• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find the phenylmagnesium bromide?"

"It's on the bottom shelf of the Grignard's aisle."

"And err, do you have this piperidine in a jerry can?"

Exactly! (though you wouldn't be buying the first one)

I'm guessing this guy bought a liter each of toluene and ether. The toluene is what made people start yelling PCP, I guess.

Colo. boys arrested for allegedly running drug lab near school

BROOMFIELD, Co. - Two Colorado brothers were arrested Thursday on the suspicion that they were running a drug lab near an elementary school.

CBS station KCNC reports that Kyle Clouse, 18, and his 16-year-old brother were caught after police responded to an attempted shoplifting call. According to the police press release, the boys were trying to take kitchen utensils from a grocery store to make Dimethyltryptaminem commonly known as DMT..

At a home near Emerald Elementary school, police found evidence the boys had tried to make the potent drug, but police found no proof of a finished product.

Clouse and his brother were released, pending charges.

The Denver Post explains that DMT is a Schedule 1 drug, meaning it can be used only as medicine or in scientific research. It is a hallucinogen typically used to lace marijuana. When it in inhaled, it can create powerful experiences. It is usually smoked, and goes by the street names Spice, Dimitri, Fatasia, and Businessman's Lunch.

source @ http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...d-for-allegedly-running-drug-lab-near-school/

DMT laced weed? anyone got sourc... just kidding lol. but seriously?? thats just ridiculous. and you dont make DMT you extract it...

dmt is not suitable to lace pot.

you can however smoke DMT on top of a bowl of weed, if you lack more suitable smoking tools.

more bullshit from the media.

police found evidence the boys had tried to make the potent drug, but police found no proof of a finished product

Don't they usually weigh the root bark and charge them for that amount of DMT?

Once again, the media twists words for the simple minded. Anyone that actually knows what they are talking about knows that this is an exaggeration. DMT isn't even a recreational drug, imo. I mean, it isn't used to party or to relax, at least by anyone I know and if it is consumed on top of cannabis, it generally indicates the person didn't have a better way of using it.

Don't they usually weigh the root bark and charge them for that amount of DMT?

yes. the carrier is counted as drug weight. same applies to shitty e pills with say 40mg MDMA but the whole pill weighs 200mg. 200mg of MDMA is the charge.

EVEN WORSE is if youre caught with LSD which has tiny doses, the blotter paper itself or the liquid is also weighed. and a 5ml vial has 5 grams of liquid and thats one fat acid charge.

EDIT: the main charge here is going to be manufacture of a schedule 1 chemical though.

...running a drug lab...

Yeah, a drug lab huh? I guess that some root bark, lye, naptha & plastic jugs constitute a lab. What a load of crap.
And they weren't going to 'make' DMT, just extract existing DMT from the source.

so wait? They got caught shoplifting "kitchen utensils " and that some how led back to a search of their home that turned up what exactly? They say nothing about any materials or anything being found to even make the DMT? What happened? did these kids just tell the cops that the reason they were stealing whatever it was they were stealing was b/c they were going to use it to try and make "DMT"??? lol

"This will all be much better for you if you just tell us the truth".

^ Trust us. We are trying to make it easy on you, but if you don't tell us everything, we have no choice but to come down hard.

Yep, that's probably exactly what it was. If the kids had known better, they could have made up ANY ridiculous story (or of course said nothing), no matter how stupid, and the cops would have just got them for the shoplifting and attributed it to them being "stupid teenagers".

Sucks for them, and very sad how badly the legal repercussions will haunt the 18 year old, probably forever.

They say nothing about any materials or anything being found to even make the DMT?

I wasn't implying that the kids had those specific materials - just that those few basic items are all thats needed for an extraction yet the cops claim they were running a DRUG LAB. Hell, except for the root bark, I have all the other items in my home. I have several solvents in the garage, and a bunch of mason jars & water jugs. I guess I must have a large scale drug lab going.

Trust us. We are trying to make it easy on you, but if you don't tell us everything, we have no choice but to come down hard.

Yeah right! They always try that BS... and it often works. Stupid kids.

The Denver Post explains that DMT is a Schedule 1 drug, meaning it can be used only as medicine or in scientific research. It is a hallucinogen typically used to lace marijuana. When it in inhaled, it can create powerful experiences. It is usually smoked, and goes by the street names Spice, Dimitri, Fatasia, and Businessman's Lunch.

There are so many things wrong with this...

schedule 1 means it can be used only as medicine? ...
DMT is 'typically used to lace marijuana' ?...
goes by street name Spice ? (so now any obscure drug that the media doesn't know much about is just called Spice)

Status
Not open for further replies.