• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA vs MDMA (mega-merged)

^^^ you may feel these things but they are not due to MDA. As a substance it does not have the same neurological effect, it does not press the same buttons. I may be right on saying (correct me Sebastians Ghost or Fairynyph) that MDA does not affect the specific serorotin receptors which produce the unique and much published effects of 'Ecstacy' ie as eloquently put above.
If you do experience this then it may be there is MDMA also present in the pill or that there is a placebo effect...maybe you are an open person naturally but only let this out to play when in certan circumstances. Apologies for the cod psychology :\
I can hardly fukking type...damn MDA it keeps on and on

I think one of the most obvious tell-tale signs of MDA vs MDMA for a new user is total duration of the experience. (Not just the "high" but also the aftereffects) For many individuals there is often a dramatic difference between the length of a (pure) MDA experience and a (pure) MDMA experience-- if you find yourself going on 8 hours and still feeling "fucked" chances are that pill you popped was MDA. Experiencing CEV is another good sign that what you've taken is MDA.
MDA for me is more of an I'm FUCKED, things are moving that shouldn't be--kind of a swimmy feeling high. (Not my choice--if I want visuals I'm all for taking something a little less neurotoxic.)
MDMA is that loved up, beaming from the inside feeling. Depending on my mood can be energetic or not.
If I HAD to choose between these two drugs I'd go for MDMA every time. Neither are really my thing anymore tho.
(my $0.02)

Originally posted by tranquilo:
^^^ you may feel these things but they are not due to MDA. As a substance it does not have the same neurological effect, it does not press the same buttons. I may be right on saying (correct me Sebastians Ghost or Fairynyph) that MDA does not affect the specific serorotin receptors which produce the unique and much published effects of 'Ecstacy' ie as eloquently put above.
If you do experience this then it may be there is MDMA also present in the pill or that there is a placebo effect...maybe you are an open person naturally but only let this out to play when in certan circumstances. Apologies for the cod psychology :\
I can hardly fukking type...damn MDA it keeps on and on

MDA affects the exact same reuptakes(not receptors) as MDMA.. However it goes further and also affects reuptakes that MDMA doenst...
MDMA - 5ht-1a
MDA - 5-ht1a, 5-ht2a
2a is responsible for hallucinogenic activity.. Both chems affect alot of different neurotransmitters, but those are the main ones...
Ive taken high doses of both, and while the differences are there, they are still quite the same. MDA just works in a slightly broader sense across the brain, while MDMA's action is more specific.. Both release the same amount of 5ht-1a which is responsible for the emotional aspect..

^^^^^^ Exactly what i thought.
MDA is trippier, more swimmy and sedating, but still very touchy and lovey. Longer duration. This is the most common MDx substance found in most countries (going only on MD substances alone)
MDMA is less trippy, but still trippy on higher doses. Its more energetiuc that the above, but still lovey and touchy (second most common)
MDE is longer in duration, and even more energetic. Its also much less lovey and touchy. Rarest of the mdx's. Ive never had this one, just going on reliable reports.
If your feeling very energetic and not very lovey, you may have mde or possibly mdma or mda plus speed, but very unlikely to be mda alone. IMO.
MDA has all the same empathy as mdma, and so does sassafras the plant origin of the mdx's, but its highly carcinogenic (and safrole is even more chemically removed from mdma than mda)
Oh and you couldnt sustain a placebo mdma loved up high, the neurotransmitters wouldnt be able to keep up. Even falling in love doesnt create _that_ much juice(5-ht), without drugs a normal brain cant manage it. (in terms of magnitude of 5-ht release or duration)
[ 18 January 2003: Message edited by: Cimora ]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cimora, you're not very informed in the subject. MDA is speedier than MDMA
MDA is far less lovey than MDMA
and MDE is defenitly the MDx compund with shorter duration and less stimulation and the more sedating

^^^^^^^^
You are just relating personal experience.. Whose to say that his high wasnt lovey.. Personally, (like ive said) ive done high doses of both.. While MDA has stronger stimulant side effects, it knocks you on your ass alot more than MDMA... MDMA seems alot more stimulating cuz you can actually do shit on it, instead of sitting on the floor, chewing your lip off.
I found MDA just as loved up as MDMA.. MDMA was just more extroverted as opposed to MDA's introversion.

the last time I rolled (10/2002) the pills turned out to be MDA and meth ! I was so sped up that I practically walked around in circles , it was nuts . However I noticed a "dulling" of my psyche , I felt very stoned , as in slow thought process , duhhhhhhhhhh...........
it was very strange , but the night resulted in some CRAZY sex :)

I think perhaps you guys should re-read the info on mda's activity. Mda if you check erowid or phikal etc, is clearly recognised by scientists to be empathogenic (as much as mdma is). Im not going to retreat behind personal experience and individual effects, mda definately has all the same neuronal activity as mdma (and no less for sure). You cant dispute that. If it has the same activity (and that means the same quality and quantity of serotonic relase) it has the same effect. End of argument! If you go look all these compounds up in phikal, youll find shulgins experience is exactly the same as mine - (that mda and mdma are quite similar, and only differ in the trippiness department), and many other people here as well as peoples trip reports. Your quite alone - you few folks in the misconception that mda has the effects of mde(speedy and low empathy, long duration) - and probably mistaken about the identity of your pills. You wont find any reputable scientific source that backs up what you say! if you have an opinion thats fine, but im only relaying what i beleive is the consesus.
That you dont get empathy or "swimminess" on mda is dumbfounding to me. U are either not getting mda, your serotonin is poked or your brain is different from most other people. Ive recently spent four consectutive nights on mda. Im very clear thats what they were (we tested), and im very clear that the loved up feelings were far too strong to be plaecebo. Anyone whos done a real pill would not confuse themselves with placebo - thats non-users who make that mistake because they havent felt it. Hell in my opinion the touchy feelies and love i got on those strong mda pills were better than ive ever felt on any other pill period! Ive never been so tactile or emotional. I can barely imagine how your experience is so different!
For those that reckon they get mdma most of the time, not mda perhaps your should check your local pill reports. If you only count mdx substances (not speed, k, dxm, bzp etc etc), mda in most areas is by far the most common mdx. At least that was how it was a few years ago, if its changes id like to know how. Being that mda is cheaper and easier to make, and in all cases suffices, i dont know why any1 would bother making mdma - its all only about money after all. I like mda, but its a pity it makes the perfect mdma substitutte. Itd be nice to know which it is BEFORE you buy it...
Most of all check erowid. every1 knows its the definative source for drug effects. I believe its pretty clear when youve read this site that mda is empathogenic, if not more in some regards than mdma.
Where did you guys here this nonsense that mda is less empathogenic anyway? Or is it simply that the psyecedelic side freaked your ego out to much to sit and appreciate it? I really am curious to know where this idea comes from. If it really is an ego-loss thing, you do realise that can happen on high dose mdma too? you do realise its a psycedelic your taking not cocaine?
[ 19 January 2003: Message edited by: Cimora ]

^^^^
What he said, just not so pissy about it....
MDMA and MDA are only different by one methyl group... it would make sense that there effects are quite the same just as Amphetamine:Meth. NO drugs even come close to the MDMA high, except MDA and MDEA.
Yall niggas need to read Judy HollandThe Complete Guide to Ecstasy. It will give you great insights into the different actions of MDMA and MDA.. to sum it up.(as the book says)
MDA has two isomers. Its right(maybe left) isomer has been found to have 5-ht1a and 2a activity. Its left(maybe right) has stricly 5-ht2a activity. so you get both emotional and hallucinogenic activity. The 5-ht2a activity seems to drown out some or maybe alot of the emotional aspect, depending on the person.. This can be proven as LSD seems to be a 5-ht2a receptor agonist only, and doesnt seem to give a forceful, postive emotional push like MDA.. Most people would agree that LSD is alot easier to have a bad trip on than MDA.
MDMA has the same situation. However its left isomer seems to be quite inactive, eliminating the majority of hallucinogenic activity. However, its right effects the 5-ht1a... There for giving the emotional effects, with diminished hallucinogenic effects. The added methyl group also makes it a more potent 5-ht1a agonist and changes the affinity for some other receptors. Still, both chemicals act on the same nuerotransmitters.
Oh, and its silverfucked. ;)

my apologies to both Cimora or Silverfucked for any offence intended.
Cimora I think you barked up the wrong end of the stick with my comments, they were not meant as a personal attack in any way. I have withdrawn because they obviously lacked clarity and I don't have time to rewrite them. I totally agree with you with your comments about placebo effects, which is kinda what I was trying to say. With regard to Pihkal I am certainly not going to start arguing with Shulgin et al. With regard to contents of pills well I can only go off a combination of experience, testers and data-bases like BL's etc...all of which have varying degrees of certainty. I imagine most of us are in a similar sitaution.

Actually, i retract anything offensive. I never intended that to be directed solely at one person any1, i was just frustrated by people telling others what they did or didnt experience. Its okay that some people dont feel much empathy on mda, im fine with that, but they cant then say that the majority of people who do feel it are wrong. I was prolly having a bad day anyway :p

funny, i didnt think anyone was flaming anybody..!
Anyway, its cool homeslice.
[ 21 January 2003: Message edited by: silverfucked ]

silver : the added methyl group is what makes the molecule too big to fit into the psychedelic (5ht subtype) receptors.

lol at silverfucked. I love pills, whatever i know fo sho i hate pills that dont get me loved up. tell me what is in those cuz i feel like im rolling face exept i dont feel like talkin and all i can mutter is HUH? hate them shits peace.

that depends. If u got lots of subconsious shit goin on the it cud be mda. otherwise its mde. Make sure you is in the right frame of mind, then ull be fine.

For those that reckon they get mdma most of the time, not mda perhaps your should check your local pill reports. If you only count mdx substances (not speed, k, dxm, bzp etc etc), mda in most areas is by far the most common mdx.
I just don't think this is borne out. People thinking they got MDA might be, but if we're referring to lab tests as opposed to anecdotal reports, I just don't see these results. The most common anomalous reuslt perhaps - that is, pills containing no MDxx or at least something else in addition to MDxx (keeping in mind that lab reports are not a representative sample) - but MDMA still dominates. I see more MDMA only pills in the results than ones shown to contain MDA.