• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

melbourne vs sydney

yup. its just like drinking sydney water.

it takes time, but you get used to it.. (diahorrea eventually goes away..) ;)

muzby said:
yup. its just like drinking sydney water.

it takes time, but you get used to it.. (diahorrea eventually goes away..) ;)
Add some salt.
I hear it helps everything. ;) :p

pl4yer0ne said:
I live in Sydney and I havent lived in melbourne, but from a tourists viewpoint:

In melbourne you need a committee meeting to plan the exact timetable of the evening so you can get from one side of the city to ballarat, across to dandenong and back in time for the good DJ.
Sydney has better bars and cafes too. i like aesthetics more than anything. And nothing beats the harbour.
Melbourne has its cool kinda of trendy thing going on.... Sydney just quietly gets along with being sexier.

You can tell you havent been to melbourne, cause first of all, Ballarat in not in melbourne, and second of all, no one goes to Dandenong. 8)

Melbourne's trainsport system, is alot more centralised then sydney, because everything comes out of the city.

I dont know where you can go in Sydney where you "find" a trendy new bar that your havent heard of. Or that you have trip over an alley way cafe that you just discovered has the best breakfast ever!

Sydney, sexier??.. pffft :|

^^ Honey I couldnt have put that better myself. Thank you for addressing all those points.

The only thing I can give sydney from my personal experience, is that darn harbour thing :p

I have tried to be at one with the harbour, but it doesnt work for me !

I dont know... its ok and all.. but its still just a bridge.

breakyaself said:
but its still just a bridge.

So, Im guessing you got over it!!! :p ;) 8)

Yes, I did crack my self up, and yes, I am one sad individual ;)

^^ ohmgod.

I found that so funny! That makes me as Lame as you. But fuck man, that was gold !

Melbourne is better, there really is no doubt about it. However there's a lot I like about both places. One bad thing about Melb is that a lot of the people there seem to suffer from the tall poppy syndrome, well that's just my observation from living there anyway.

Why I think Melbourne is better?
*Better arts
*better fashion
*Better nightlife
*probably not quite as much traffic
*less westies (although they are slowly taking over Melbourne)
*better public transport

I live in Brisbane, and like joannie_mhm, I was going to defend my city, but I really can't be bothered as I don't think anyone would believe me that Brisbane actually has some good points :p

however, I've visited both Sydney and Melbourne, and I must say, the idea of sydney going along quietly being sexier made me LMAO

I like sydney, there's lots of bits that I think are beautiful, cool, fun whatever....but Melbourne has a soul to it that Sydney just can't match.

If Melbourne and Sydney were people, Sydney would be extremely conventionally attractive who sure, has their good points, but is too concerned with self-promotion to bother facing their innumerable insecurities head on. In short, they use diversion tactics to detract from their lack of substance.

Melbourne however, would be one of those effortlessly cool types, with impeccable taste, who sure, might be annoying because of how cool they are (tall poppy syndrome is great, no? ;)) but at the same time, would actually be an interesting, genuine and funny person, therefore kind of justifying their coolness...

hmmm i think i just got a bit caught up in that analogy....my sincerest apologies ;)

I'm an Adelaide native and have lived in both Melbourne and Sydney (I live in Melbourne now). Melbourne is a better place to live by far. Seriously, it shits all over Sydney. I don't even like Melbourne, but the living standards are so much better than they are in Sydney.

And I mean, I lived in Neutral Bay in Sydney, so it's not like I was roughing it. I just found Sydney to be hard work. Everything about it was hard work. Melbourne is much easier to get along with.

Adelaide is obviously the best, but there is no competition between Melbourne and Sydney.

anna! said:
Adelaide is obviously the best, but there is no competition between Melbourne and Sydney.

Yeah, i hear that 'City of Churches' is a real party town ;)

I didn't say it was a party town, I said it was the best :p And it is, if you like Italian food, pubs, the "country town" feeling and football.

^you should move to Geelong, that sums up down here to a tee - the italian food is only decent - but everything else you said - is my home town :)

Melbourne. Mainly because they get all worked up when ever this argument gets raised. After all, who in Sydney has the time to bother really fighting this shit out? We have real things to do. ;) =D

Melbourne shopping centres suck. I mean five escalators up to the homewares store at the top floor and only one down? How the hell do you get out?!

Then again Sydney sucks too. I'll give this point to Melbourne a) because I can't be bothered arguing and b) I'm probably due for another visit pending time and money.

josh_nexus said:
Melbourne. Mainly because they get all worked up when ever this argument gets raised. After all, who in Sydney has the time to bother really fighting this shit out? We have real things to do. ;) =D
haha that's what I was just thinking. =D

Notice how the nouveau riche flaunt their money the most where the people who have been wealthy for generations don't feel the need to show off? It's kind of like Melbourne vs Sydney. We know we're better so have nothing to prove. ;)