Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

13 days clean - and the beat goes on ba da dum da dum da dum.

Picked up guitar hero live this weekend. Music and guitar - oh so therapeutic.

2 weeks, 2 weeks!!!

I almost forget how terrible I felt going through those withdrawals and absolutely LOVE being able to go anywhere I want without having to plan to have enough kratom with me to keep from withdrawing. Life truly is beautiful if you just let it in :)

Anybody have to deal with messed up stomach/bowels after stopping opiates? I notice while using I have an iron stomach and nothing I eat really bothers me much. Now, 2 weeks clean its a daily battle with gas, diarrhea and minor hemorrhoids. I'm about ready to start closely monitoring my diet and eliminating foods in an effort to find relief because it's terrible.

Wondering if this will dissipate after some time or if some permanent changes are needed on my part....

Hello all,

I've been taking kratom daily for about 4 months now, and whenever I try to stop I notice the onset of what would seem like a mild opiate wd. Anyways, tomorrow I will quit. I honestly hate the plant now for making me a slave. I know that I will go through physical and psychological wds. My plan is to take ibuprofen and loperamide for physical wds. Is there anything that will help with the psychological wds (that aren't addictive)? I've done some reading on here that kava can help. Anyone have experience with this? This is my first post so if I'm breaking any rules I apologize.

Go for walks as much as possible to keep your mind off things and try to stay busy. Just having gone through this myself with a much larger habit, you should start to feel better after 4 days or so. Here is what I did.

Loperamide only when I had diarrhea.
Ibuprofen for aches
Mint tea with kava to settle stomach and help with anxiety.
3xday hot shower or hot tub. Helps a lot with anxiety.
Melatonin 10 mg for sleep
Took vitamins and fish oil daily along with protein shakes and Powerade.
Walks 2-3 times per day

Best of luck to you. It will suck for sure but it's awesome on the other side of this nasty fucking plant.

Does anyone experience depression and lethargy while coming off Kratom . When I first start its a miracle herb after a while as dose increases the euphoria decreases and anxiety goes through the roof.
How long does this last ?

The depression was worse for me for about 4-5 days after stopping cold turkey. I was getting depressed while on it too between doses which sucked.

Lethargy is variable. Are you already active and fairly healthy? I eat well, lift weights and exercise regularly - while addicted to kratom I competed in several bodybuilding shows. I feel this level of physical activity helped me battle the lethargy and depression. After about a week to 10 days I started feeling myself again in terms of energy levels.

Day 16 - the thought of substance abuse (kratom, opiates, even pot) invade my daily thoughts now. The real test will come when they are readily available without me having a chance of getting caught and if I can walk away from it.

Day 18 - had a nice time taking my son and his friends trick or treating last night. Came home and had a few beers while watching Halloween 2.

Everyone have a safe and happy Halloween weekend

Hey man, I just wanted to chime in and let you know your thread is helping me quite a bit... just reading you thoughts and stuff I feel a lot less shameful and a lot better knowing it's not just me who psyches out on the fear of withdrawal... the mental stuff is indeed harder and the anxiety can be overwhelming. Personally, I am using kratom right now to come off of a long time suboxone habit (another fun w/d) and limiting myself greatly and so in that sense you are also keeping me inspired to not go that extra dose and turn things from withdrawal prevention into slight buzz... the process of getting clean is a bitch... I am 25 now and went through the worst detox of my life in May 2014... I remember thinking SO much throughout the process "I would be so fucked if I had to work and support myself in any way." Big hats off to you for manning it up. I would have been so left hanging if your story stopped w/ the gallbladder incident... and was even more pleased to see this is a current thread! Props, man... you're making me feel a lot less fearful and anxious of what's to come. Thank ye for sharing.

I'm so glad that my experience was able to have a positive impact on you!!! I wish you the best as you fight through your demons. 25 is so young and full of promise so embrace each day as a gift and take everything it has to offer!!!

Day 19 in the books. A bit hungover from Halloween party last night. Only got 3.5 hours of sleep and drank plenty of beers. Had fun though and still got out and about doing yard work and taking my son to playground. Being hungover is a cake walk compared to being in withdrawal :)

It's been 3 weeks clean from kratom today! In addition to being happy and healthy for a change, saving the 400-600/month I was spending on that crap is a welcome bonus!

I read your whole thread. Very encouraging to read it and see how you're doing day to day and now on 3 weeks! Wanted to say thanks for documenting this. I know it helps a lot of people in similar situations trying to reach the other side (including myself).

I'm glad it has helped you! I was in the same boat when I first tried kicking this stuff years ago, googling forum posts from others who went through it and looking for suggestions to make things easier.

As most will tell you, the real test is whether you can stay sober long term or not. The day to day battle is real. Keep on fighting the good fight!!