• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV Product Review Thread

I hope I'm not bringing back too old of a thread, but it was posted in last month and I thought that would be better than making a new thread. Since the "sourcing" in this thread is strictly for HR purposes, I was wondering if anyone can confirm an online source for IV equipment (specifically rigs) that have discreet shipping? My worst nightmare is a box showing up looking like the one Captain Heroin posted. I *think* you can legally buy syringes otc in my state (VA) but somehow I feel like the bible belt pharmacists may not comply with that. I haven't tried in years and then no one would sell them to me, but that might've been because of my age.

I hope I'm not bringing back too old of a thread, but it was posted in last month and I thought that would be better than making a new thread. Since the "sourcing" in this thread is strictly for HR purposes, I was wondering if anyone can confirm an online source for IV equipment (specifically rigs) that have discreet shipping? My worst nightmare is a box showing up looking like the one Captain Heroin posted. I *think* you can legally buy syringes otc in my state (VA) but somehow I feel like the bible belt pharmacists may not comply with that. I haven't tried in years and then no one would sell them to me, but that might've been because of my age.

Yes you can buy 100ct boxes of needles in Virginia. There is a state registry thing where they take down your information.

Thanks Captain! I went to my local walmart today and asked for a box. They were SO suspicious and frustrating. The woman I talked to went to talk to every other person working in the pharmacy, after asking for my license. When one of the women started making a phone call I got really paranoid but stayed calm and eventually she sold me a pack. I decided not to push my luck by asking for more.

So I am still wondering what I asked in my last post, does anyone know a website that ships discreetly? I'd also love to pick up some micron filters and sterile water.

As for the rigs I got today, I got:
Brand: ReliOn Insulin Syringes
Size: 29g, 1cc, 1/2inch

Pros:
Price. It was less than $2 for a pack of 10.
Caps. These come with both plunger caps and needle caps. Every syringe in the bag had both secured tightly and neither were hard to recap.
Overall, these appeared to be a good quality syringe. And personally, I was just thrilled to have a fresh new pack. I was using needles from the tractor/feed store the past few weeks.

Cons:
Plunger was a bit sticky...it wasn't as easy as I was used to to register by myself. But I think it will definitely be able to get used to it.

This is my first time using an insulin syringe. I have always used luer-lock syringes from a lab, or needles large enough for an elephant from the hay and feed store. I'm furious at myself because after using these, I doubt I would have the tracks and collapsed veins I have now if I had started using these when I was 16! I desperately want to order a box of them so I can use a fresh one every time but due to my living situation I need it to be discreet.

ReliOn Insulin Syringes - 30G 8mm (5/16") 1cc

purchased at: SuperWalmart Pharmacy (I was out of clean rigs and it was my only immediate option)
price: $2.09 for 10 pack

Pros:
- they were fairly cheap, especially when I found myself in a bind and really needed clean needles
- needle sharpness is decent. I got the needle smoothly in most of my sites, but some places were tougher and didn't go in as easily. It wasn't a struggle, just an annoyance when I'm used to sharper needles.

Cons:
- the plunger is horrible. It isn't smooth at all, it sticks, and it takes forever to draw water up into the syringe.

6.5 / 10 - I would only buy these again if I had to. My main complaint is how annoying the plunger action is, but the rig is decent if it's all I've got.

I love all these reviews, I like finding out what needles people like the best. I used to strongly prefer 31G but now would rather have 30G or 29G so it doesn't take so damn long to inject. I like 8mm for length, the needle exchange usually gives 12mm so I can deal with that, and I always end up with 1cc syringes even though I never use more than 35 units of water.

Now that I live 50 miles away from the nearest needle exchange, I'm going to start ordering gear online. I live with my parents though and they'll see the package. Does anyone know what sites will deliver in plain boxes? Would the return address be visible so it'd be obvious it came from a medical supplies site? Otherwise I'll have to figure out what pharmacies carry better brands than ReliOn and just deal with 10 packs. :/

Just purchased a 2cc (it said 2cc in 1/10cc, what does that mean exactly?) glass luer-lock syringe. It should be here within 10 days or so. Im ready to start gettin off Travolta Style 8) I'll let ya know how it turns out!

So my 2cc Micro-Mate glass hypodermic syringe made be Popper & sons inc. has just arrived and guess what, i totally forgot to buy needle tips!! fuck! So I need to order some before i can test drive this thing, any good brands? and ive never used a luer-lock before, besides the syringe and needle tip, is there anything else i need in order for it to be used properly? i dont wanna order needle tips and then find out I need yet another part before i can use it!

just got a pack of BD-U100's and so far I'm very pleased. they are extremely sharp, and after a week or two of having to resort to using dull needles I'm blown away by how easy it is to register compared to the old ones I had. the plunger is smooth as can be, needles are razor sharp, and they don't clog like some lower quality needles.

here's the specs that I always get: 1ml, 5/16th inch needle, 31 guage. with a fresh u-100 at 5/16ths it's so easy to register and because of the short needle I can push the needle all the way in without having to worry about slipping out or pushing through. anybody who is having difficulties should try a 5/16th inch 31 guage rig and you will never look back

So my 2cc Micro-Mate glass hypodermic syringe made be Popper & sons inc. has just arrived and guess what, i totally forgot to buy needle tips!! fuck! So I need to order some before i can test drive this thing, any good brands? and ive never used a luer-lock before, besides the syringe and needle tip, is there anything else i need in order for it to be used properly? i dont wanna order needle tips and then find out I need yet another part before i can use it!

damn that's oldschool, reminds me of these guys

NSFW:
junky-syringes.jpg

Last edited:
Down-I cant see the pic on my phone but next time im at a comp ill see what your your talking about. Ok so I just got so Nipro 30 gauge 1/2" needle tips. I cant find but 1 or 2 reviews on this WHOLE COMPANY. Weird... but they were cheap so i guess ill find out if they are good. Does anybody have experience with this brand, regardless of needle gauge and length?

I've never tried em. the only rigs I've ever had that were flat out bad were cvs brand syringes, came individually wrapped in a string cheese like wrapper. the plunger was extremely lubricated but they clogged constantly and weren't worth the like 12 cents I paid for them.

I do know that a few years ago there was a pretty huge recall by Nipro due to the fact that silicone was getting dislodged from either the needles or the syringes they made (i think syringes but i really dont know), but there was no cases of harm from this error. But that problem has since been fixed so i dont think i have anything to worry about. Im just kinda worried that they suck because there is absolutley nothing out there on them, its really weird.

I've never heard of/tried Nipro; I have only used Terumo, BD, and Walgreens brand insulin syringes.

Yeah, I've always had good experiences with the BD's and that is what I regularly use. I'm left having to go into the only veins I have left, which are the smaller ones in my hands and wrists, so I use the BD Ultra-Fine 1CC 5/16" 31G syringes. Always work well.

i've never had a pack of BD's that have been good. as i said earlier in this thread i've always found their plungers stiff, have had problems with tips being crooked or unable to draw shots and the actual needle feeling as though it was blunt itself, making i even worse when you've got a stiff plunger trying to register or push the shot in.

i've seriously only had 2 or 3 defective terumo 1cc insulin rigs out of the thousands i've used.

When i was still IVing heroin/sub I used Reli On 1cc 30G 5/16 inch syringes. I would buy a 100 pack normally, which was around 13 dollars. A single package was under 2 dollars though the last time I asked for one they told me they were no longer selling individual bags. I don't know whether they were telling me the truth or just lying because they didn't want to sell me any needles. I didn't have enough for a box at the time so I had to go home and grab some more cash to afford a whole box which they sold to me.

I know it's kind of irrelevent but I thought I'd mention it as buying a single bag may no longer be available at wal mart if they were telling me the truth.

The 100 pack comes with 10-10 packs of syringes which are not individually wrapped. I prefer ones that are not individually wrapped as it causes less waste and you don't need to tear open a package every time you get a new rig.

The syringes themselves I havent had any problems with really. They have reasonably smooth plunger action, and easily suck up a solution without any problem. The needle sharpness is usually good though there will usually be a few in my pack of 100 that seem to be slightly less sharp than others. You could probably get away with using them 2-3 times and they will still be sharp enough to penetrate very easily, though I personally use a brand new needle every time unless I happen to run out, in which case I will use the last few I had used 1 more time each until I pick up another box.

I strongly suggest if you're a daily IV user to spend the money to get a box of 100. I know when your addicted to some sort of opiate you IV you tend to not have a lot of disposable income, and opt for the 10 packs because they are cheap, but in most cases in my experience people who just buy 1 bag of rigs will end up using each of them 2-3 times before they get another one causing damage to their veins. Something I do to ensure I don't reuse needles too many times is break the tip after I've used it twice. This forces me to buy a new package once my needles are all very unfit for use.

Do yourself a favor and just spend the 13 bucks for a pack of 100, you'll be set for a while in if you do end up running out you'll have plenty of rigs you can wash and use once more. Obviously it isn't advisable to use a syringe more than once, but twice isn't that terrible and is much better than using the ones from a 10 pack countless times until you finally get another one. 13 bucks man that's around 1 bag of dope most places...not a huge deal and helpful in the long run.

For the price they are well worth it. The needle size works for me as I don't need to hit veins that are deep, I have plenty that are clearly visible close to the surface.

I have had 1 or 2 clog since I started using them, but considering I've gone through hundreds it isn't a common problem with them. I'd rate them an 9/10 for the price and reliability. I've had BD's in the recent past which many consider the best brand, and quite honestly these are pretty much on par with the BD's maybe with slightly lesser quality, which the price more than makes up for. A 90 pack of BD's goes for around 20$ while a 100 pack of these goes for 13$.

So CH youve never heard of them either? By the looks of things, this brand is pretty unknown, not a good sign. On their website they say they use "FLOMAX" technology with their needles: The needle walls are real thin to allow smooth flow in and out of the needle. Sounds like it might be unusually flimsy compared to other more popular brands. They should be coming in today or tomorrow an I will report on both the Nipro needle tips and the glass Popper & sons syringe.

I retract my former review of Reli-On rigs. They're actually quite nice, I think I just got two with bad plungers but I've been getting 10-packs regularly and haven't had any problems. 10/10 (wicked cheap too!)

Best I can find in pharms or at needle exchange are Terumo 1ml 26Gx 0,45x13mm U100 Insulin or Quidnovi Extrafine 26G 0,45x13mm, they're perfect for me, very sharp needle resulting in easier procedure, zero pain and very little force needed when entering into a vein, resulting in a less traumatic injection with a quicker healing.

Worst brand I had the misfortune to use is PIC\ARTSANA 27G 1ml, most terrible needles ever, a javelin sized is better than this blunt shit.

Whatman PDVF Wheel Filter

I know this is a VERY old post, but for HR and the record, I use Whatman PDVF filters daily... For at least a year now. I use the .22ug and .45ug along with a 10cc BD Lure Lock syringe barrel.

I have wonderful luck. First make your solution as you want, instead of a cotton suck it up into the syringe barrel (yes dirty into the barrel. Add ~1 to 4cc air and then screw on the filter. Next push the solution through the filter into/onto a clean surface (I use glass 1/2 dram screw caps from Amazon or EBay. You should have a beautiful clear solution.

Last edited: