• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have a guess on how much longer until this baby show its sex?
Every strain is different when it comes to timing of maturity, ect.. so it's difficult to say exactly when. What you can do though, is go ahead and make a cutting (or cuttings) either from the lowest branch(s) or cut the top off (depends on how you want your plant to grow).
With one cutting, you can take it to 12/12 for one to two weeks. This is a fast way to find the sex without taking the mother into flower.
If you don't want to deal with multiple plants, you always have the option of putting this plant directly into 12/12, and it will properly display sex within a week or two. I think it's mature enough to start flowering now anyway if you really wanted to. Just another option you can consider...
Also, your plant still looks good. As for that leaf, it looks like it's got the normal wear and tear of a life of a lower fan leaf. Eventually those leaves will fall off by themselves, so that's normal.
If it's a boy, don't feel too bad. I recently had a genuine mother, not hermaphrodite but completely change sex on me. It happens to all growers eventually...just got to be patient and try again if and when it happens. Also, after you have a plant in 12/12 for 6 days, try to get a clear picture of what's between the nodes at that point...most growers here can identify the sex for you after one week of flower with a good pic ;)

If I were to flower at this point, does anyone know how much she may produce at this size if infact female?
Wet weight or dry weight, doesnt matter, just curious on how much a plant this size would yeild on avrg., I was thinking about letting it go until it shows it sex, or atleast another 2-3 weeks, then start flowering...unless that 2-3 weeks wouldn't really ake much of a difference...?

Letting her go another 2-3 weeks make her a bit bigger, and the same with your yeild. She will probably stretch to at least 2x her size from the time you switch the light's.

I havnt grown any plants that small indoor, but i'll go with 1.5-2.5 oz.

thats a crazy looking plant man.

its impossible to say, and youll make yourself nuts wondering/searching, there are so many factors its ridicules.

but just as a first grow and all things considered including the nutrients and medium, id bet youll end up with around 20-35G's if you let her go 6-7-8 weeks, or until all the signs of full ripeness are there. i have read grow reports with first timers who really wind up with some jar fulls... be prepared to be a bit disappointed, at least until you roll that first one up ;)

The science behind willow water root growth is attributed mainly to indolebutyric acid (IBA). This substance is a plant hormone that stimulates root growth. Synthetic forms of this hormone are used in many commercial rooting powders and preparations. IBA is present in high concentrations in the growing tips of willow branches. Selecting the actively growing portions of a willow branch, cutting them, and soaking them in water will result in significant quantities of IBA leaching out into the water.
source and a lot more explanation

dude, if you go 12/12, which it looks like you certainly could, unless i missed you doing so, after its shown its sex and you know its a fem; clone that bitch!

that is a fabulous plant, looks like a hybrid, maybe a White strain and some or some (Hawaiian x ?) from Nirvana seeds. Chronic aka Nebula has a prominent xmas tree stature.

anyway, yeah, you could have quite a few cuts of there, and that would add greatly in concentrating the bud formation, and allow for more air to circulate around up and through her branches. but, if you cut clones, give her at least 3 days to heal, before flowering(any damage sets them back 3 days normally) cut the most tender branches, starting at the second node, away from the stalk, there is the moth growth hormone stored in the second node.

the more tender branches will root easier, and cause less trauma to the plant harvesting; the remaining stem can be cut, or left to grow a few pop corn nugs on heheh. those little popcorns are good for sampling if you feel you must, cutting of more bud will set her back possible 2 weeks.

building, or buying an inexpensive aeroponic clone machine would pay for its self quick. and thats a fine pheno you have there, some thing is telling me whitewidow, but, that may be possible to tell from a number of signs later(nute sensitivity, calyx characteristics, bud formation characteristics, development time, odor or lack of, etc.) but, man it looks great!

ggg20.jpg

gggg20.jpg

have a few more , but lower quality from my phone, a spot I was worried about, it keeps drooping down alot, and I know its not from over water, I doubt it was to little water,Ph measured 6 tonight. Finally got it down, but with lemon juice,still wasnt helpin there for a bit, hope it doesnt cause any rot in the roots. Hopefully it'll give a little bit of a taste? lol...Nah, I should be able to water with normal water the last 2 weeks I hope... atleast thats what I was hearing I should do.

grab the stalk at strategic spots like you would a pen, squeeze and roll the stem a bit... it should POP, and leak some "precious bodily fluids" which smell of sweet green goodness, i forget what this technique is called, but i do it a few times during veg to literally make the plant "work out" and start the process of growth by producing carbohydrates, and chlorophyll, that would be the lawn clippings smell in there.

i also do this while flowering in areas that look like they will need reinforcement, the next day you will see the scarification, and response, the plants stalk will start to get a 'bark' color pattern going, then texture at the soil line first.

i missed, are you planning on cloning? you should at least; cut, angle cut underwater, then trim and set in small vase, or a clear red plastic cup with some neutral water, or IBA infused water in a window sill, effortless, maybe recap once ;) if it works youll be ecstatic, if it doesnt, your plant will get better ventilation & light exposure, every element is as important as the next.

it just looks so solid, it would be a shame to waste those genes! ;)

you very well may taste the lemon, slightly.

ggggggg20.jpg

ggggg20.jpg

Two small parts on the very bottom of the plant, dropped again today, I watered, nuted, adjusted ph, and cut off a shade leaf that wasnt doing well at all,
How much long can I cut off clones for? and should I 12/12 it or should I actually grow it, I dont wanna take two cuts, one for growing, and one to show sex, and I only have one grow space, as we know, well, the shoe box only works for so long.anyways, I snipped a leaf or two that looked bad, turned the plant a little, most of it looks good, like the pics, before this post but this was the bad part.

(and no, the light wasnt too close , I had just moved it there for lighting. it was about 2 inches away pointed upward)

How much are you watering?

Also you got any fans running in there? Temps?

yeah go closer to the top of the page, youll see a fan in the backround, temps have been 78-82 degrees lately. It hit 85 earlier for asmall ammount of time, but I had moved the fan in a wrong direction, went back to 82 after it was fixed.
Humidity is 32%.

That method Panic is speakin of is called super cropping BTW. Just like tying your plant down, instead you dont needa worry about tying string or anything.

oh no i didnt mean that, not bending the plant, ive tried that and was successful after tediously trimming off buds, and leaving the stalk and leafs of the cola. then giving the side branches and slip buds a bid boost for a couple of weeks.

this though, you just pinch around soft spots toughening it up, making it more callus. they dont get the chance to be wrestled around etc. indoor like out.

pinch gently and begin to squeeze and roll the stalk or a branch anywhere, it will burst in the places it needs to w/ out much effort. only do it like 3-5x's a day. the stems will thicken up fast, from succulent feeling to wood, in a couple of days.

well, those leaves drooping, are there chances they come back up, or are they down for good, the ones with purple or, darkened stems.

And I think I may clone, but no one asnwered, can I clone a plant, and veg it, , then 12/12 it, with the same lights that im using toveg my main plant or does it need the soft white 2700lumen.?I think thats how much it is anyway

Can I clone when the plant is in flowering, or just when its in vegging?
Or early flowering? idk. just trying to get an idea of what to do

they turned purple and dark because they released a lot of nitrogen, dont cut them, let 'em hang, they are big solar panels, and are full of sugars the plant needs. leave the leafs unless they are more then half way dead/yellowed.

ideally the lowest branches just before flower, or 2 weeks into flower. you can re veg a clone, it will just take longer, depending on how far along it got. if it gets past 2 weeks into flowering i wouldnt cut it, its a lot of trauma, and best before flower, taking 2, 1 to sex is a great idea, taking more is better if only because your chances are greater of getting one to root, and stay rooted.

2700lumen is good, but like 16" away. god i fried out 6 well rooted and just planted clones overnight, from my purple ice mother that died recently...

Well, I think I may take a clone tomorrow, Ill take from a smaller branch, so, did anyne get detailed instructions
Also Ive ended up cutting off 4 shade leaves so far(within a 3-4 week time frame), is this okay, they were really causing problems with new branching, or were dying, will this effect the plant much? or is it fine?

check out that link i sent, there is an entire forum dedicated to propagation.

i may make some cuts today, if i do, ill try and create a step-by-step.

i only suggest taking several cuts because, out of the last 8 i planted with roots 3 are growing... mostly my fault and apathy, but placing 3-5 in a window with a couple camo plants may work... thats what some folks do for years, a clear red plastic cup or two inside one another works well at creating nice lighting for the roots.

^You can get everything you need, including a tray and dome, medium, and clonex for thirty to fourty bucks if you shop smart. Why not shell out a tiny bit for some better chances?

hes got all he can atm i think, thats why i recommended the cup-o-water in the window w/ willow water. they may or may nor root, with 3 one may w/ some spritzes here and there+some topping off, with like an oz of water... im kinda trying to talk him into it too lol. so...

other wise, a very nice DIY aerocloner would be $30 or so. half the stuff would probably be laying around.

but, this is going to be an interesting flowering.

Well, I do have 20$ that I am able to spend, maybe 30-40$ , if I really need it,
I am going to go buy some rooting hormone tomorrow, Im wondering what type of medium I should use to plant the clone in, Do I have to put it in water until it roots, then plant it? or can I just cut the clone off (under water at an angle), and gel / powder it with the hormone, and plant in a type of soil (peat moss? or what should I use)
And, how do I cut underwater, I mean, do I just bring a large bowl of water, put the bottom where im cutting in the water and cut or what? cutting under water sounds weird, lol.

-also, glad to see people are watching and waiting to see how this thing turns out, I figured this would just be a problem thread, haha, but so far it seems very very useful and problem solving! lolol,

Thanks to all of you, I really do appreciate all the help and info you all have given me,
Again, thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.