• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV Product Review Thread

Since Terumos can be a little difficult to find, I thought I'd point out americandiabeteswholesale.com has the entire Thinpro line for cheap. ~$13 per 100, or $60 for 500, cheap shipping from FL (discreet, too) to US and Canada, and they ship same day if you order before 3PM ET.

I like how some of them are categorized under "Pet Diabetes Supplies" :p

Easytouch are the shittiest syringes EVER. Seriously they are dull and 1 out of 10 are defective. No exageration.. out of your box of 100 expect 10 or more with fucked up tips, missing caps, etc.. I feel like I am pushing a paper clip into my arm.

I personally use 28g 1/2" .5cc Terumo. Wont have it any other way. & they are free at teh exchange (even though I usually just buy them atthe local pharmacy fo $3.15 per 10.

I usually get 28G terumo 1cc ones at the local exchange which is at the hospital. I couldn't make it to the hospital today so I went and bought what i could from the closest pharmacy, at first she shows me 25G ones, and i'm like no no, show me something else and she's like we only got that else :

BD 1ml syringe 27G x 1/2 TB
Slip Tip with BD PrecisionGlide Needle
27Gx1/2 (0.4mm X 13mm)

I can't say i like those very much, they have this grey part that goes with the needle and is detachable...when i registered for a shot earlier, some blood was stuck there afterwards, which makes me think some of my shot was too...i never saw needles like this and I can't really describe the name of this thing, i found this tiny pic which shows what I mean though :

3.jpg

Are drugs getting stuck in this thing ? Cos my last shot definitely felt weaker than usual...

there's probably a tiny amount being left behind but not enough to short your shot that much that it makes a noticeable difference. i experience the same with blood/fluid in the luer lock tips i attach to 5mL Terumo barrels - well they're actually measured to 6mL now.

^Trust me man, there's no significant amount of anything leftover in the Luer Lock syringes, if anything was weaker it was the product, there's no way that you could feel the difference between the luer lock and a regular insulin rig.

I gotta say that I'm exclusive to Terumo, I get the 1mL and 5mLs for next to no money with free shipping, they are my favorite syringes by far.

^Trust me man, there's no significant amount of anything leftover in the Luer Lock syringes, if anything was weaker it was the product, there's no way that you could feel the difference between the luer lock and a regular insulin rig.

I gotta say that I'm exclusive to Terumo, I get the 1mL and 5mLs for next to no money with free shipping, they are my favorite syringes by far.

I get the 3 mL luer lock + 23G 1" and the 29G 1/2" 1cc insulin syringes for free at the exchange. No S&H. %)

I actually know someone who has IV'd with a 3 mL several times, they leave a small air bubble in there so that it pushes the last of the liquid through. It's important not to IV more than a very small amount of air, however - I wanted to point this out.

As an alternative, I would just re-register close to the end to double check I'm still in the vein - this will re-dilute the last amount of drug, so what little is left over is even more so insignificant.

Ok these syringes i bought fucking suck. They have a hard time drawing up liquid through cotton, well, with brand name dilaudids, it does it perfectly, but with extremely ground up hydromorph contin beads, it just does not work. Nothing comes in at all, it just sucks up air, and a solution of extracted hydromorphone from these is clear, so you don't really see if you're pulling out something or not.

Is it because 27G isn't adequate ? I don't know, next time i'm not paying anything and walking to the hospital to get injection kits...i can't believe i wasted 4,60 on this (just kidding), i'm more concerned by the fact i seem to have lost some doses of hydromorphone because of them.

I swear man there's no way there's a noticeable amount of drug left in that deadspace, but I'd still prefer insulin needles for intravenous drug delivery.

They are insulin needles, that's how i got them. And i know i'm not losing any because of the luer luck, or i'm losing insignificant parts.

What i'm saying is that it is unable to suck a solution made out of crushed hydromorph contin beads totally.

i've used sterifilt filters (mainly a UK thing? from needle exchange. sold on www.exchangesupplies.org) for filtering heroin, amphetamine (straight off the street, manky i know but it's so fucking weak otherwise), methoxetamine, ketamine, ethylphenidate. i've used them with the coloured nevershare syringes or those usual BD microfine 29g,whatever the common insulin ones with red cap are.

i find them really easy to use, not really sure what they filter out. with heroin the membrane goes dark brown/black in places, with the others no colour change. the only bad experience i have had with them is

1. putting them on. the shape of the filter seems to have changed a bit, which makes it vary needle to needle how easily it will snap on. a couple times i've bent the needle when it's popped out of my hand whilst clipping it on.

2. taking them off. because they snap on, you have to pull them apart quite hard. one time it jerked off and my hand recoiled and i impaled my thumb on the fucking needle. obviously not that big of a deal as i hadn't shared the needle, but should have really backloaded into a new syringe/needle but just used the same.

sometimes when sucking up stuff from a spoon with a flat bottom, the filter seems to form a vaccum seal with the spoon, just lean the syringe over a bit to break the seal and continue.

all in all, a product that i would rather use than not use (i.e. use cottons) as i feel it is safer than cotton (for one it's sterile, for two it doesn't give cotton fever, for three it retains less drug than a cotton), but does have a couple small issues.

I hate the cvs brand ones. clog up so damn easy. cheap though, like xx cents per

LT_Minisart-_0422_RGB_2759d6fe68.jpg

http://www.sartorius.com/en/product/product-detail/17597-k/

Description

Minisart® NML syringe filters for fast and reliable filtration of small to medium volumes. Complete ready-to-connect filter units are trusted in the laboratory. The reason: they eliminate time consuming preparatory work, such as changing out the filter and cleaning the filtration system. These labor saving units are used for a wide variety of applications such as sample cleaning, particle removal or sterile filtration.

Product properties

Pack size
Membrane material
Surfactant-free cellulose acetate (SFCA)
Housing material
Meta acrylate butadiene styrene polymerisate (MBS)
Glass fibre prefilter
No
Packaging
ETO-sterile
Type
Syringe filter with male Luer Slip
Diameter
28 mm
Reaction to water
Hydrophilic
Pore size
0,2 µm
Technical attributes

Color
Blue
Filter diameter
28 mm
Filtration area
6,2 cm²
Hold-up volume
0,15 ml
Maximum Pressure
4,5 bar
Max. temperature
50 °C
Connectors Inlet
Female luer lock
Connectors Outlet
Male luer slip
Sterilisation
No additional sterilisation

got me a heap of these at the Biala Exchange in Brisbane while i was out of town over the last few days. no complaints whatsoever. definitely work the best after first filtering through a cig filter then running it through the micron.

8/10 i guess, would recommend!

^Yeah, as I've found, especially with the smaller pore sizes like 0.2um, you MUST prefilter or you're going to have a bad time. Great review man, thanks.

no probs! thought i'd resurrect this thread since i just acquired these and have used them with great success!

I use Whatman GD/X.2 exclusively and occasionally come across a good deal, but most I just buy from getpinz.com

A rather new company celltreat.com sales all types of filters as well for dirt cheap
Syringe Filter, PVDF, 0.10µm, 13mm Diameter Blue PVDF 75 $48.00
Syringe Filter, PVDF, 0.22µm, 30mm Diameter Blue PVDF 30 $40.00
Syringe Filter, PVDF, 0.22µm, 13mm Diameter Blue PVDF 75 $48.00

These are cool because they come in the .10u and can get 75 for 48 dollars.

I have used all of their filters (very generous with free samples) and they work well. I use them to make a subutex solution to last for a week with some bac water. Since it doesn't have that tripe stack membrane that Whatman has, the final product isn't as good. I would rate it at a 7 out of 10. Prefilter using cotton, use the .22, and then use the .10. They have better flow than Millipore though

For subutex pills from Hi Tech which are tiny, these are a good option, but the other generics contain way too much fillers and Whatman is the only way to go.

The celltreat would be good for people shooting smaller pills and they are cheap as shit. Let me know if you find hookup for the 2 dollar Whatmans!

The best insulin needles out there!

735Omnican_100_1_.jpg

Hey guys. I'm going to do some advertising for my favorite brand of needles, they are just as sharp as bd's , just as smooth on the plunger , come in 30g long tips (12mm) and best of all you can simply pop the caps off when you need to switch the needle or after finishing which locks it into the orange cap to prevent danger of hurting yourself or others. I know that this is supposed to be possible with 30g Bd short-tips as well but with the Braun Omnican series it's as easy as playing with lego!

http://www.bbraun.com/cps/rde/xchg/bbraun-com/hs.xsl/products.html?id=00020742770000000076&prid=PRID00000049 producer link

Alternatively you can get your hands on the nevershare syringe which is basically a Braun 1 ml Omnican customized for drug users (they come in like 5-6 assorted colours so you don't mix your rigs up and they are marked in ML instead of units)

It's basically the same price or cheaper if you get it from www.exchangesupplies.org .

The Omnicans can be ordered cheaply from German company's or Ebay.