• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to add I see on lower sets of leaves, those leaves twisting abit.

I had this happen to one of my indoor grows, seemed only the sensitive plant's did this. I never knew why as all conditions were close to perfect and the ones that wernt twisting up where thriving :\

Yeah, I dont know why they are twisting, I think its because there no room, theres really big 11 finger fan leaves under that, and under than, and on the other side to it, they have no room, which is why I kinda wanted to snip some off, but, Ill wait it out , the new branching out seems to be doing well, and its growing upwards more quickly, Im pretty sure its close to showing sex, the two 'pointed things' on the center branch itself are starting to cross eachother, of anyone knows what im talking about, lol...

Yeah, I dont know why they are twisting, I think its because there no room, theres really big 11 finger fan leaves under that, and under than, and on the other side to it, they have no room, which is why I kinda wanted to snip some off, but, Ill wait it out , the new branching out seems to be doing well, and its growing upwards more quickly, Im pretty sure its close to showing sex, the two 'pointed things' on the center branch itself are starting to cross eachother, of anyone knows what im talking about, lol...
Yeah mate I know what your saying about them pointy things, I forget there name.

Seem's like there is plenty of room, this was the case with the girls that I was runing indoor aswell. I found once I put the ones that were effected outside they straightened back up and looked normal again. It really got me stunned, it would be intresting to get a little discussion on that, from other growers who have experienced the same thing.

Have you thought about topping your plant? You'll get alot more light into those lower branches if you do so, and the growth of the branching will increase alot.

Indica's seem to respond well to this, and it works out well when your plant is a bushy and squat as yours :)

ah I heard topping was stressful, I still dont know the sex of this plant, when I find out the sex , would I still be able or no?

if it's female, i believe you are looking at the pistils

they will grow white hairs if it's female

Topping is stressfull for the plant within about a week of doing so, but you'll find they bounce right back and kick into another gear after that.

You can top your plant once you find out it's sex.

ggg16.jpg

ive got more commin

Damn, she really is a tight bushy bitch 8o

If I were you I would be topping.

How long do you plan to veg for?

or top it, and then use what you cut off it as clones and take one into 12/12 to find sex, while others veg
Yep. I know some growers that do this, but they dont really clone they just wack the cutting into a glass of water under 12/12 lighting and change the water everyday and within a week it will show it's sex.

pretty sure this plant is within a week of showing.
and I dont have a seperate space to 12/12 a clone, Id have to do it in the same space , I guess put a wall in the middle? lolol

after this plant, Im going to take 2-3 clones, and grow them all at once, my others died, this is my first grow, so , hopefully I can keep the next generation alive

You'll have to make the box on the other side of that 'wall' completely light proof if your goin to attempt it.

Also how where you cloning them the last time you took cuts??

You'll have to make the box on the other side of that 'wall' completely light proof if your goin to attempt it.

Also how where you cloning them the last time you took cuts??

I've never cloned before? Ive never taken cuts before, the only thing Ive ever cut off this plant (the only plant Ive grown) were dead or very yellow dying leaves....
As for how I grew them, i grew them from seeds I saved from really really good bags of weed which Rarely had seeds in them figured theyd have the best genes? Idk... had 6 seeds in about a year, haha , planted em all at the same time, they all took off well, but I didnt have 200 watts when I first started so they died off without enough light, I didnt have enough cash to shell out , ive been slowly getting more and more for this plant

Yep. I know some growers that do this, but they dont really clone they just wack the cutting into a glass of water under 12/12 lighting and change the water everyday and within a week it will show it's sex.
That's cool right there. I might have to try that sometime...

pretty sure this plant is within a week of showing.
and I dont have a seperate space to 12/12 a clone, Id have to do it in the same space , I guess put a wall in the middle? lolol
This is your next step. Where is your DARK room. You need a small closet space at least to flower right? Well, this is the problem you having with your next cuttings right? Find a closet, a crawl space. Build something. Anything.

its vegging in a closet, the dark room is the closet.
and I have a dark blanket over the window, so its dark all the time in the room, unless the closet lights are on, or my lights in my room, but I have all the cracks of the closet blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.