• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ Lab busts & explosions (2005-2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK - Two arrested after police uncover suspected crystal meth lab in Northern Quarter

Police uncovered a suspected drugs factory in the centre of Manchester.

Officers swooped on the alleged 'meth lab' when they executed a search warrant at a flat in the Northern Quarter.

They found a series of chemicals in containers all over the flat in Dorsey Street, off Tib Street.

Detectives believe the flat was being used to produce methamphetamine, known as crystal meth or ice, which is derived from the stimulant ephedrine.

Two people have been arrested on suspicion of producing controlled drugs.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...uspected-crystal-meth-lab-in-northern-quarter

Ha! I used to live 2 minutes away from there. Manchester meth lab, eh? That's a new one.

[Florida, U.S.A] - Woman Disfigured In Meth Explosion Arrested For Cooking Drug Again

This is old news (November 9th, 2011), therefore I apologize if someone has already posted it or if I'm not following DITM posting guidelines, but I felt I should share it.

-------------

Even after having her face melted off after an illegal meth lab exploded, a Florida woman has been busted again for manufacturing the drug, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Sheriff's deputies arrived at a trailer on Monday and were shocked to find severely disfigured Heather Raybon there with another man, both surrounded by drug paraphernalia in the midst of a working meth lab, reported Fox10TV.com.

The 31-year-old had been permanently scarred when a drug den blew up in 2004 but even with her face left a distorted, melted mask she couldn't keep away from the addictive drug.

In the latest incident, narcotic detectives found materials and ingredients to cook up crystal meth, along with 13 grams of meth powder and 32 grams of meth oil. There was such a strong risk of explosion from the one-pot lab that police called the fire department to safely neutralize it.

Raybon and William Hindall, who was also at the trailer in Milton, Florida, were both arrested for production of methamphetamine, trafficking methamphetamine, possession of felony drug equipment and possession of listed chemicals to manufacture meth, and are being held on a $35,000 bond.

Police had originally turned up at the seedy location looking for fugitive Brian Mauldin, and there remains a warrant out for his arrest for the possession of listed chemicals to manufacture methamphetamine.

Raybon, who has a string of former drug offences and traffic violations on her record, has undergone numerous facial surgeries over the past seven years to rebuild her melted face.

Heather-Raybon-meth-explosion-face.jpg

Source - http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/11/florida-woman-face-disfigured-meth-cooking

Photos of her through the years after multiple surgeries - http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/152920/2011/11/heather-raybon-disfigured-meth-lab-explosion

-------------------------------

She was quite attractive - such a tragedy.

Last edited:
^I'd hardly call self inflicted damage tragic. She did this to herself so I can't bring myself to feel bad.

It is sad that her life was basically ruined by an addiction to a shitty drug, but do you feel bad for the guy who shoots himself in the foot?

While she brought this on herself in a sense, the amateur illicit production of meth wouldn't be necessary without such draconian drug laws...

I love the way they frame her return to meth. Shit, if you had your face all fucked up like that, why the hell not go back to cooking? What have you got to lose? Anyway, this gives me an idea for a horror movie: burnt woman goes insane after meth cook gone bad, goes on amphetamine fueled killing spree. :D

^I'd hardly call self inflicted damage tragic. She did this to herself so I can't bring myself to feel bad.

It is sad that her life was basically ruined by an addiction to a shitty drug, but do you feel bad for the guy who shoots himself in the foot?

As someone who's battled with severe opiate addiction and thinking back to some of the very dangerous things I did to get a fix so that I could function whatsoever, I would call accidentally disfiguring self inflicted damage due to being controlled by a drug a big tragedy.

One may say it's somewhat taken out of context when you're comparing it with asking whether I would feel bad for the guy who shoots himself in the foot.

But I guess I can understand what you're saying in that she probably knew there was a good chance she'd be critically injured or even killed, yet she still went ahead with it - but that's addiction for you.

Last edited:
ya thats what i was thinking they make a big deal out of her going back to it, yes its dumb but i gurantee she feels like she aint got much to live for but thats just an assumption..

Too bad, she was definitely fuckable before being burned.

Yes, I'd say someone who shoots themselves in the foot or burned themselves making drugs is tragic, and I would have empathy for either of them.

If I disfigured my face and cooking was my only source damn right I'd cook again even after burning myself.

It's fucking bullshit that prohibition drives addicts to this extreme. Fuck this cooking meth from sudafed and bath salts, just let us get the good shit at a pharmacy and leave me the fuck alone.

I agree that the drug laws are ultimately to blame for her disfigurement.
Reserving your sympathy, and saying such people don't deserve it, seems callus and cold-hearted to me.
In order to get her DOC, she was forced by society to cook it up, using a dangerous process.
It blew up and injured her horribly, and you want to say it was her own fault?
It was her fault, of course, in some way, but what would you say if alcohol were prohibited, and people died drinking bad moonshine?
Their own fault?
What if cannabis were illegal - whoops, it is! - and the government sprayed poison on all the crop, and then people smoked the poisoned weed and died... their own fault?

But, what I find amazing is that people are surprised that she went back to smoking meth afterward.
Whatever reasons she had to use it before her accident, she had one major new reason to use it afterward.

People will use drugs. Period. They have been doing so for the entire length of human history, in every culture and climate, in every time period.
Once the politicians begin to accept this as a basic fact of human nature, things may begin to improve.

CA-Mountain View police bust up DMT drug lab

abc 7 South Bay News
Ama Daetz
November 08, 2012

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- Mountain View police have shut down a drug lab producing a psychedelic substance, used by Shamans in the Amazon during sacred rituals. The drug is known as DMT. This may be the first bust of its kind in the Bay Area.

Police found the DMT lab in an apartment complex. Police say DMT is a hallucinogen that can be ten-times than LSD. These types of operations are rare and police only know of three in the entire state.

Cleanup crews worked well into the night to safely dispose of this suburban Mountain View drug lab. It was discovered earlier in the day when police and a SWAT team raided two adjoining apartment complexes on Bush Street. They served four search warrants and found a DMT lab.

"Dimethyltryptamine, it's a hallucinogen, fast acting, illegal, and from what we know so far, this may be the first lab of this kind in the Bay Area," said Mountain View Police Sgt. Sean Thompson.

Police were tipped off by neighbors. One neighbor, who doesn't want to be identified, says people would come and go from the apartments at all hours and she says, it smelled.

"They had this little BBQ on the side and they were never cooking anything, but you could smell burning plastic," said the neighbor.

DMT is found in plants. Shamans in the Amazon are known to use it in a ceremonial drink called ayahuasca.

Up close it looks like a yellow crystal, but police didn't find any finished product since it was still in the process of being made. So they found frozen plant material, broken down plants, acid and other unknown chemicals. They also recovered heroine, meth, marijuana, and several guns and other weapons.

At least three people were arrested. The man who owns the building says he knew his tenants smoked a little, but had no idea about the lab.

"Sometimes they're a little late on the rent, but I don't hear anything illegal or fighting or something crazy going on," said Ernest Louie, a building owner.

Police do expect to make more arrests. They haven't released a dollar amount on what the lab could have produced, but they say a gram of DMT goes for upwards of $900.

(Copyright ©2012 KGO-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8879485#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-8879485

They haven't released a dollar amount on what the lab could have produced, but they say a gram of DMT goes for upwards of $900.

LOL. Yeah, sure it does.

[people would come and go from the apartments at all hours and she says, it smelled. "They had this little BBQ on the side and they were never cooking anything, but you could smell burning plastic,"

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM I wonder what was going on in there.

From the sounds of it they're extracting fresh mimosa or something with acid/base on a fairly large scale. The "unknown chemicals" are solvents and lye probably...
At an alkaloid level of 0.6% (1% dry alkaloids, 60% water by weight), one could extract ~6 grams of alkaloid per kilogram of plant material. It's not unreasonable that they might have 50 kilos if they've been busy bees, chopping and carrying from parks and gardens (The ecological destruction, if discovered (due to local "sourcing" of materials) will no doubt add to the jail time.
). So that's maybe 300, 350 grams of DMT. At 400 a gram street price ($20/50mg dose. a more accurate price) that means the drug haul is around $150,000, maximum. 50-70,000 would be a better number.

I bet the cops will report a number at least 10x that. ($45 for a 50mg dose of dmt... right.)

these guys are also not the only people extracting dmt in cali. trust me on that.

this thread brought to you by the rand institute.

oh shit it can be ten-times than LSD? lock those crazy cunts up for making this satanic chemical.

yeah cooking up deems in an urban environment is not too smart most people will think its meth and will call police in fear of explosions, happens all the time in the bay area

I think what they meant was.. we're illiterate cock goblins and the only phrase we can spell is just say no

Australian, Afghan forces bust drug lab

Australian, Afghan forces bust drug lab

AFGHAN security forces backed by Australian special forces and the US Drug Enforcement Agency have successfully raided a large insurgent narcotics lab, destroying an enormous stash of narcotics.

The facility was uncovered in a raid into northern Helmand province near the border with Oruzgan province.

Found and destroyed were five tonnes of morphine base and 4500 litres of morphine solution with an estimated Afghan street value of almost $9 million.

Defence said this drugs cache was the largest uncovered so far this year by Afghan National Security Forces and the Special Operations Task Group (SOTG).

It follows a series of large drug busts in Afghanistan and on the high seas off the Horn of Africa in which Australian land and sea forces have played a role.

SOTG commanding officer Lieutenant Colonel J - identified only by an initial for security reasons - said this discovery would severely disrupt two insurgent narcotic networks.

He said insurgents sold the morphine to raise money to buy weapons and ammunition to target Afghan forces and their Australian and coalition partners in the upcoming fighting season.

"Clearly preventing weaponry entering the battle space is a big win for the Afghan National Security Forces and the loss of this income source will definitely reduce the insurgents' ability to fund their fighting campaign," he said in a statement.

Lieutenant Colonel J said Afghan-led operations to remove narcotic funding directly linked to the insurgency were critical to the future stability of Afghanistan.

"The ability of our Afghan partners to conduct operations with significant successes like this one demonstrates the growing capability and confidence of our partner forces as we transition to Afghan lead for security responsibility in Oruzgan province," he said.

"Destroying the narcotic caches and the labs that produce them will take away the main funding source for insurgents, and they will find it increasingly difficult to destabilise the region in the future."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...es-bust-drug-lab/story-e6frea7l-1226617990705

Found and destroyed were five tonnes of morphine base and 4500 litres of morphine solution with an estimated Afghan street value of almost $9 million.

large_homer.drool.jpg

Yeah, can't have competition with big pharma who is buying top grade opium from Afghanistan, now can we?

Isn't it very telling how poppy fields have expanded since the U.S. arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.