• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV Product Review Thread

does anyone know if there are metal cookers available online anywhere? i havent had a search yet but im interested in getting a bunch because im not real comfortable using the same spoon over and over anymore. i sterilise it every time of course but im more comfortable with disposable shit for health and safety reasons.

I just splash some rubbing alcohol in the spoon, rinse it off, and shake it dry.

The SEP I go to gives out a bunch of metal cookers, but they aren't packaged. So, you watch the SEP worker stick their hand in half of them as they're bagging everything up for you...and you think "the spoon I have at home is probably more sterile".

I use the metal cookers they give out NOT for prepping shots tho - they are kind of infeasible for that. IMO they are convenient for having a little rubbing alcohol or water to clean out a used syringe or to clean out a dirty one for re-use if you're in dire straits.

I can find out if the exchange orders them or w/e for you.

I just splash some rubbing alcohol in the spoon, rinse it off, and shake it dry.

The SEP I go to gives out a bunch of metal cookers, but they aren't packaged. So, you watch the SEP worker stick their hand in half of them as they're bagging everything up for you...and you think "the spoon I have at home is probably more sterile".

I use the metal cookers they give out NOT for prepping shots tho - they are kind of infeasible for that. IMO they are convenient for having a little rubbing alcohol or water to clean out a used syringe or to clean out a dirty one for re-use if you're in dire straits.

I can find out if the exchange orders them or w/e for you.

nah its cool, ill check if the exchange here can get ahold of them. as far as i know they dont give them out - ive never asked and theyve never offered.

youre right, it easy throwing some rubbing alcohol into the spoon and letting it dry. i do kind like the spoon i use because it fits enough solution in for even for a plugging shot. i just get paranoid over using it over and over sometimes.

ive had no luck searching for anything smaller than a 27g luer lock syringe tip too which is a little disappointing but not too much of an inconvenience. when im doing those larger shots im only using once a day, mostly. so i guess its stick with the 26g tips i have now or order some 27's. im pretty comfortable with the 26g tips so ill wait the box out and look around for some then.

i could probably do with topping up on a new bottle of iso soon.

I live about 20 mins away (walking) from my local exchange and they give you free needles + stericups wich comes with a cotton and free water ampules and alco pads and either citric or vit c saches plus anything else you can think of ... torneys, alco gels ect.

Personly i used to like the 30g nevershares but recetly i like usuing the 27g myjectors because i ind them easier to suck up the solution and they squirt more straight then the nevershares.

All in all its quite brilliant because anything you want is 100% free and they give you copius amounts of everything. reading about you guys from other countrys having trouble getting rigs i think iv got it quite good here.

Those are my favorite to use; 31g, 5/16", 1/2 CC.

Thanks for the source, that is a REALLY good deal.

And yeah, they do have smooth plungers. Good stuff!

But yeah, at the exchange they typically have only 1CC's, and so I always use 10-20 units as well, it's tedious at times. 1/2CC's and 3/10 CC's rock for that reason, they're more accurate with smaller amounts of liquid.

Can i ask how you use the 1/2 CC's or the 3/10 CC's? Oh I forgot you shoot suboxone so you dont need that much water. I have shot suboxone in the past to keep from getting dopesick but I am back to shooting oxy, and I need at least 85 units of 1 CC to get the proper consistancy to be able to draw it up through the cotton, any less and it will "gel"

Can i ask how you use the 1/2 CC's or the 3/10 CC's? Oh I forgot you shoot suboxone so you dont need that much water. I have shot suboxone in the past to keep from getting dopesick but I am back to shooting oxy, and I need at least 85 units of 1 CC to get the proper consistancy to be able to draw it up through the cotton, any less and it will "gel"

Well, to be honest, most drugs I have IV'd don't need a lot of water.

I only used ~ 10 units of water for Suboxone, ketamine, meth, MDA, or cocaine (I don't IV this anymore, but have a few times). Only midazolam or flurazepam needed more than 50 units (and even then, if I had to fit either in 50 units, I could). However, now that I have micron filters, I can really fit anything into 10 units that I want to.

I get 1CC syringes from the exchange (tyipcally it's what they have), but I also buy 1/2CC because I find them to be superior.

Since you can fit 18mg of buprenorphine into 1 mL of water, I could technically create a solution which would require me to measure out less than 1 unit of solution. I decided that would be impossible to measure out, so I multiplied the figure by about 10. Most other drugs, you can fit a lot more into 1 mL of water.

If I were you, I'd just buy some microns.

Monoject Insulin Syringe 31g 5/16" 3/10cc

Monoject-Ultra-Comfort-31g-100.png

I purchased a 100 count box of these from americandiabeteswarehouse.com for $22.05 shipped because i couldn't order my regular BD's from canadadrugs due to time restraints.

Pros:
- Needle is very sharp (On par with Terumo, but not BD)
- Very thin, leaves almost no mark when used correctly
- Half unit markings (i.e. 12.5 units)
- The syringe itself is about a 1/2" shorter than 0.5cc syringes which i like

Cons:
- Metal quality is flimsy, BD has stronger steel
- Plunger action is not smooth, on par with 28G BD's
- Each syringe individually wrapped w/o plunger cap
- Not recommended for repeated use (i do not reuse syringes except to test for comparison purposes and other people's use)

I give the Monoject 31G 3/10cc syringes an 8.5 out of 10 and a recommendation.

The BD 31G 3/10cc syringe is still the best i've ever used and will continue to be my stand-by.

Whatman GD/X 0.2um 25mm Micron Filters

Whatmanfont-size2sup-sup-font-LSS_i_LBM57133.jpg

I purchased a number of these from gpzservices.com for $5.00 USD each. I would have gone through researchsupply.net, however they are out of the 0.2 micron filters.

They work really, really well and I'm working on the Micron Filter Mega Thread and FAQ as we speak.

These are completely worth $5 each, though they should be cheaper.

Last edited:
BD Ultra Fine II 31G, 3/10 CC, 5/16" tips

I got these from Canada Drugs, but they just upped their prices from $14.99 to $19.99 per 100 ct. Bastards, I know.

These are my favorite so far. 30 units isn't a lot of liquid but it's enough for the stuff I work with.

The quality control are great, the needle is of high quality, and I have no complaints other than I need more of them.

If you do go through Canada Drugs, expect 2 to 3 weeks for S&H. So order before you run out!

I typically use either BD 30g 1cc 1/2", or Kendall Monoject 29g 1 (or 1/2)cc 1/2", depending on what my exchange has around that day. I actually prefer the BD's, since I've had some trouble with plunger breakage on the Kendalls as well as issues with the plunger falling out the back of the loaded syringe when registering. Also, the Kendalls seem to bend a lot more easily.

:

Easy Touch Insulin Syringes 31G 5/16" 1cc 100 count Review

31 gauge, thats fuckinn real slim!. Anyways, the best syerenges Iv ever used are 1cc 28&1/2 gauge insulin syringes by BD....Hands down!.....edit, I ment to say 27g is fuckin huge. sorry.

Last edited:
31 gauge, thats fuckinn huge!!. Anyways, the best syerenges Iv ever used are 1cc 29gauge insulin syringes by BD....Hands down!

31G is actually the smallest/finest gauge that's readily available. I have also seen 32/33 G luer lock tips.

The larger the gauge number, the smaller the needle's gauge is. The smaller the gauge number, the larger the needle's gauge is.

Nevershare Syringes - Has anyone tried them?

Looking at buying these, great idea, color coded etc, I usually use the BD 31g's, but have people over too, who sometimes its hard for them to practice safety, and I end up burning through quite a few spikes just because someone sets one down, and then you don't know who's is who's.

So anyone shed some insight on quality/use over BD ultrafines?

Best Syringes for Plugging Heroin

I was shopping around for syringes on amazon to plug H with but I am just not sure which to purchase. So I ask the more experienced individuals on this board to help me pick. I use a pair of pliers to remove the needle from the syringes I have before use.

why not buy needless syringes? saves you the fucking around with pliers and needles, not always a good mix especially if under the influence.

i'm going to merge this into the IV product review thread to see if anyone has recomendations.

myseld, i use terume 3ml or 5ml luer lock syringes that are available from my NSP at the hospital in town. alternatively you can by oral syringes of the same size over the counter in pharmacies for like 20 cents.

though i understand you don't need syringes that big, and seeing as though you're going to be taking the tip off with pliers i would go for the cheapest to try out first. there's no point in buying the most expensive IV needles if you're only breaking them off.

I would think that the issue of if your using a micron filter or not is of much more importance here to your health.

The needle size(unless its rediculously large or tiny) shouldnt make much of a difference. The opiate in the pill dissolves into a water solution that can be pulled up through any syringe.