs at bay. Could deff use it as a maintenance drug and anticipating doing so in the coming months, so the answer to your question is an enthusiastic yes.

Last edited:
Happy Saint Patty's Day y'all! Drink some Guinness or some Irish car bombs for me guys, my gut can't handle it hahah.

They're talking about a complete lockdown in my country, probably going to start tomorrow. Time for some extensive drug testing, hope my package arrives in time, I doubt it though...

Backup plan is resuming my years old football manager addiction =D
Complete lockdown means only going out for food and medicine.

Complete lockdown means only going out for food and medicine.
That's already what I do. Though, I don't know if walking to my pot dealer counts as medicine heheh.

Most people are still being brash and going about though here, even with school closures. Confirmed cases in our city, not sure how many, single digits last I checked. I say fuck it, what a good time to be a shut-in already. And people are panic buying EVERYTHING. My pot guy was like dude I've sold so much weed this week. I realized then that by buying the weed I was exposing myself to dozens of people when we shook hands lol... oh well. C'est la vie!

Sick of it already... lockdowns don't go well with my personality or lifestyle. I have 3 band practices a week and I need to see my friends sometimes.

I honestly didn't expect such a rapid panic to occur like this. It's slowly becoming pandemonium.

Yeah I was saying this in another thread, but if this is how we react to something like this, which is serious but not particularly deadly compared to a lot of more serious diseases, think of what will happen if some mutated strain of ebola that is as transmissible as this were to spread. I hope world governments learn from this. The US's response has been quite poor. My girl is having some of the symptoms and even hovering between no fever and 99 degree fever, and they say she doesn't qualify for a test.

well while the virus doesn't seem to be very dangerous, it is dangerous enough so that the serious cases will overwhelm the capacity of the medical system, if it spreads too quickly, as seen in Italy the last few days. Doctors there basically have to decide which cases get respirators and such based on chance of survival. Austria also is on semi lockdown right now, but being outside alone or the person/people you live with to get some air is still okay. which is good because I have plants to water in two gardens ;)

Last edited:
Boss just fired my co-worker sadly but said in two or three weeks I will be back on fulltime. Gonna have to come in and clean the whole restaurant and prep food for a couple days. Feel really bad for that guy they let go its gonna be extremely hard to find a job as a cook in the coming months. Have to be thankful right I'll be able to go back and make money for my family soon. Going to have to make some lifestyle changes thankfully cutting Weed outta my life has saved me alot of money I havent smoked bud whatsoever in weeks. Have 4-5 months worth of Opioids, gonna get thru this.

Anybody mix alcohol and ketamine together? Going to try it out later in the week but start slow maybe just 2-3 beers and a small 30 mg line of racemic.

yes. i've never done k without drinking first. they go well together. i have no idea about the safety, only that the effect compliment one another.

Anybody mix alcohol and ketamine together? Going to try it out later in the week but start slow maybe just 2-3 beers and a small 30 mg line of racemic.
Not done with K, but I used to very much enjoy 1-4 beers on MXE. Especially prior rather than during the experience.

Alcohol increases the tendency to get dizzy/spinny if you're not really careful, but it can be a good combo if you're careful.

Ugh another nearly sleepless night. Hate that shit. I don't really feel too bad this morning though, definitely a good bit less withdrawaly than yesterday so far. Hopefully it stays that way. I was planning on taking gabapentin today but I'm, going to try to not do that, and take etizolam to sleep tonight if necessary (probably will be). I guess if there's any time to do a withdrawal that lingers on and on, it's during Covid self-quarantine...

I drank too much on 3-MeO-PCE on time at a festival, I was so dizzy I kept falling. Not recommended, but it was my own fault :)

Socially and if you're able to pace yourself well, alcohol and K compliment each other very well. If you have any doubts about your ability to pace yourself with ketamine, I'd advise against, strongly, although it sounds like you are going to be sensibly cautious. For me alcohol mutes a lot of the sharp psychedelic edges that I mainly look for when doing ketamine, if you do hole, you won't remember as much, just makes it a messier and more confusing experience overall. But with low doses of each, for sure, it's a fun combination, but if you're doing heavy doses of either drug (K or alcohol) the combination is pointless IMO and the good aspects of high doses of each will be ruined by the other (lost psychedelic edge of the K, or just full on blackout/memory loss/incapacitation with the alcohol). One final thing to note is that it is generally not advised from a purely medical perspective due to the risk of aspirating vomit while incapacitated, but, again, a little bit of care goes a long way, just noting this for any complete newcomers who might chance across this thread really.

Status
Not open for further replies.