• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fent should be legal, yeah. I just think the risk, due to the dose levels of pure fent, is too risky for amateur chemists, even if it's legal. So, one would need a proper lab and gov't authority to manufacture it.

What other stuff do you consider in that same category
Various other fent analogs, opiates, and basically any other drug that can lead to OD's and is used in microgram doses.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear at all. :!

Oh absolutely - I'm not for unrestricted legalization, more like "beer-style" regulation on possession/usage itself, and definitely proper production/packaging*/distribution.

fentanyl and fent analogues are nuisance drugs everywhere except in the theoretical realm of full legalization. I wouldn't care except that they sneak itl into the heroin every once in a while and <10 mg can be fatal to even experienced heroin users. This is compounded by the fact that mid-level suppliers often re-cut the powder they unpack, and it's very hard to homogenously distribute such a small amount of active ingredient through such a relatively large amount of cut. Indeed the recognition that there may be fetanyl in the bags I'm buying make me feel like I'm forced to play the Soviet game with a very strange revolving chamber.

I think medical examiners don't regularly test for it. Ever seen the Ben Kingsley movie Suspect Zero? These aren't overdoses: they are murders.

I love fentanyl, but only when it is in a predetermined FDA approved method of administration such as patches or small amps of citrate. If someone ever offered me a gram of fentanyl I highly doubt I would buy it, the margin or error that can mean the difference of life and death is just way too close for me to indulge in. I would say the only way it would in fact be safe to actually use is if you had a very specific and very sensitive scale and an accurate purity test.

agreed, although I'd go further than that. I cannot say I'd have any real problem with fent being available ONLY in predetermined strengths. Even if you got pure fent powder that was a known potency, if pure it'd still be dancing with death since you'd likely be doped out while trying to measure a subsequent dose, and kill yourself/others at that point. I don't see much problem even with making even oxycodone LESS pure than the tablets on the market, although I don't see much reason to. Make super-potent stuff available only in larger-tablet/dilution levels, if someone chooses to evap or extract their product out, they're the one f'ing around!!

Allenspark man suspected of prepping for a drug lab said chemicals for 'experiments'

http://www.timescall.com/ci_19259613

LONGMONT -- Longmont hazmat officers on Thursday inventoried and secured a box of chemicals retrieved from an Allenspark man's home after he was arrested Tuesday outside of a Longmont ACE Hardware when employees there reported he appeared to be stockpiling the supplies needed for a PCP lab.

They really should give a little more information as to why they suspected a PCP lab... not the most popular or marketable drug in Colorado. Also, I wouldn't be smiling like that facing the charges that he is. I guess you would just have to grin and bear it though.

lulz at the funny pic.

I doubt he was going to make PCP and be that carefree about it. But who really knows whats up given how they didnt really focus on WHAT he was caught with. And Meth and PCP labs? Both times he wasnt really trying to hide it... I dont think the cops know what hes making

He was buying chemicals at the same ACE he was previously arrested for buying chemicals at?

facepalm

Maybe he was trying to set up a lab to synth research chemicals and so he was smiling because he wasn't going to get in trouble?

Then again I don't know too much about the legality of such things.

Nice find OP!

It's funny that there's an employee at the hardware store who was aware of the precursors to PCP.

Also, LOL at the Paper Mario t-shirt. XD

You cant buy all the stuff to make PCP or meth at a hardware store, solvents and some reagents maybe... They probably give them a leaflet or something, 'people buying x, x and x together could be making METH or PCP and will give it to your children!'

Anyway, even if they catch you with some extracted pseudo, scraped matchbooks, iodine, solvents and stuff, surely they can't charge you with anything unless you've actually mixed them together and made some amount of illegal drug?

I lol'd at the third pic, of the cop looking at the funnel thing as if it's an alien about to suck out his brains!

Yeah that's what conspiracy charges are for. I might be wrong, but those Arizona college students from a while back who led to the downfall of "strike" were convicted on conspiracy charges.

OP
Thursday inventoried and secured a box of chemicals retrieved from an Allenspark man's home after he was arrested Tuesday outside of a Longmont ACE Hardware when employees there reported he appeared to be stockpiling the supplies needed for a PCP lab.

They really should give a little more information as to why they suspected a PCP lab... not the most popular or marketable drug in Colorado. Also, I wouldn't be smiling like that facing the charges that he is. I guess you would just have to grin and bear it though. .

And as someone else pointed out- how would you recognize the precursors for PCP, meth maybe, but an ACE harware employee- maybe they have a pamphelet or database that sends up a red flag. This drug war is a joke. Its one of thye few times you can be guilty until proven innocent. What a sham, shame on them.

He should have moved to San Jose- it would appear that they have their own cottage industry for PCP- hence a market (KJ, Blast, Lenios)- unlike most of the nations supply which is produced in South Central LA according to the Narcs.

Anyway post 45 from "The PCP Thread": http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/495739-The-PCP-Thread/page2

You totally couldn't even get any chemical from ace that would tell you PCP was specifically being made or would constitute a charge for manufacturing PCP. As long as the chems he had at his parent's house weren't precursors he'll be fine.

" Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find the phenylmagnesium bromide?"

"It's on the bottom shelf of the Grignard's aisle."

"And err, do you have this piperidine in a jerry can?"

lol at his "Super Mario" t-shirt in that arrest pic... lol wtf?!?! I guess I AM THE ONLY person in this community feeling the crunch of the recession. .. fml~

Last edited:
You cant buy all the stuff to make PCP or meth at a hardware store, solvents and some reagents maybe... They probably give them a leaflet or something, 'people buying x, x and x together could be making METH or PCP and will give it to your children!'

Anyway, even if they catch you with some extracted pseudo, scraped matchbooks, iodine, solvents and stuff, surely they can't charge you with anything unless you've actually mixed them together and made some amount of illegal drug?

I lol'd at the third pic, of the cop looking at the funnel thing as if it's an alien about to suck out his brains![/QUOTE
i'm under the impression 99% of lab cases are for conspiracy to manufacture because its a lot easier to prove, if you have everything stockpiled and they have like reason to believe youre making drugs then yo ass is getting busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.