• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
too much nitrogen will look like the tips of the leaves are burnt up...

ggg12.jpg

heres the plant today, I flushed with water , a bit more than I normally use.
because I thought I used to many nutes, wasn't sure though...
Plant is starting to branch out quite a bit, seems, mainly on one side though...
Im pretty sure I know why though...
Still no sex, would it be alright to clip off a stem on the bottom, put it in root hormone, plant it, and 12/12 it , or is this plant still to young ( i dont think it it, I think it has enough length , my first time so not sure tho...

Thanks all.

sure you can take a cutting...just take one that has at least one node and has a growing tip...

Just curious, I've been noticing my plant has Alot of shade leaves (duh, Im sure alot of them do, haha)
and I was just wondering if I could tuck the bigger shade leaves in, so that the new leaves branching out will get more light, I was thinking just kind of tucking the leaves or blades under the smaller newer leaves and branches,so they can get light and grow quicker, (I've been noticing that some foliage on the very bottoms starting to yellow , and die off, it's just two leaves, they were my 3 blade leaves, only 2 died off, but, it was due to lack of light, Im pretty sure.)

or, I've seen some people that cut half of the leaf/blade itself off, but I would assume that would be stressful to the plant?
I still dont have a sex yet, so I dont want to stress it out.

Just curious, I've been noticing my plant has Alot of shade leaves (duh, Im sure alot of them do, haha)
and I was just wondering if I could tuck the bigger shade leaves in, so that the new leaves branching out will get more light, I was thinking just kind of tucking the leaves or blades under the smaller newer leaves and branches,so they can get light and grow quicker, (I've been noticing that some foliage on the very bottoms starting to yellow , and die off, it's just two leaves, they were my 3 blade leaves, only 2 died off, but, it was due to lack of light, Im pretty sure.)

or, I've seen some people that cut half of the leaf/blade itself off, but I would assume that would be stressful to the plant?
I still dont have a sex yet, so I dont want to stress it out.

I've never grown pot but pruning is always encouraged when growing things such as berries. It actually can increase growth in other areas of the plant that aren't trimmed because water and nutrient all go to the remaining branches. Hope this helps.

Question, which would the plant get more energy from, being on the pot , out on sunny days? or being in the pot , in the closet, with 200watt cfls.
I brought the plant outside today, and, wow, I noticed that the leaves are pretty much ...black..I mean they are VERY VERY dark. nothing like in those pictures,(this was just from me walking from my 200 watt cfl closet to outside and looking at the leaves, hah, there fine) in the pics, I have 8 lights shining on there making it green, when I look at it outside, they look black/purple on the top...I don't think it's stress though?
Anyways, Plants looking alright, a bit droopy in some places, still curious about cutting some of the shade leaves if anyone has experience doing this with marijuana.
Thank you weekend action for that, I just wonder if it would work the same with bud, if I cut the right places, do I get more buds, as thats where more of the plants energy would goto correct?

Last edited:
Also, my leaves are very droopy, anyone know what causes them to droop? or is it just about time for them to start doing that (it's about 1 foot high.)
(also, temps have been down to 75-80 as of the past week, not the normal 82...
And, Im still running my plants at 18/6, should I move to 16/8? or 14/10

Last edited:
I know I keep posting in here, guess people stopped reading it? Should I start different threads for different questions? I figured that's the last thing blue light wants. anyways.

I was needing to change the light times for my plant, I current turn the lights off at 6 am, and turn them on at 12 or 2, depending on the day,

I was wanting to get my plants to have lighting at 11:eek:opm to 2:00-5:00pm the next day, then lights off from 2:00-5:00pm-11:00pm, and continue on vegging in this time mode, until Im ready to flower 11:00, 11:00,, I would really really like some advice for this, thank you in advance I do appreciate it very much

Question, which would the plant get more energy from, being on the pot , out on sunny days? or being in the pot , in the closet, with 200watt cfls.
Of course giving it sunlight is going to help, but is it really worth it to you to keep moving it everyday? You are also taking the risks of bringing in pests from outside by moving it outside everyday....in fact you can pretty much count on a pest problem it that's what you are doing...

and as far as your vegetation goes, 200w cfl for your one plant should be fine.

Also, my leaves are very droopy, anyone know what causes them to droop? or is it just about time for them to start doing that (it's about 1 foot high.)
(also, temps have been down to 75-80 as of the past week, not the normal 82...
And, Im still running my plants at 18/6, should I move to 16/8? or 14/10
stay at 18/6 for your whole vegetation period.

droopy leaves could be from any number of reasons (water, ph, nutrients, light, heat or even the strain itself). the pictures you have displayed do NOT show any major signs of health problems though. i wouldn't worry too much about it.

I was wanting to get my plants to have lighting at 11:eek:opm to 2:00-5:00pm the next day, then lights off from 2:00-5:00pm-11:00pm, and continue on vegging in this time mode, until Im ready to flower 11:00, 11:00,, I would really really like some advice for this, thank you in advance I do appreciate it very much

STAY at 18/6 for your vegetation, and try not to move the times of day around so much...

and as for the times of day, i prefer to have the dark period run while it's actually dark outside...it just makes it easier to deal with. and if you haven't already, pick up a timer...they are pretty cheap and save you from having to switch the light TWICE a day.

ONLY move down to 12/12 when you are ready to flower/sex.

I know I keep posting in here, guess people stopped reading it? Should I start different threads for different questions? I figured that's the last thing blue light wants. anyways.

I was needing to change the light times for my plant, I current turn the lights off at 6 am, and turn them on at 12 or 2, depending on the day,

Hmm Im abit confused with your lighting times.

Plants need 12/12 for flower, hence 24 hour time :)

Keep your veg times to 18/6 or 16/8.

Your plant is coming along nice man =D

I don't recommend taking the plant outdoors....you are going to end up bringing insects into your house when you bring it back in.......back and forth with those vastly different light levels is also bound to cause some shock.....naturally, the outdoor light is much better....but, pick one or the other.....you really will have to fight the insects for it......cannabis plants are very juicy and aromatic.....it won't take long for something to move in...

also.....as for changing the light times to different periods in the day, just do it......all at once....everything will be fine...

I wanted to change the time that I have my lights on, I want them to run during the day, instead of at night, at night its very obvious that I have 200 watts of light in my closet, during the day its not noticiable, I can open and vent the closet, and turn the ac low, I wanted to change my lights from being on at night to on at day, and I was wondering if I could safely turn the lights out for a few hours on the plant, and turn them back on and start my 18/6 again

ggg15.jpg

does that look right? the top leaves are actually, going upward?
the leaves on the very very bottom covered by everything are trying bright green,yellow, should cut them off?
Also, anyone about the time?

Thanks for the comments, and advice, its all appreciated, thank you.

She's coming along nice.

The new growth looks like it's thriving, that's why those leafs look like there reaching for the sky.

You can snip those lower leafs off if they are yellow, I usually dont chop any leaves that are turning yellow, but still have a bit of green left in them. The plant will use that up.

You wont have any problems with turning your lights off a couple hours either.

You guys have beautiful plants. I would like to remind everyone to use NSFW tags. Click this button when typing post to do so:

nsfw.gif

ggg15.jpg

the leaves on the very very bottom covered by everything are trying bright green,yellow, should cut them off?

Yes, it's coming along great. I like to cut lower branches at the end of the vegetation stage, and continue into the first week or so of flowering. Right now it probably doesn't need any cuttings. Looking good :)

ggg15.jpg

I noticed the teen study bible in the back. Are you a christian as well?

Hmm, I was hoping to get another pic, but , yeah, it really stretched upwards about an inch or so, I only cut off the leaves that were yellow , and had some were a bit crispy, nothing other than that,

About the book, well, I went to a Christian school for 4 years, I've studied alot of religions, read the Quaran , and what not, but yeah, for the most part I am, I just believe theres a higher power more than anything else really.
Curious why you asked? lol you

Status
Not open for further replies.