• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
To tell the truth, you'll find better grow and clone info over at icmag.com

If you decide to spend a bit of cash, you can go to the local garden shop (they are cool?) and buy a 10X20 tray and some rockwool cubes. You'll want some cloning solution that you put in the water, and you'll need some rooting gel. You don't need to cut them under the water, just get them in the water quickly. You also want to cut off the tips of the longer leaves. They'll have plenty of nutes, so just water is fine. You can use saran wrap as a hood, or a transparent tupperware. The clones don't need huge numbers of lumens, just enough to trigger growth. Too much light will wilt them. Open the top once or twice a day to get fresh air in there. They can take up to three weeks to root.

I've been watching for a few weeks now. Nice job.

check this thread about cloning: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=46778

Last edited:
plants drooping is often down to over watering, the simplest way to judge when to water is the heft method, just lift the pot and if its light it needs water, and plants should be watered until you get some run off and then not watered again until pot is light(pick up a freshly watered pot and feel the weight and then pick it up again a couple of days later and you'll notice a differrence and before long you'll have this method dialled in, the roots like to go through a wet/dry cycle as oxtgen is as important as water for them, I like the plant/pot size ratio to be such that they go through a wet\dry cycle every 24 hours, this leads to very quick growth as the amount of nutrients a plant can process is dictated by how much o2 the roots can access.

Your plant looks nice and green and healthy, nice work.:)

try to lower your temps a bit 78 is not too bad but cannabis plant want to regulate its internal temp to 76ºF.

cloning is best kept as simple as possible, peat pellets are great and cheap and clones root quickly in these, low light levels is a must so the clone can't photosynthesis too much and instead concentrates on pushing out roots.

Last edited:
ggg21.jpg

pics today , plant is doing well, I only water it ever 2-3 days anyways, If It seems dry in between that time Ill pour a small amount of water to make it a little moist in between watering.

As for cloning, Im not sure it would work out well, as, If I make aclone, and it lives, and this other turns out to be a female, and It will need its flowering lights (2700k CFLS) and not the CFLS for vegging, so , Id basically just be flowring a little clone. I can't really keep it out doors, and I've only got this as my grow space, so, unless I , or anyone else can think of ideas, idk.
Makes me sad. Im sure this bud won't turn out to be sooo amazing anyways(could be wrong who knows, but doubt it), so, Ill probably get seeds in which I know what strain I have, and keep track :p

gggg21.jpg

And thank you all, read a few posts, I think I may as well clone, you all talked me into it, it sounds fun, hah, just gotta think of a way.
I just wonder how much yeild will be lost due to cutting four branches...or w/e. they are.
I know I've got more than enough to go around though , and my temps have been getting pretty hot, 84-85, Its not good! idk what to do, I've been trying everything, I put a bigger fan, but it was blowing on the plant, so I cant have that...
(how much wind on the plant is to much? any at all?)
I keep having to raise my little fan on books to keep up with I move the lights upward, this plant is starting to take off . I just hope the temps wont effect anything, thats why I brought up earlier in this thread changing my light times,as it would be better for the light to come on at night, not during the afternoon.but was told not to switch em, so, idk.
(thanks for the compliments, and interest, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Carl is right, go throw your log on any busy Cannabis Growing forum and you'll learn alot more very quickly, then here IMO.

A fan directly blowing on the plants is good, especially in your environment man. You want as much air movement as possible in that space with the temps there running. How often do you water her(has it shown) how many litres etc..

And unless you can make another completely light proof box, then you can start cloning. If your gonna clone you wanna be doing the shit completely right, hormone gels/powders in either some rockwool, or small peat pots within a humidity dome, under 24 hour lighting. Although it's been done 18/6 with HPS aswell. Keep the clones wet at all stones, mist them at least 2 a day and well, so the foliage is soaked. Usually within a week or 2 I get root's.

You wont have any problems right now vegging, if you want to change those light hours. Ive had plants go 48 hours+ in flower, no joke and they were fine. 1 Fuck up aint going to mess with the plant a whole lot, if those fuck-ups' are consistent though they will definatly stress, and possible hermie.

Haha I see it was answered twice before me. :)

So you should get the idea, you can even search youtube for cloning video's ;)

Are your positive it hasn't pushed any pre-flowers out yet?

you can clone under any light as long as it isn't strong light, I've had propagators full of clones in a tent with a 600w HPS i just placed a couple of sheets of A4 paper on top of the prop so they weren't getting direct light.

taking a few clones won't affect yield really, take clones from lower branches which don't get as much light so tend to produce popcorn buds anyway.

keep it simple.

take 3-5, just in hopes one, makes it.

stick&grow; plastic cups, small coniainer, perlite 20% peat, take ctuts, shave clonew/willow water, roottech, , styrophome cooler, red cellophane wrap loose on top of cooler with cup&cuts, spray down one, the twice more after several days rely on humidity to feed, dont spray much at all. watch for mew growth. keep covered.

thats probably what icmag suggests, and so does the editor of high times.

you could so make an aerocloner. i say this, but need to show you! go to that MP site, and look in the DIY forum for cloners, man, they are ingenious and shown every step of the way, even until root growth...

a small 50gph submersible pump(thrift store) a spinning 360D 1/2iud drip line head @ lowed homedepot for change.

a small bucket with lid, that is light tight(prevent) algae. a 1/2iud white vinyl 3' tube.

cut small holes in lid, cut 1/2'' tube to 1.2'' lengths, place in lid so cuttings stem poke through and leafs/branch holds cut in place, a gallon sized container is all, with distilled water, the thing will spin get 2 just in case, and spray the bottoms of the stems.

or, a shallow square container, some 6" bubble stones from walmart, some air;line tube, an air pump strong one, cut holes add tubes as mentioned fill enough so that the air stones spit bubbles up onto the stems. a um, 8" deep container, that 2'x1.5', can hold a gallon of water, and still spray clones.

all that is at walmart, for 20-30$... it sounds intimidating and maybe i blew the directions, but that thing could grow the entire plant if you had another lid... man, i have so many odds and ends around here...

ill come back and re read to see if i made any sense.. to myself at least :p

Alright, so taking cuts from the bottom are best , from what I hear, I wanna take 4-5, (I dont want to take the ones that are actually looking good and growing towards the light should I? I was thinking just picking some of the smaller ones on bottom that haven't been getting much light, and as for the cut, Do I bring a bowl of water how do I cut underwater?

Your post, made partial sense to me, I udnerstood what I needed to go buy, but not what for , or what it would make, haha.
I know we have buckets 5 gal in the garage, along with stryophome cooler.
I need to get some red cups I guess, all Ive got now are blue see through cups (Damnit!!!!) lol .

Anyways, What would be a better medium, Im thinking peat moss and 20% perlite, just because thats what I've already got, and it was suggested. lol

we do have houses being built around town, down the block, maybe I could go 'borrow' some wood and build a light proof box? or a box for clones? but I would imagine the heat would eventually kill the plant...unless...I had a vent going to the outside closet with two holes in the box, one blowing air in and one venting it out...hmmm...

-EDIT!!!-
Huge question, really threw me off.
I thought yuou dont want your fan blowing directly on the plant? I thought you wanted it pointed upward, towards the light, pushing the heat upwards, I thought putting a fan directly on the plant causes stress?

Well, I read about cloning on the other site , it had pics, so I kinda understand the process now, except , I haven't seen anyone do it underwater lol.
Im gonna go look at home depot today for rooting gel, some good cloning materials, and , maybe go drop by those new housings being put up, borrow some sheets of wood, and then I can have babies..(female I hope) haha

)and to the question if its shown preflower, I've checked every node, it seems to be doing the same thing over and over, I think I see a little round spot, which would be a preflower, and it turns out to be just another leaf, lol...so idk, Im beggining to think its not going to show its sex until I 12/12 it. ...Are there plants that are like that? Or do they ALL show preflower before flowering.?

Ive seen plant's go 10 weeks+ without showing preflowers, but really kicked into gear once the hour's were reduced. There's a chance she wont she untill 12/12 aswell though.

You could 12/12 her, and within 1-2 weeks she'll either show you some nut's or hairs, then just throw her back to 18/6-24/0 if she is a female. Good chances that wont fuck her up. I'd do it if I really wanted to know the sex of my plant, and to grow for that many weeks and find you got a male, your only plant it's shit mate :eek:

No underwater cutting is necessary, and ive never used those red cups you speak of, but if used clear ones and foam cups before with success.

Take the cut's lowest on the plant, the ones that dont get much light, yes.

Go for both a decent rooting powder and gel and use both together.You only need to buy these 2 things, along with either peat pot's or rockwool cubes to stick the cut's into.

A very simple and effective way to get clones started. If you take up to 5 cuts, find a large glass dish, or container of some sort, tall enough and long enough to fit the cut's into.Hand water all cubes/pots with a small amount of water, preferably pH adjusted. Mist foilage heavily, then put cling wrap over the top of bowl/container then under your light.

I used that method the first second and third time I ever cloned, with a 95% success rate.

If you manage that wood from down the road and build yourself a grow box you will have to vent it, also depends on how big it can be made.

Having a fan blowing directly on the plant is not a problem, and really is a must for any indoor grow so im not sure where you heard that. Any chance of getting 2 fans in there?, have one blowing from a side on angle and one at blowing across the tops. Again ive used, and always use fans blowing directly on indoor plants with no problems, plant's always seem happier when there is a constant breeze. Your aiming to replica mother natures environment for yours, indoor.

Thank for that ^^
As for the box, I could prob make it 2foot wide, 3-4 foot high? lol.
Idk.
Im gonna go roll a blunt and check out a few stores,

Yeah will definatly be big enough to get the clones going, but will it be used as a flower box?

man, i grow in 3 gal pots with rockwool, but have never out of like 70 tries with rokwool, gotten a popper! every ones closet is different though... i was mentioning two red clear plastic cups to leave them set in with some IBA water. it works, it takes a while but, it works. my wife clones all sorts of shit, and i like to do the same before putting mine tin the net pots for aerocloning.

i would stick them in 50/50 perlite/peat w/ hormones, before the rockwool adventure...

theres always jiffypots at walmart as well, with a dome

alright, so, peat perlite first...
I thought 50% /50% was a bad mix with peat and per, or is it more of a clone thing

I cant speak on the peat/perlite as ive never used the mix to grow.

You can use small peat pellets or rockwool cubes and leave them as they are untill root's show, and then replant.

I was at home-depot today and saw a tray, peat pellets, peat pots, dome, and a few more nick nacks for ten dollars and change.... I'm thinking of going back tomorrow for one myself.
You'd just need a cheap cfl and some rooting hormone and cloning gel, maybe a heating mat if they aren't going for ya.

yeah, a heating pad is important, one of the most important parts!

i just used one we have at home, with a layer of thick plastic between the tray and mat.

i swear, the willow bark is what they make the gel/powder from, clonex has an extra fungal agent, but ive never had a problem with mold.

it should be 80F 83% humidity the first 3 days in a dome, a nice sprayer and a turkey baster are priceless items.

most people including my self mess up by giving to little or too much lite, sprayed too much, or let the medium get too dry.

im going to take a few cuts, ill show where and which nodes etc.
have fun shopping! this is one of the worst patrts, especially when there is an amazing hydro/grow store with online prices near...! they had a damn banana tree growing in DWC in the store, probably 28' tall in a 75 gallon rez! umbrella reflectors heheh

Edit:

this first one is where 2 cuts were taken, the part of the branch coming from the stalk is the first node, each node is separated bu a bend or bud site. i wanted the second node, as it contains more growth hormone then the rest; more root growth.

new stems will branch off from the cut, the direction depends on the angle you cut at. on the right side, you can see where the cut was taken because there is a dead leaf hanging right at the cut site.

NSFW:

next is the intended AK47 clone prepared.

last are 6 c99's, in 60coco/35perlite/5wormcasts. earth juice catalyst & trace elements, 1 .7 1.2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.