• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV Product Review Thread

I just got a few terumo 25g, removable tip tuberculin syringes, they were laying around the office. just sitting there.

they are very nice, glide well and are decent for up to about 10 uses. I use mine at least 10 times per rig, washing with alcohol diluted and other times diluted bleach.
after 10, its fairly dull.

terumo makes nice works tho. I used to be able to get these and 31g tips (since you can remove the needle tip on some terumos), and I would have that nice thin 31g on there, and I had enough fresh tips so that I would use the same barrel but new tips each time. dilluted bleach washes and alcohol applications to the puncture area, of course.

The needle exchange bus down philly is so hard to catch with their schedule.

If you're using a syringe 10 times then its worth buying some. They really aren't THAT expensive and IME you will start getting pretty gnarly track marks after 3-4 uses. And 25G?? Ouch

EDIT: Has anyone ever ordered the Terumo 30G 3/10cc 3/8" syringes from getpinz.com(gpzservices.com)?? I'm curious to know how they are, i'm starting to get to the point where a 1cc syringe is way to big

Last edited:
I have used so many, but I keep coming back to the
BD 31g 5/16" 100cc or 50cc..

Once, I was given a few of the everpresent Terumo 27g 100cc monsters.. Only ONCE was I ever able to hit a vein properly with one of those beasts.. Too big! Any mistakes, and I'm bleeding all over the damned place.

I don't know what it is, but my veins seem to have minds of their own. I'm the type of skinny guy that usually has veins popping out of my arms, all the time. I haven't even hit most of the big ones that used to pop out because they seem to have disappeared, and they won't pop out even with a tourniquet strapped on. It's all little veins, these days.

I have used so many, but I keep coming back to the
BD 31g 5/16" 100cc or 50cc..

Once, I was given a few of the everpresent Terumo 27g 100cc monsters.. Only ONCE was I ever able to hit a vein properly with one of those beasts.. Too big! Any mistakes, and I'm bleeding all over the damned place.

I don't know what it is, but my veins seem to have minds of their own. I'm the type of skinny guy that usually has veins popping out of my arms, all the time. I haven't even hit most of the big ones that used to pop out because they seem to have disappeared, and they won't pop out even with a tourniquet strapped on. It's all little veins, these days.

This means your veins have collapsed, and it is in your best interest in stop IVing drugs.

I do agree though that the 27G's are rather large, and I prefer a BD 31G 5/16" 50CC. At the moment, I'm working with BD 28G 1/2" 50CC.

Yo Dank,do you know if your hookup for those micron filters ship to Canada?Also what kind of payment do they accept?Im gonna have to go get a pre-paid master card probably.

I'm almost out of micron filters and need more since I IV my MS Contin.if possible,just PM me with the info.

I live in a state with some of the best syringe laws in the U.S. Anyone is able to purchase them at a pharmacy.

The BD's are nice if you're a heroin user if you get the kind with the clear bottom caps. I always get 31g,1cc,short tip, and with the clear ends, you can see how much dope/water is in the cap.

Walgreens sometimes (rarely it seems now) has 30g , 1cc, short tip syringes. Much easier to register with,

I don't like 1/2 cc rigs at all. Too small for me. Can usually only fit in 40ish units comfortably. I like using around 80 , in case I start to miss, I don't lose too much.

Would love to get a glass syringe with a set of screw on tips that also fit micron filters. AKA pulp fiction style.

-lenses

I live in a state with some of the best syringe laws in the U.S. Anyone is able to purchase them at a pharmacy.

The BD's are nice if you're a heroin user if you get the kind with the clear bottom caps. I always get 31g,1cc,short tip, and with the clear ends, you can see how much dope/water is in the cap.

Walgreens sometimes (rarely it seems now) has 30g , 1cc, short tip syringes. Much easier to register with,

I don't like 1/2 cc rigs at all. Too small for me. Can usually only fit in 40ish units comfortably. I like using around 80 , in case I start to miss, I don't lose too much.

Would love to get a glass syringe with a set of screw on tips that also fit micron filters. AKA pulp fiction style.

-lenses

What state is that?

You can get glass syringes but i think it would be way more work that it would be cool. Although, sometimes i feel pretty bad about the amount of waste i produce weekly from syringes, packaging, cotton balls, alcohol pads. I fill up a freezer ziploc bag every week.

-lenses

Yeah, along with dopiate, I'd like to know what state you reside in.

I like using less units so that I have less opportunity to slip out in the first place, but I understand if you are going to miss, it's better to miss and lose just a tiny bit instead a great deal of your dose.

I have good technique so I rarely miss, so I don't mind using 10 to 20 units for everything.

Im from arkansas and its the same way. For a backwoods state, they dont give a shit about points. You dont even have to be 18 to buy them, my 17 year old friend (then, not now) bought them all the time when we were younger.

As for brands i go for BD 31 gauge 1cc shorts when I got the money, (theyre 2.90 at walmart with tax), and reli on when i dont (2.04 or something with tax)

BD Ultra-Fine II 31G 5/16" 3/10cc Syringes

896702-bd-syringe-31g-1-2cc-5-16n-side.jpg

I purchased 2x100 count boxes of these from canadadrugs.com for $14.99 each. Which is an amazing deal. $36.00 shipped with the only downside being a little over a week to get to me. BD syringes come in boxes of 100 and packaged in packs of 10.

I ordered these because i was tired of using the 28G fits that they hand out at the needle exchange.

Pros:
- Needle is extremely sharp, there is zero pain when inserting, re-use could easily be 3-4 times if i re-used
- Plunger action is very smooth (uncharacteristic for BD)
- Registering is actually not that bad, filling the syringe is much slower than 28G but much better than the 31G Easy Touch
- 3/10cc makes it easy to dispense exactly the right amount (i only use 15-20cc at a time)
- Leaves almost zero track mark and blood, 28G gave me significant marks/pain/blood after injection while these have none of those, its remarkable
- Needle length is perfect for my everyday use, my veins are easily accessible and i do not need more than 1/4" in most cases

Cons:
- 3/10cc are fairly short, which i imagine could make it difficult for people who have large hands (although i have very large hands and i have no problem)
- BD syringes do not have a 'catch' for the plunger at the end of the barrel so you don't accidentally pull out
- For people with deeper veins or collapsed veins these tips could be too short. I have no problem but some people may have difficulty

These are by far the best syringes i have ever used and I could happily use these from now on.

I give the BD 31G 5/16" 3/10cc Syringes a 9.5 out of 10 and a high recommendation for those with accessible veins.

nice review dopiate:) i might try and seek out some of them the next time im hooked up with something to inject. hopefully the hospital will have them or i'll have to try out a few pharmacies. failing that i can always order online. thats a really good price for 200 points.

i see that the plunger has a smooth action. on every BD that i've used it's been the total opposite. at times it was that hard to push the plunger down that it started to bend from not sliding down, ultimately leaving me with a nice track mark and ripping the vein up a little from going right through it and having the tip dig around from not being able to hold the needle steady with the pressure thats trying to push the plunger down.

fuck that last sentence was long, ehh im high and it makes sense to me.

fuck that last sentence was long, ehh im high and it makes sense to me.

Hahah, that's exactly what i was thinking while i was reading it.

Anyways, ya, give them a shot. All the BD's i've gotten before are just like you say, stiff. But these were extremely smooth. If you have fairly accessible veins (w/ or w/o a tourniquet ) then i highly recommend them.

P.S> I'm pretty sure the package i got from canadadrugs.com came via UK parcel post. It still was absolutely the best deal i could find by 100%. The box they came in looked to be a previous generation but the expiration date still had a few years.

awesome, thats good to know brother, much appreciated :D ill definitely be looking into them in the near future. im taking a break from IVing at the moment because im in the process of getting myself into an in patient rehab and detox where i can re-assess my pain threshold and then start seeing a PM Doc. i think ill be in the program for at least six months which will include daily therapy sessions, group sessions, etc etc etc which will be all mandatory...so there will be no room for me to slip through the gaps. its something i really need at the moment and im overly excited over the prospect of being able to compete in it.

thanks again for your input, its greatly appreciated by myself and im sure some of the other posters will benefits from it :)

micro-filters link needed...

sigh, simple question, please don't get all nasty (although new here, have already gotten some 'lovely' undeserved attitude from a few), yes i used the search function and got million references to using these but no picture of what one actually looks like or where exactly to get...

does anyone have a link for ordering these? i do not know what they look like exactly (never heard of them before reading around this site) and when i tried googling to order some there was some very strange stuff that came up on a search for micro-filters (pictures were not anything that i could see how one could use for purpose needed here).

just a link, that's all i need from someone.
thank you.

highly recommend the BD's 30g, 1/2" needle, either 3/10 cc or 1/2 cc. BD's have by far imho the sharpest needles. leaves no mark at all.

for those of you that found the plunger stiff, might have been because the box was old (even if expiration date is still good, doesn't mean that syringe was not made a bunch of years ago and sitting around some hot warehouse for too long). if you just move the plunger up and down a few times before starting to draw that should re-spread the lubricant inside syringe and make the plunger move smoother, but if you get "freshly made" BD's they are extremely smooth. 30g are awesome for me, since after 25 years of IV'ing they can hit the tiny veins i only have left to use. i'm pretty thin person but i could never use those shortie needles, ick. they do not feel like they are securely in vein and the slightest movement as you are pulling back to register or pushing shot in (plus i always double check that i'm still in vein nice by re-registering 1/2way through shot) and would miss with them. also they force you to go in at an angle i don't like since bottom of syringe is in way since needle is so damn short.
ordering is from hocks.com and they will ship to any state (i'm in NY) no questions asked and shipping is very fast.
tumero's are second best, just are not as fine a quality needle as BD's. (and i find them 'too lubricated' and the plunger can slide all the way out back if not careful).

worst are GNP. sure the price is great for a box of 100, but damn those needles will rip apart a vein they are so damn dull.

thank you dopaite for the review of the whatman filters. :)

Last edited:
one more question?
so after looking at the pictures, one must use a luer lock syringe for the actual filtering with micron filter? (hey look that could be the reason my BL and google searches did not turn up what i needed, i was looking for 'micro filter' instead of micron filter 8). oh well, blame the extra morphine and OC's done today...)

thanks highonlife. im gonna go ahead and merge this in to the IV product review thread

spike up

does anyone know if there are metal cookers available online anywhere? i havent had a search yet but im interested in getting a bunch because im not real comfortable using the same spoon over and over anymore. i sterilise it every time of course but im more comfortable with disposable shit for health and safety reasons.

my latest score from the SEP at my hospital. also, theyve just installed a syringe vending machine that is available after hours which is great news:)

• in the last 3 weeks i stocked up on a box of 100ct 3mL and 5mL terumo barrels, a box of each. ive been using the 3mL barrels for plugging and the 5mL barrels for IV since im using mscontins, shooting up to 240-300mg of 60mg tablets so its obvious why my shot is so big. if youve never felt like a junkie using normal 1cc needles, wait until you have a 5mL barrel sticking out of your arm - fucking gangsta
  • 26g tips cause they didnt have anything smaller at the exchange- injecting once a day isnt too bad with these especially with a good technique, theyre a breeze to register veins a little further under the skin.
  • i also got a box of swipes.
  • another 20pack of 27g sharps - i take the tips off and use them to prep smaller shots of morphine.
  • a heap of cotton filters. i draw my shots through these first and then cycle them through a micron. it makes sure for a good, clear solution.
  • and a few sin bins - yellow disposable bins

when i get home later ill either take some photos of them or upload pics from google for the corresponding brand of each consumable.

im just in the process of find some luer lock tips that are between 28-30g. id go 31 guage but when im using 3mL of solution i can see me getting frustrated over how long it will take to do the shot. halfway through a 3mL barrel and im already high, having to concentrate on the rest of the shot. does anyone have any recommendations of luer lock tips?

oh and im ordering some new microns

:)

BD Ultra-Fine II 31G 5/16" 3/10cc Syringes

896702-bd-syringe-31g-1-2cc-5-16n-side.jpg

I purchased 2x100 count boxes of these from canadadrugs.com for $14.99 each. Which is an amazing deal. $36.00 shipped with the only downside being a little over a week to get to me. BD syringes come in boxes of 100 and packaged in packs of 10.

I ordered these because i was tired of using the 28G fits that they hand out at the needle exchange.

Pros:
- Needle is extremely sharp, there is zero pain when inserting, re-use could easily be 3-4 times if i re-used
- Plunger action is very smooth (uncharacteristic for BD)
- Registering is actually not that bad, filling the syringe is much slower than 28G but much better than the 31G Easy Touch
- 3/10cc makes it easy to dispense exactly the right amount (i only use 15-20cc at a time)
- Leaves almost zero track mark and blood, 28G gave me significant marks/pain/blood after injection while these have none of those, its remarkable
- Needle length is perfect for my everyday use, my veins are easily accessible and i do not need more than 1/4" in most cases

Cons:
- 3/10cc are fairly short, which i imagine could make it difficult for people who have large hands (although i have very large hands and i have no problem)
- BD syringes do not have a 'catch' for the plunger at the end of the barrel so you don't accidentally pull out
- For people with deeper veins or collapsed veins these tips could be too short. I have no problem but some people may have difficulty

These are by far the best syringes i have ever used and I could happily use these from now on.

I give the BD 31G 5/16" 3/10cc Syringes a 9.5 out of 10 and a high recommendation for those with accessible veins.

Those are my favorite to use; 31g, 5/16", 1/2 CC.

Thanks for the source, that is a REALLY good deal.

And yeah, they do have smooth plungers. Good stuff!

But yeah, at the exchange they typically have only 1CC's, and so I always use 10-20 units as well, it's tedious at times. 1/2CC's and 3/10 CC's rock for that reason, they're more accurate with smaller amounts of liquid.