Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

^If you've got the knees for it, get out and go for a run--that'll cure every one of those!:)

Keep it going man, I am literally in the same boat. Thank god I got a few days off, but nevertheless I had to come into the office today and get some work done. I am on day 5 my wife is on day 3. I definitely have moments of anxiety too and depression but Ive just been rocking through them, then they pass. Today the stomach discomfort and the fatigue are whats killing me.

I did sleep alright but man, work, coffee, kratom, work, coffee, kratom...being here really reminds me that it is not only the physical and the mental, but it's also the ritual. Breaking the ritual and working through it. I havent gone to work in over a year without kratom in me. And work has always been my trigger before this too. So that will be tough.

How much were you dosing at when you quit? I am trying to get a feel for how long these things last. I feel like my cold turkey kick of OC's many years ago was not as hard as this kratom one. I have a feeling its because of the quantity I was taking.

It's been nice going through it with my wife. Crying it out together and talking about all of the good things we used to do before we did this. It's good to keep in perspective. We are all better people in large part, when kratom or opiates are not in the equation. Life is beautiful and grand.

I've been on a 2 month Kratom binge taking sometimes as much as 60grams a day... I have been tapering all week and am down to one morning dose of 9 grams...The only sides are boredom, restless legs, and mild depression/anxiety....

Man it is TOUGH to come down off those high doses. I was at about 30g a day and man the kick has been painful. Very hard. Taper as much as you can for sure!

Sounds good man, honestly I think at this point five hours of sleep is pretty good. I still struggle to sleep that much at once. I wake up all the time still sweating and sometimes shaking and freaked out. This weekend will be a big help I believe. So great progress man you should be turning the corner. If I may ask are you feeling mentally strong with regards to using anymore? Do you ever think about it at all?

I am still thinking about using daily for sure. It's a hard fight. When you have down time on kratom it's downright enjoyable. Without kratom it is an anxiety ridden nightmare. I try to stay as busy as possible but it's hard at times

Keep it going man, I am literally in the same boat. Thank god I got a few days off, but nevertheless I had to come into the office today and get some work done. I am on day 5 my wife is on day 3. I definitely have moments of anxiety too and depression but Ive just been rocking through them, then they pass. Today the stomach discomfort and the fatigue are whats killing me.

I did sleep alright but man, work, coffee, kratom, work, coffee, kratom...being here really reminds me that it is not only the physical and the mental, but it's also the ritual. Breaking the ritual and working through it. I havent gone to work in over a year without kratom in me. And work has always been my trigger before this too. So that will be tough.

How much were you dosing at when you quit? I am trying to get a feel for how long these things last. I feel like my cold turkey kick of OC's many years ago was not as hard as this kratom one. I have a feeling its because of the quantity I was taking.

It's been nice going through it with my wife. Crying it out together and talking about all of the good things we used to do before we did this. It's good to keep in perspective. We are all better people in large part, when kratom or opiates are not in the equation. Life is beautiful and grand.

I'm glad you guys are working through it together. Having the support of another person in your life is huge. I had been dosing 9 grams 6 times a day so 54 grams for a solid 3-4 months at the end. Hella expensive.

I've been on a 2 month Kratom binge taking sometimes as much as 60grams a day... I have been tapering all week and am down to one morning dose of 9 grams...The only sides are boredom, restless legs, and mild depression/anxiety....

Good for you - the taper should help. I have tried and failed too many times in the past and just went cold turkey which was HARD. Through most of the physical stuff except I'm always cold now. Not cold sweats but just chilly. The anxiety is the big bitch thing now and I am considering seeing a dr to try and manage it because I know if I can get it under control I am golden

Today has been good for the most part. Had a cup of coffee around 7 AM and then around 9 my wife made me a cup of chamomile tea since I was so cold. Over my lunch break I went out to lift weights for the first time in months and while I'm quite weak now, it felt great. Just trying to power through the next 2.5 hours of work and then the weekend is here and gonna do my best to be busy and productive

Nice man! Way to get it done, it's so hard to force through those moments sometimes, but a little bit of physical activity helps no doubt.

And yes I could not imagine going through this alone, and I feel for anyone who may have to. Having that real support is so critical. 54g a day is for sure hella expensive. God I cant even think about how much money I've dumped on this shit. For a while I was making up for it with additional work, but no more.

Anxiety is big man, lmk if you see a doctor and what he/she says. Right now, Im sitting at work just trying to do some simple reports and take it easy. Work is such a massive trigger for me. I have not had a craving at all until I got here. That scares me. I wish I had a patch or something lol.

Keep strong bro! Lets all power through this. Another week and normal will be back. The real us.

^^^
sounds like a plan, we got this. I asked my wife if she would come with me to dr next week if anxiety doesn't let up by end of the weekend so that is the tentative plan. I'm hoping to avoid the dr and coming clean to him about a substance he likely never heard of, but I absolutely will not go back on they damn kratom shit again. Whether that means I need to take something to temporarily manage my anxiety,
So be it.

Yea man do what you gotta do. I have been trying to focus on supplements. So many of the terrible aspects of coming clean are dealing with down regulation. Everytime we have a down moment that brain is working double time to decrease the amount of cell receptor sites. Our natural dopamine is so far below the bar that we are depressed and anxious all the time.

I've been reading about st. johns wart and magic mushrooms helping with this process. Mushrooms are one of the few substances on the planet that actually cultivate neuro-gensis in the brain, creating new brain cells. I was thinking about micro dosing for the next couple of days. Not very much info out there though. Anything is worth a try, even just mentally.

This is a cool video about the scientific info behind psilocybin for treatment of addiction. Alcohol and opiate addiction are of course really similar to what we are going through. This kind of touches on why psilocybin works for addiction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdmGMceP-4

I have 2 mushroom chocolates Im thinking about indulging in one this weekend. Maybe get the mind right.

I'm doing my best to stay away from any substance short of vitamins and fish oil and if I need it, some melatonin to sleep. I have too much of an addict personality and the last thing I want is to be dependent on another substance regardless of what it is.

On a side note I survived the remainder of the work day though not very productive. It worked out work was kind of slow this week which was a big help.

My wife and I just dropped our son off at a friends house for a play date and are going for a short walk on a nature trail. One hour at a time. 4 days clean come 10PM

Nice walk through a nature trail with my wife but hell my knees were aching fierce. I lift weights regularly and heavy but it's not until I go off kratom that I get bad knee pain. Never been off long enough to see if it is temporary or a real issue.

We rented Furious 7 to watch later tonight so looking forward to curling up to a nice fire and watching a movie before hitting the sack tonight.

I hope everyone has a nice, peaceful and substance free night.

Night all. Anxiety was down to a minimum this evening and enjoyed watching a movie. Looking forward to the weekend and all the possibilities it presents

Sleep was pretty terrible. It's just after 5 AM here and after falling asleep just before 1130, woke up around 245 and then slept until just before 4 and tossed and turned for a good 40 mins before getting up for a hot shower. Laid back down but no sleep so here I am.

Can't get my mind to shut off. Constantly racing. Sucks

Since I was up so god forsaken early today I folded a load of laundry and did the dishes and then when my son was up at 7 AM, we played some Minecraft for a little and then gym from 8-9.

More housework and now getting ready to pick pumpkins. My wife says she feels guilty sitting while I'm doing all this stuff but I told her to not be. I just can't sit still for long right now...

All around a great day. Was anxious this morning because of not sleeping but spent the day with the family doing things outside and then hanging out inside. I felt almost normal for a change. Even managed a half hour nap. Going to hit the hot tub I think before bed tonight to help relax (really sore from gym the past two days) and attempt to sleep without any supplements/sleep aids at all.

May the rest of you fighting your own battle keep up the good fight and never let your demons bring you down

All around a great day. Was anxious this morning because of not sleeping but spent the day with the family doing things outside and then hanging out inside. I felt almost normal for a change. Even managed a half hour nap. Going to hit the hot tub I think before bed tonight to help relax (really sore from gym the past two days) and attempt to sleep without any supplements/sleep aids at all.

May the rest of you fighting your own battle keep up the good fight and never let your demons bring you down

Thats great news man good to hear it. I've been doing the same. Staying busy around the house. Since I re-upped so many times with Kratom during the day I am still having huge drops in energy level which kill me...I cant stand feeling bored. But I've just been toughing them out. Drinking a cup of coffee and listening to music.

Tomorrow will be day 7, and although today has had its ups and downs, I am feeling fucking magnificent right now. Those lows are nothing compared to the amazing feels your body gives you once you tough it out. I havent felt the real me in so long, it is so strong, and is hitting me at the core. I'm so glad we did this.

Keep it up bro, we made it out of the hot water...now lets keep it going!

5 days clean. Best night of sleep so far last night - 11 - 7 waking once to pee and a few times in between dreams but fell right back asleep. Didn't use any melatonin, valerian either. Helps I pushed myself hard physically yesterday so I was exhausted come bed time. Definitely the key along with no coffee or stims after early afternoon.

Praying for a nice Sunday and a positive fresh start to the work week on Mon