Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

Made It through the night drug free for first time in awhile. Slept about 7.5 hours waking just once in between.

Coming up on 24 hours clean of pods and 3 days off kratom. Going to try and keep busy and get out and about to help keep my mind off things.

Poppy Pods contain Morphine and Codeine, not sure how much you took, but they will very much "cover" your withdrawals. Don't be shocked if the WD comes back like it was before as pods have some serious legs. Hate to say this but IMO its like using dope to try to get off of Vicodin or something like that. IME, poppy pods were much stronger then Kratom. As others have mentioned, Poppy Pod addiction is a real ass kicker, so tread carefully.

Poppy Pods contain Morphine and Codeine, not sure how much you took, but they will very much "cover" your withdrawals. Don't be shocked if the WD comes back like it was before as pods have some serious legs. Hate to say this but IMO its like using dope to try to get off of Vicodin or something like that. IME, poppy pods were much stronger then Kratom. As others have mentioned, Poppy Pod addiction is a real ass kicker, so tread carefully.

Understood and that is why the rest were washed down the sink the other day so there is no more to be had.

Today started out okay but the onset of cold sweats, nausea And anxiety have set in. Ran errands this morning after dropping my son off. Been reading Dave Mustaine's memoirs (if he can get clean, anyone can) and now heading out for a long walk with my music on.

Have plans tonight for dinner with my dad and maybe a movie with friends. Trying to stay busy and not let the symptoms get the best of me.

Walk was nice. Kept a fast pace and worked up a good sweat. Had chills throughout but after a nice hot shower feel better.

Went ahead and took 20mg of loperamide and am going to read a bit and hopefully get a nap. 4 hours or so until dinner with my dad.

Giving kratom the middle finger for the last time!

I have to say, all that immodium did was make me nauseous. This depression is terrible and it's easy to see why people relapse - because at least while using you can somewhat function normally. Without u just feel like shit

Well give it some more time... but if it doesn't work, then maybe for the best, it works so well for me that I had a hard time not using it every day and it just prolonged everything. And yeah, it feels weird in your stomach, and it also dries you out.

It definitely causes stomach cramps but I'll take Gas-X with it and use Miralax about 2-3 hours after. It really does block the withdrawal for me but I usually drop the loperamide by day 4-5 as most of the physical withdrawal is over by then. Without it though, I'd have RLS, cold sweats etc. Just makes it a little easier but yeah, some people have difficulty coming off the loperamide.

Not sure if it was the lope or just coming through some of the physical symptoms but tonight was pretty damn pleasant. Went over to my dad's and shared a pizza (ate 3 slices). Then we chatted for almost 2 hours. Afterwards I picked up a friend of mine I haven't seen in about a month and we watched Guardians of the Galaxy which was a great movie!

Going to make some peppermint tea with some kava and valerian and read some more. Son is sleeping at the Inlaws and can't wait until tomorrow morning to pick him up and do fun stuff with him.

Hoping I feel as good tomorrow AM as I do now. Night guys - thanks for all the support thus far

It was probably partly the loperamide, but it sure does provide a nice relief. Go as long as you can before you take more, if you do.

Slept pretty solid last night. 1130 to 4, up for bathroom and then back asleep till 7.

Work up pretty bleary eyed and a little chills but not terrible. Leaving in an hour to pick up my son and looking forward to a nice hot cup of coffee. Not taking anything before heading out this morning so we will see how this goes.

Picked up my son and spent the morning at a large park and playground. It's nice to not be in a fog all the time anymore like when I was on kratom but the chills and nausea were in full effect. Can't stop thinking about using.

Just got home and made some peppermint chamomile tea with some kava in it. Another day of struggles...

Today has been rougher than yesterday. Partly because I have to keep up with a very active 4 year old. Still, no kratom or lope today. Nausea and fatigue is an issue today.

I found a 10 capsule sample pack of Cajun kratom in my cabinet. Opened it up and dumped 5 caps into the Garbage disposal and the other 5 into a ziploc. I still have 20 caps in another bag that I plan on tossing later. It's a process and the better I feel, the easier it is to dump the rest. Trying to stay strong. Feeling really lonely and isolated. Can't wait for my wife to get home Sunday evening...

I recommend you just dump the rest now if you're serious about this (which I think you are). Having it around will be very tempting and if you do it you'll set yourself back quite a bit. And then you'll have to do what you already did over again. When I did ibogaine I made the mistake of not dumping the rest of my kratom (the only opiate I still had even though my main opiate at the time was poppy tea), and in a couple of moments of weakness afterwards due to stresses and stupid use of other drugs that made me feel shitty, I took some kratom and almost failed the whole thing. Had I dumped it out beforehand, it wouldn't have been an option and I'd have just had to deal with my shit.

Convincing yourself to keep it is just the addict in you playing games and attempting to maintain itself.

I recommend you just dump the rest now if you're serious about this (which I think you are). Having it around will be very tempting and if you do it you'll set yourself back quite a bit. And then you'll have to do what you already did over again. When I did ibogaine I made the mistake of not dumping the rest of my kratom (the only opiate I still had even though my main opiate at the time was poppy tea), and in a couple of moments of weakness afterwards due to stresses and stupid use of other drugs that made me feel shitty, I took some kratom and almost failed the whole thing. Had I dumped it out beforehand, it wouldn't have been an option and I'd have just had to deal with my shit.

Convincing yourself to keep it is just the addict in you playing games and attempting to maintain itself.

I know you are so right. It's like you toss away your safety net when u dump your stash. Always hard to do. I am doing my best to keep occupied, cleaning out the garage while my son plays with the neighbor kid. It's a terrible existence, staring at the clock, wishing it to speed up so u can say I survived another day...

About another hour or two until my son is in bed. Still have that 0.5 mg lorazepam and am thinking of taking that and watching a movie tonight. Yeah, or should I save for tomorrow (day 3 off poppy and day 5 off kratom).

My other thought was to have one or two beers (not a big alcohol drinker) to help me relax. Hoping to get up the courage to dump the remaining kratom tonight too...

Son is asleep. Took the one and only lorazepam and flushed all the muscle relaxers and all but 5 kratom caps. Hope to have the guts to flush the rest in the morning. Here is to surviving another day!

Survived another night. Ended up falling asleep half way through the movie and got myself up to bed shortly after 10. Slept until 12 then tossed, then 2 was awake until almost 3. Slept until my son woke me at 6 :)

Got to catch an episode of mr Rogers though.

Been experiencing low back and knee pain at night and in morning (noticed this before when withdrawing). May try to use some Advil or something to help.

This morning was just slight chills and a little nauseous. Currently out at a park and playground with a nice hot cup of coffee. Plan on tossing the remaining 5 kratom caps when I get home and also unsubscribing from my supplier's mailing list.

Good for you! What day are you on now? It sounds like you're in the turnaround phase.

My last dose of kratom was Monday morning and last of pods was on Wed. Anxiety at this point is the biggest issue. Typically a cup of mint tea with some kava in it helps calm me down, but I have to stop the day to do so.

I think once I can get back into a routine the anxiety will fade. I have been off work all week and taking care of my son nights and all day since yesterday. No chance to get to the gym and lift weights or go running, though I have taken him on as many short walks as he can tolerate.

Today we have a graduation party in about 3 hrs. I am hoping some adult interaction will help keep my mind off thjngs and my son will get to play with kids his age to hopefully tire him out.

Wife gets home tomorrow night and I CANNOT WAIT to see her and give her the biggest hug. Just the thought brings tears to my eyes as I have been emotionally shut off from her for so long.