• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is opiod addiction the worst addiction?

So why is there a opioide crisis in the USA
It's a combinations of a few things I'll mist them in order of their contribution. I'm assuming by "crisis" you mean mass death...not just ppl taking opioids.

1. Because they made prescription opioids essentially illegal which weren't killing as many people And opened the flood gates foe fentanyl which started killing ppl like crazy.

2. Point 1. Coincided with the obliteration of the middle class and loss of the American dream (suicide also increased, see "diseases of despair")

3. America has a very weak sense of community and family vs. Countries like Mexico for example. Ppl are lonely and have nobody to lean on.

4. We have the highest prison population on earth per capita and its mostly drugs. So we destroy anyone caught with drugs life permanently (they can never have a job again; we cage them with violent animals that traumatize them [the guards and violemt inmates])...which feed directly into point #2. Ppl with a felony convictions life is pretty much ruined permanently and there is no motivation to get off drugs at that point.

Last edited:
It's a combinations of a few things I'll mist them in order of their contribution. I'm assuming by "crisis" you mean mass death...not just ppl taking opioids.

1. Because they made prescription opioids essentially illegal which weren't killing as many people And opened the flood gates foe fentanyl which started killing ppl like crazy.

2. Point 1. Coincided with the obliteration of the middle class and loss of the American dream (suicide also increased, see "diseases of despair")

3. America has a very weak sense of community and family vs. Countries like Mexico for example. Ppl are lonely and have nobody to lean on.

4. We have the highest prison population on earth per capita and its mostly drugs. So we destroy anyone caught with drugs life permanently (they can never have a job again; we cage them with violent animals that traumatize them [the guards and violemt inmates])...which feed directly into point #2. Ppl with a felony convictions life is pretty much ruined permanently and there is no motivation to get off drugs at that point.
Thanks for the heads up !

I consider gambling the worst that society has to offer.
This is a good and unresearched point.

There's this soft white underbelly interview with a famous Greek gambler I think his name is Archie korakas or something.

Anyways the guy went from poverty to 40 million over two years then lost all of it in Vegas.

He discussed how he does no drugs or drinking but the stress of the addiction caused him heart problems.

But in general I wouod say that gambling doesn't destroy the bodies organs like real drugs so its not as bad as an addiction for that reason alone. Definitely the most expensive addiction tho

I am from Holland . Vendors here are legit and legal . Also fentanyl isn't seen here so much, damn you must know how safe Holland feels :) i am glad i live here , no guns and shit .
Can you comment on how accessible opioids are legally from doctors doe chronic pain patients in Holland?

In America they instantly cut most people with disabilities and horrible disease off around 2016.

I've seen paralyzed ppl, ppl with cancer etc. Not able to get prescriptions....is it like this too in Holland?

Benzos are hands-down the worst/hardest withdrawals IME, and potentially deadly. Makes opioid w/d feel like a picnic on a breezy Summer's day by comparison. Nothing on God's green earth eases the symptoms, they're not linear & can drag on for YEARS if you're unlucky. I attempted suicide 2wice during my 2.5 year acute withdrawal (I quit etizolam cold turkey after about 9 months of daily use). I've had a TBI and would take 10 more TBI's over one more benzo withdrawal. In fact I couldn't do it--I'd end myself first.

In terms of how bad the CRAVINGS are for the drugs, benzos were nearly 0. I didn't want to take them at all, in fact the sight of them made me nauseous. Opioid & stimulant cravings are by far worse. Been a daily user of both for 21 years as a result. But overall they improve my life more than worsen it.

This is a good and unresearched point.

There's this soft white underbelly interview with a famous Greek gambler I think his name is Archie korakas or something.

Anyways the guy went from poverty to 40 million over two years then lost all of it in Vegas.

He discussed how he does no drugs or drinking but the stress of the addiction caused him heart problems.

But in general I wouod say that gambling doesn't destroy the bodies organs like real drugs so its not as bad as an addiction for that reason alone. Definitely the most expensive addiction tho
If you gamble your life away , it does damage indirectly to the organs .

Don’t know what area you’re set on gauging yet I know as far as DTs go alcohol seems to be brutal, this and benzodiazepines are the 2 that withdrawal can be deadly. Opiates are a bitch I’d lived in S fla when it was popping n opiates had me change from a person that made every move based on moral compass n and had my head on straight and was saw as a “role model” type of person to a full blow POS that’d cut ya if you were in my way of acquiring an opiate. Lost everything due to opiates yet I’ll mess w em like once every month or 2 but feel like I should have a strong hate for them for life but it’s apparently overlooked

Can you comment on how accessible opioids are legally from doctors doe chronic pain patients in Holland?

In America they instantly cut most people with disabilities and horrible disease off around 2016.

I've seen paralyzed ppl, ppl with cancer etc. Not able to get prescriptions....is it like this too in Holland?
No its not hard in Holland , someone that needs it will get it. But people with cancer are being cut off? Is the USA that bad ?

Its so good that even if you needed to go to jail and you are dependent on something you will just get it prescribed in jail or tapered .

Benzos are hands-down the worst/hardest withdrawals IME, and potentially deadly. Makes opioid w/d feel like a picnic on a breezy Summer's day by comparison. Nothing on God's green earth eases the symptoms, they're not linear & can drag on for YEARS if you're unlucky. I attempted suicide 2wice during my 2.5 year acute withdrawal (I quit etizolam cold turkey after about 9 months of daily use). I've had a TBI and would take 10 more TBI's over one more benzo withdrawal. In fact I couldn't do it--I'd end myself first.

In terms of how bad the CRAVINGS are for the drugs, benzos were nearly 0. I didn't want to take them at all, in fact the sight of them made me nauseous. Opioid & stimulant cravings are by far worse. Been a daily user of both for 21 years as a result. But overall they improve my life more than worsen it.
I have been using benzo's for years now . I have never been dependant and with just avoiding increasing doses and not take for 24/48 hours i can use indefinitely tbh without forming dependancy . I rlly don't understand the big hassle about benzo's tbh . Why would you take 5 mg of Xanax and extreme high doses of benzo's ? I think benzo's get bad reputation by people just abusing them , if you take it as prescribed they are very handy .

Having personally had issues with the following things and would rate the withdrawal/addictions in the following order

1. Benzos - RC benzos usually, so basically had unlimited amounts at cheap prices. You can take insane doses and barely spend anything. Etizolam + a 1.75L a day booze habit landed me in rehab my first stint several years ago. Just benzos the next (a few months ago), though at much higher dosages. Still experiencing a decent amount of insomnia and general feeling of not giving a fuck about anything. Lost like 70 pounds in the past year, been gaining it back. Trying not to fuck up and start using again. I'm just a really anxious person, and that's usually how it starts. Then it becomes daily, then a few times a day, then need it to sleep at all. I don't even usually have 'fun' with this shit, I just want to stop feeling like a worthless/anxious piece of shit. And it's basically the only class of drugs that I can do that with (other than weed) and still (usually) be somewhat functional. For a while anyway, addiction tends to creep up and if you don't have a tapering plan you're fucked.

2. Opiates - For me, I have been addicted to opiates several times but always managed to just stop and take the shitty feelings. I enjoyed them the best mixed with benzos, so I'm pretty lucky I didn't die back when I was ordering pods, U4, and fent analouges, or recently with O-DSMT/2-MAP although those sucked comparatively. I can't get pills I trust anymore (used to get like 30-40 roxy 15s a month for a few years and do em a couple days in a row) and never used heroin. I'm sure I could have, know plenty of people who did it/do it although it's all fent here now. Of these withdrawals U4 was the worst although the main part of the withdrawals only lasted 3-4 days or so. Pod tea withdrawals lasted longer but my dose wasn't as high comparatively. The fentalouges (furanyl-fent / butryl-fent I recall offhand) were pretty bleh I felt, made some nasal sprays, better than O-DSMT / 2-MAP though. I dunno, I just prefer benzos if we're talking an everyday thing. I mostly just want to feel 'normal' and I'm usually very anxious and have insomnia basically every night. I love opiates too, but they never wrapped me up the way benzos did. I can see how it would be that way for some people.

3. Alcohol - I've only been addicted to alcohol once but it coincided with a period of heavy opiate/benzo use as well. I kicked the opiates cold, but kept up the drinking and benzos, in fact stopping the opiates probably accelerated the alcohol looking back. Odd thing, took me till my late 20s, before that I never really drank. Was unemployed, depressed, probably a bit more suicidal than usual, just stopped caring. Sipped on 1.75L or more all day of shitty Canadian whisky while taking all sorts of RC benzos, ending when I just had some etizolam/a few ativan and had to get my ass to rehab before I died. I don't really care for the taste or effects, and can't really pin the withdrawal symptoms I had on the alcohol/benzos although the hallucinations were probably from the alcohol. I actually somewhat enjoyed that in an odd way it was sort of trippy. Outside of feeling sick an shaky as fuck along with everything else. Still, I find it hard to totally stop although I occasionally will get a fifth and drink it all in a day or two every once in a while then not drink for a while then do it again. Just so easily available, go to the grocery store and the liquor store is right there, had a shitty day or whatever. Yeah...

4. Pyros (MDPV, a-PVP, and a-PHP mostly) - Had a big problem with this shit when it was readily available. Of everything I've used, I'd say this shit was the most fiendish. But it also showed the most adverse effects due to increased usage. Of all the drugs I've ever done this is the only class where I'm very confident I flushed more than I've ever done, only to usually order more the next day. Then repeat the process after giving myself stimulant psychosis a few more times. This also drove most of my initial heavy benzo usage, as far as starting daily use with any sort of benzos. Of all the drugs I've ever done, these are the only 3 I'm really glad are now illegal. Have a feeling it'd be an on again off again thing if these were still around. a-PHiP is easily found but it sucks. I'm sure this could be sourced but I can't be bothered to search. Some dark shit after a while ago, anyone whose abused these knows what I mean. These drugs are evil as fuck lol, or maybe I'm just a drug addict.

Last edited:

Same here, although I haven't had full-on benzo withdrawal, my experience has been that during light benzo withdrawal/rebound anxiety, it was easy to stay away from them, even though I had grams sitting right over in my fridge. Sme with gabapetinoids like lyrica and phenibut... I have been severely addicted to these, and I can decide on a taper plan, and stick to it, despite having a tub of phenibut within arms' reach all day every day at work (I work at home and keep it on the shelf above my desk). I got through withdrawals and still use benzos and gabapentinoids semi-regularly.

But opiates, no way. If I have any, I will do them all. During withdrawal, all I can think about is doing opiates, a dose of opiates seems like it will be the greatest thing that could possibly happen to my life. I have to throw all of mine away, and even then, it's a herculean effort not to find a way to go out and score some more. In some ways, the cravings are the worst part because once the slightest thought of possibly doing opiates to alleviate the pain enters my mind, it's an epic battle of will not to give in to it. Insanely compulsive and nearly impossible not to do them if I have them.

Interestingly, GHB is the same way, though other GABAergics are not that way for me. Alcohol is weird because if I don't have any, I have absolutely no problem not thinking about it, and even if I do have some, but haven't had a sip that day, I have no problem. But once I have a drink, my willpower erodes quickly. I have never been dependent on alcohol though, even though it has caused me many problems (DUI included).

Same here, although I haven't had full-on benzo withdrawal, my experience has been that during light benzo withdrawal/rebound anxiety, it was easy to stay away from them, even though I had grams sitting right over in my fridge. Sme with gabapetinoids like lyrica and phenibut... I have been severely addicted to these, and I can decide on a taper plan, and stick to it, despite having a tub of phenibut within arms' reach all day every day at work (I work at home and keep it on the shelf above my desk). I got through withdrawals and still use benzos and gabapentinoids semi-regularly.

But opiates, no way. If I have any, I will do them all. During withdrawal, all I can think about is doing opiates, a dose of opiates seems like it will be the greatest thing that could possibly happen to my life. I have to throw all of mine away, and even then, it's a herculean effort not to find a way to go out and score some more. In some ways, the cravings are the worst part because once the slightest thought of possibly doing opiates to alleviate the pain enters my mind, it's an epic battle of will not to give in to it. Insanely compulsive and nearly impossible not to do them if I have them.

Interestingly, GHB is the same way, though other GABAergics are not that way for me. Alcohol is weird because if I don't have any, I have absolutely no problem not thinking about it, and even if I do have some, but haven't had a sip that day, I have no problem. But once I have a drink, my willpower erodes quickly. I have never been dependent on alcohol though, even though it has caused me many problems (DUI included).
I am a ghb addict (with stims) and i have the same . Alcohol is not addictive for me at all weirdly . Benzo's also absolute no problems with.

Alcohol, benzos and gabapentinoid drugs have some of the worst withdrawals, especially benzos. From what I've read, Phenibut has some of the most gruesome longterm withdrawals ever, on par or worse than a CT'd xanax.

It's pretty clear that "worst addiction" has many aspects. Most compulsive, most dangerous to withdraw from, worst for your body while addicted...

I do know that, in my experience, once someone gets addicted to Heroin they will steal from you. Will steal from their mother.

However, an opioid addict who has their supply can hardly even be distinguished from anyone else. I worked in Kentucky for 30 years, during the Appalachian Oxycontin days. There were more than a few coworkers who I found by accident were taking lottsa pills a day. Wouldn't know it to look at them.

Benzos? Well, been there done that. Regular blackouts, getting up in the morning and looking out the window hoping your car is there. Fun.

Last edited:
True, I guess on a broader scale the worst addiction can just be something that occurs in your own mind. When me and my friends were 17 we'd steal odd money from around the house, change jars and such, literally looking under our beds for dimes and shit just to smoke a joint for the night. I'll never forget going to a gas station with like, 100 coins and the guy just sighs like fuck, I really have to give them change for this. That's just a minor example though, you could apply it to pills just as easily. We were super addicted to weed, and to this day I'm very addicted to THC in general.

Also am addicted to kratom, need to get off Valium and Gabapentin as well. There was a brief period in 2019 where I'd just go around looking for odd pills in either my parents or relatives house to see what there was. That's how I got fucked up off Gabapentin my first time, early 2019. I wasn't prescribed it for anxiety until autumn 2020. But throughout 2019 I'd find ambien or temazepam etc. I read The Basketball Diaries around that time and it sort of made me realize what I was turning into. Thankfully that was halted, but I still have to get off everything (except THC, that's something I just can't live without). For anyone unfamiliar with that book (or maybe just saw the movie) the book is way, way more raunchy. 13 year old basketball star sleeping with old men for heroin money, falling asleep in old warehouses full of roaches and rats getting filled with junk, meanwhile nobody at his school new and he was pulling chicks and being a basketball star.

seriously, I conisder myself pretty mentally strong and I was on fent pills, 10 a day and took a sub not knowing what PW were and I ended up in the ER puking and screaming in pain. I was in so much pain and puking that they gave me morphine b/c they thought my balls were entangled or something ahahah it immediately made me feel better.
It was seriously wild I remember it and I had to start my new job 3 days later hahaha Jesus and now im munching tons of oxy and off the fent. I go from kratom---Subs----Oxy--- rinse repeat. If its gonna be more then 3-4 days between oxy, ill take 2mg of subs a day until I stock up or ill take kratom extract between oxy cops

It's pretty clear that "worst addiction" has many aspects. Most compulsive, most dangerous to withdraw from, worst for your body while addicted...

I do know that, in my experience, once someone gets addicted to Heroin they will steal from you. Will steal from their mother.

However, an opioid addict who has their supply can hardly even be distinguished from anyone else. I worked in Kentucky for 30 years, during the Appalachian Oxycontin days. There were more than a few coworkers who I found by accident were taking lottsa pills a day. Wouldn't know it to look at them.

Benzos? Well, been there done that. Regular blackouts, getting up in the morning and looking out the window hoping your car is there. Fun.
Its so funny, I never did the driving thing but I do know what your talking about when you wake up and you don't remember what you did the night before and its not like drinking black out, its a complete black out. Makes your night feel like it was a dream or nightmare, depending on how you look at it.......You can get in real bad trouble when mixing Xanax and alcohol

I find it odd because cigarettes aren't even psychoactive. I mean you don't get intoxicated off tobacco.
What the heck you talking abt man? 😂😂😂
Cigarettes give you a mad head and body rush, when you are rolling or high on opiates, cocaine, etc. Smoking feels better than oxygen, feels so gooooood. Xd

What the heck you talking abt man? 😂😂😂
Cigarettes give you a mad head and body rush, when you are rolling or high on opiates, cocaine, etc. Smoking feels better than oxygen, feels so gooooood. Xd
I have lots of smokers in my life. They just say it's 'relaxing'. Nobody I know ever claimed a cig put them in an altered state of consciousness 😶