• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA vs MDMA (mega-merged)

MDA lasts around 6-8 hours, is more stoning, and has a rather significant visual component. There's not as much lovey-doveyness or empathy. It's more of a "true" psychedelic.
MDMA lasts around 4 or 5 hours, is more energetic, more feelings of love and empathy, and for most people, at reasonable doses, it does not have a significant visual component.

Some people get less empathy on MDA because they are overwhelmed by the psycedelic side. Most find it to be just as empathic as mdma. The difference is really just the trippiness/jelly-legness. Some people can report visual hallicinations on mdma, even at low doses, but its more common on higher doses.

OK... this is all very confusing... unless you have a pill testing kit, it must be difficult to tell, anyway. So basically what everyone is saying is that mdma makes you less energetic, more social, and empathetic. And mda gets you more fucked and more enrgetic? Which one gives you more of a euphoric feeling? What if there's a little bit of empathy, no energy, and almost no social abilities at all? Ah, shit, I really hate the pills I've been getting for the past half year!

Well basically i jsut wanted to know wot the diff between MDMA, which im sure is pure 'extacy' and MDA is....
i had 2 pills the other night that were supposed to be pure MDMA - they were actually VERY clean, and VERY awesome, but the wierd thing was, as i was coming down, i was talking some weird shit - i'd be having these full-on conversations in my head and then i'd be talking back, but i'd say all this weird stuff out loud lol. Also i was imaginig and kind of hullucinating things which has never happened to me before on pills....i'd heard somewhere that MDA can make you hullucinate and stuff......is that right?

Can any one clear sum of this stuff up for me - maybe tell me why me and the other 3 people who had the same pills with me, talked all that shit when we dont usually lol.

Also, that night i had MASSIVE jaw clenching and i chewed the shit out of the inside of my mouth. I grinded my teeth so badly that the force of my grinding shifted my bite, so now i cant actually eat anything because my teeth dont conect to chew the food...!! I cant open my mouth wide and it hurts to shut...Craaazy. I've seen the dentist and they said the jaw joint/muscle is inflamed and i should take anti-inflamitorys and wait till it gets better.
But the thing is, i've never been this bad before.... ANYWAYS..

Also, wot other MDxx variations can be found in pills and wot do they do?

Cheers all xxx

That's what we call "shooting salad" it happens to everyone at least once! :) It's actually kind of funny IMO :). Sounds to me like there was definitely SOME MDA and possibly speed in your pill.

MDMA does not cause hallucinations, possibly very mild ones (like seeing glasses on peoples faces) at the most. Also, major jaw clenching to the extent you had is either a sign of MDA or speed in my opinion. Plus if you couldn't shut up that can be a sign of speed/MDA. Did you have any loved-up/empathetic feelings? If not, it is possible there was no MDMA at all in the pill. MDA tends not to cause this phenomena.

Many people will tell you something is ecstasy when it is relly not. Shit, these days, anything pressed into a pill is automatically 'ecstasy'. To answer your question, "pure" ecstasy is and always should be MDMA only.

BTW, check out Erowid or do a search here for variations of MDXX, there are many different ones, all with their own idosyncracies. MDMA, MDA, MDE, MBDB...and I am sure I am forgetting one or two others.

And to answer your other question: Yes, MDA can cause hallucinations.

MDMA can cause hallucinations! Especially in higher doses, remember that your liver metabolizes part of the MDMA into MDA. The jaw clenching is caused by the methamphetamine part of the drug. I’ve known many people to have the same thing happen to them (the weird conversations, saying bizarre shit out loud) on pure MDMA. It could be it was MDA or that it was just a real high dose of MDMA. Try getting a testing kit :)

Dilated Pupils

I had Ecstacy for only the second time on the weekend, and this time my pupils were dilated heaps. I'm pretty sure the first time i took a pill, it didn't effect my pupils at all.

Therefore, i'm questioning whether or not it was actually Ecstacy i had on the weekend, of a mixture of something else...

Does MDMA cause your pupils to dilate? (it doesn't mention pupil dilation as one of the MDMA effects on erowid, but people tell me it is)

terrance said:
maybe it was dark where you were so your pupils dialated

nah man, it wasn't dark - even if it was, my pupils still wouldn't have been as dilated as they were.

Yes an E will make your pupils dilate big time.

And to the person who started the thread............Congratualtions, sounds to me like you just had your first good pill.

All of these questions have answers in the Ecstasy FAQ which I strongly suggest you read........you will find the link at the top of the Ecstasy discussion page.

you should grind up ecstacy and put it with beer and then inject it. thats what i do

Terrance, either you are Andre again or you are someone else who have no knowledge of any of this stuff, a stupid and potentially dangerous sense of humour and obviously no life if you feel the need to post shit like that here.

Ecstasy, along w/ almost all other serotongenics (sp?) causes pupil dilation. If your pupils weren't dilated the first time, then you didn't take mdma, mda, mde, mmda, methamphetamine, amphetamine, or probably any related-psychoactive substance besides caffeine.

You probably just didn't notice the first time, seeing how the effects you described can't really be attributed to caffeine. Most drugs that make you "trip" will dilate your pupils to some extent (opiates don't, they constrict them actually. But then again they dont make you 'trip')...

everyone always talks about the differences... the trippiness and everything else. I'd like to know what the similarities are. Are they REALLY that dissimilar?

yea, they are like 2 different drugs... and since they are two different drugs, this would be why...

I'm not sure of any real similarities... they seem SO damned different to me... I could pick them apart if I was on acid or anything... it's that different.