• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, it all depends on how you prefer to work on it.

1) if you have the time to move your plant(s) multiple times a day you can simply take the 'mother' out of the closet when your clone needs 12 hours of dark to sex.

2) use a shoebox and put the clone for sexing under your bed for 12 hours.

3) build a clone box that supports it's own lights

4) ect.

thanks for continually posting pics n updating periodically

i think it is kinda neat to be able to watch this plant grow n sorta track its progress

it looks like i very healthy plant IMO, will you be sure to post pics of the final product when you're done. i mean for all the people who have been keepin up with this thread it'd be nice to see the fruits of your labor when your done.

but of course you dont hafta do ne thing u dont want, im requesting not telling

good luck, happy growin, happy 420

ah I heard topping was stressful, I still dont know the sex of this plant, when I find out the sex , would I still be able or no?

you can top it up until about 2 weeks before flowering.....I wouldn't cut off any growing tips any later than that....it will show preflowers and you can continue in the veg cycle for quite sometime afterwards....the preflowers just won't develope any further...there is a possibility that it is an autobloom variety.....one that has been bred for a long time and flowered on a regular cycle.....some plants like that will just start blooming according to their 'training' and there's nothing you can do to stop it....if after the preflowers appear, the flowers continue to develope, even on the long light cycles,....you might as well just switch it to 12/12 and let it finish....if you don't, you will have stretched flowers...

Yes Yes!!Happy 420, lol,
Im glad people appreciate the pics, I thought for a while just continually posting might get some people irritated cause the thread kept coming up .
Ill definantly keep posting, and putting up pics on the days I get to take them, Im glad its looking healthy :)
I dont think this will be an autoflowering plant , but Icould be wrong Idk,
Beggining to think its the first sexless plant (haha jk, but its taken forever to I wanna see if its female or male , so scary to think that it could come out male)
But, this is my first grow so I should see how long plants take until they show signs of preflower.

As for topping, is that with a razorblade? I think I've read about it, and it seemed pretty difficult, I really dont know whats what on this plant really.

Anyways, thank you all for the info, glad to know people like watching :D

well, it all depends on how you prefer to work on it.

1) if you have the time to move your plant(s) multiple times a day you can simply take the 'mother' out of the closet when your clone needs 12 hours of dark to sex.

2) use a shoebox and put the clone for sexing under your bed for 12 hours.

3) build a clone box that supports it's own lights

4) ect.

I think the shoebox Idea would work best for me, as I cant take the plant out every day...

Ill look into clone boxes also, and etc...lol
thnx

I don't bother with a razor blade when topping,...I just pinch it off with my fingernails...

You can use scissors to cut it to, obviously.

I couldnt find a better pic on my pc, but I put a black line across where you would cut it off the plant. Then the 2 nodes just below that which have new growth coming through grow into a "Y" shape.
NSFW:
aicee.jpg

Sorry all for not posting NSFW , I didnt know that was available, or how to do it, but I just noticed the button, Ill go back and edit them tomorrow after noon when I have time, if I can.

And thank you for that pic

hahah wow...

oh how quickly they grow up.

clones?!? ooh. do you have any willow trees near by? if so, but some green branches, fill a large mason jar with them and distilled water - shake it up a bit, and set over night. the next day you will have sterilizing, I.B.A rooting hormone water.

you clones will thank you.

cloning is an art, i needed to give effort else where so... i got a botanicare 'daisy cloner' for 75 dollars. i keep a bubble stone in there, and the water stays at 77F. a net pot full of roots in 10 days.... they are easy to make, but its nice to have a non DIY piece of gear, especially one as delicate as that. they will also introduce you to aero, and hydroponics.

I think the shoebox Idea would work best for me, as I cant take the plant out every day...

Ill look into clone boxes also, and etc...lol
thnx
No problem :)

Sorry all for not posting NSFW , I didnt know that was available, or how to do it, but I just noticed the button, Ill go back and edit them tomorrow after noon when I have time, if I can.

And thank you for that pic
your pictures are like 56k and this is a grow thread in the cannabis forum, so seriously don't worry too much about the NSFW tags...

clones?!? ooh. do you have any willow trees near by? if so, but some green branches, fill a large mason jar with them and distilled water - shake it up a bit, and set over night. the next day you will have sterilizing, I.B.A rooting hormone water.
*runs off to find a willow tree*

^^ yea i have never heard that about a willow tree but very good to know.

this new information kinda makes the neighboors massive n invasive willow slightly less intrusive :)

haha, I went for a walk looking for willow trees, found some weeping willows :p
Anywho, plants looking good, the 2 pointy parts on the stem (which are usually right next to where the pistils show up) have crossed over eachother, and in most pics Ive looked up, that seems to be when they show sex ohhhh Im getting excited...haha...

Anyone know what it is in willows that makes rooting hormone ? or , is there something to explain the willow and rooting ?

Dont have pics right now, but my plant is VERY VERY droopy, The shade leaves are drooping down, and have purple on top of the stem(stress) and cant hold itself it, I cut a few off, with scissorcs I rinsed and cleaned with alcohol (Iso)
The bottom of the plant(where it would be getting little light due to shade leaves, )are turning yellow and are also,drooping. the plant is still grreen, with the exception to those yellow dying on the bottom, I cut a few off, Ill try to get pics but, idk what happened over night but my plant is NOT happy.

Hows your plant today?

The droopin may be due to under/over watering, or heat.

gggg19.jpg

ggg19.jpg

It's looking better , it perked back up, , i wanted to take more pics but, I had to leave , anyways, theres alot more new branching maybe 6-8 different areas right now, so Im happy witht hat, as for the leaves that are yellowing and dying, I believe that it might be because they are leaves on the bottom, and they dont get light, thats all I can think of. Still cant get my damn ph steady, makes me so irritated , lemon water cant be good for the plant? ((cant wait to taste though))
Anyways...30-10-10 for vegging, what should I go get for flowering, which Im sure comes soon :p, within a month or two

anyone have a guess on how much longer until this baby show its sex?
Im so nervous Its going to be male, I see two round things where the pointy things are (oh so descriptive right?)
not sure if its new leaves or a preflower finally.

and a pic from my phone, Ill also up one right niow of the leaf that are on the bottom dying

ggggg19.jpg

(yesterdays pic btw)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.