• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I.V. Heroin Tips/Tricks Wanted

Am I the only one who has never had to use a tourney in the 4+ years of daily IV use? My junkie friends were always jealous about how visible my veins in my arms are..even now only the one in the crook of my elbow has collapsed after all this time.

my number one tip to somebody who hasn't IVed yet:
don't do it, you will regret it.

:\

Most of my friends are all IV users or were and none of the ones who have quit regret it all and neither do eye and eye started doing so in the hospital new years 09 if your willing to put a needle in your arm and regret that choice later you just retarded and have no business doing drugs in the first place not that doing drugs is smart but eye believe too man e people are too fucking moronic to handle their shit so yeah. just know what your doing before you do it cause yeah once you inject ever e other method (at least in my opinion) isn't worth it and a waste so yeah. oh and here's a tip hun when in search for a vein always feel for a vein rather then just depend on sight cuz im a BBW girl and can't see my veins for shit and also studying to be a phlebotomist but eye never miss and usuall e hit in one shot so that a tip from my school and its reall e effective <3=D

Am I the only one who has never had to use a tourney in the 4+ years of daily IV use? My junkie friends were always jealous about how visible my veins in my arms are..even now only the one in the crook of my elbow has collapsed after all this time.

same here doll never tie off used to when eye shot in my hands but now just hit the vein in the crook no tying off or n e thing just WAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Ice the injection site for 20 minutes after every hit and after hot h2o therapy on misses to reduce bruising.

don't use cigarette filters as your cotton.

when I tie off, there are veins that I can feel but not necessarily see. A small dot with a pen in the dead center of the vein reduces my anxiety about missing on a blind vein, and I find that its usually the anxiety, not my ability that causes me to miss. I haven't missed a blind vein since I started marking them.

use as little water as possible. the more solution, the harder it is to manipulating the rig while registering and pushing.

On a related point, once my veins got scarred up a bit I found the highest success rate was pushing a half inch needle all the way in with full intent of poking all the way through the vein, then very slowly pulling back and getting a register when it's back in. This is particularly a useful technique with dull needles where reuse has worn off the lubricant; it really holds the vein open and locks it in when you register. Obviously you should avoid reusing needles in the first place, but in practice sometimes it happens because many areas have poor access to new equipment.

I really don't think this should be a recommended practice. When you poke through the underside of your vein, you're inflicting at least twice as much trauma as is needed, and will cause said veins to become unusable in half the time. One should never intentionally puncture the underside of a vein, ESPECIALLY if you're using dull needles, which would cause an incredible amount of damage to that vein due to two jagged perforations in the same spot.

Most of my friends are all IV users or were and none of the ones who have quit regret it all and neither do eye and eye started doing so in the hospital new years 09 if your willing to put a needle in your arm and regret that choice later you just retarded and have no business doing drugs in the first place not that doing drugs is smart but eye believe too man e people are too fucking moronic to handle their shit so yeah. just know what your doing before you do it cause yeah once you inject ever e other method (at least in my opinion) isn't worth it and a waste so yeah. oh and here's a tip hun when in search for a vein always feel for a vein rather then just depend on sight cuz im a BBW girl and can't see my veins for shit and also studying to be a phlebotomist but eye never miss and usuall e hit in one shot so that a tip from my school and its reall e effective <3=D

You really think that people who regret IV use are retarded. Really. One of the most self-destructive, dangerous forms of drug use that has consumed many a life, with numerous people following the needle to the grave. There are very few IDUs that don't have their quality of living severely diminished due to their use. From the people I've met on bluelight and elsewhere, I'd say at least 90% of recovered IV users regret it, or at least to the extent that they ended up injecting. That's an incredibly ignorant, inconsiderate statement regarding IDUs; if/when you hit bottom and lose your family, job, loved ones, house, car, children, and sell your possessions for "one more fix", I have a feeling you'll be pretty regretful.

And yes, I am a daily IV user. I enjoy it like nothing else, but I will be the first to admit that it's an unhealthy habit, and that I probably shouldn't have started.

I have actually accidentally used vodka rather than water when cookin up a shot & was pretty great.

Give it a try. It'll probably catch fire but just blow it out. Haha.

I have actually accidentally used vodka rather than water when cookin up a shot & was pretty great.

Give it a try. It'll probably catch fire but just blow it out. Haha.

You win for dumbest post in this thread.Congrats. And no do not do this people.

if you can get a script to seroquel for insomnia (which is easy) it will boost any opiate and make you nod out off minimal dosages. dont shoot up in your arteries. if your using those cheap insulin rigs make sure your dont break the needle off into your vein, that shit can get stuck in there. always take the tie off right after you plug.

thank you for creating this post and to all for answering it! ive learned more in the last hour then weeks scouring the internet! im obviously new (tolerance to pills was getting to high and expensive) and ive MUCH to learn! thank you !!!

Great thread, i learned a few new tricks. Here are some of my experienced knowledge.. If you cant find a vein do 10 push ups and cluth your fist after tieing off. If you reuse needles which i never do, rinse it our with water or alchohol if you have any. Dont heat up your shit, all it does is dissolve the cut in your bags.. Good H will dissolve in cold water. Just mix it up GOOD.

not exactly HR but a zippo is a junkies best friend
-you got the lighter
-lid of lighter works for cooker
-contains cotton which can be rinsed and used to filter

like I said its not best HR advice but it is a "tip/trick"

also don't tie off if you don't need too. I didn't tie off while I was using.

I might have missed ther explanation, but can you tell me why this is so bad? I have been doing it for years...

Ideally when poking a hole into your flesh/vein you want this to close as quickly as possible. Ethanol dilutes the blood/ has anti-coagulant properties which supposedly worsens the damage. That's why the standard hospital procedure is Alcohol swab before and cotton After. A ( really) clean(!) tissue wil also work though

That is incorrect about heating doesn't allow more solute into the solution. Heating, dissolving, then cooling super saturates a solution above the threshold it could normally hold at the "room" temperature. Heating also dissolves more adulterants so this is against harm reduction

That is incorrect about heating doesn't allow more solute into the solution. Heating, dissolving, then cooling super saturates a solution above the threshold it could normally hold at the "room" temperature. Heating also dissolves more adulterants so this is against harm reduction

^^^

This. Poster is clearly trolling as he has spammed the site with the exact same post in multiple forums. Posts have been UA'ed due to the broadcasting of false and anti-HR information.

Pulp fiction always has the most real to me scene when john travolta is blasting and then the drive. Oh that drive. The smile, the licking of the lips...

Great thread.

Also sad. As an on again off again user for 8 years now, I've lost everything, gained it back and lost it again..

Reading this makes me feel an actual pulse in my elbow.

Stay safe.

glad i read this thread as i usually wont release my tie until after i push the plunger down and do the shot i will start releasing it before from now on. also as far as registering do you guys usually go into vein and then pull up to see if you registered or can you put the needle in and then pull up to cause a vacuum and then push thru into the vein to see the blood fly in? is there any harm to doing it this way? i usually try and get into the vein before pulling back but a lot of times im not in the vein yet so i end up causing the vacuum then pushing down further and hitting the vein-- does this cause any damage?

^^

I always use the vacuum method. It works really well and doesn't do any extra harm, no.

I was just reading over some of this thread about missed shots and I did a shot and what do u kno- I missed! I put the needle in and registered. So I started pushing the plunger down and had no pain or anything but I felt a little cold feeling as if someone was squirting the shot on my arm but...inside my arm...so I thought oh shit im missing and I pulled back and blood came into the chamber again so I thought thats weird seems like Im still in the vein and I continued to push the rest of the sbot in. Got that kinda cold runny feeling again and sure enough the area swelled up- I missed the shot- what the hell? How did I still register both times I pulled up...maybe I was only like halfway in it or something?

Anyway I find it more convenient to run some water on a rag and microwave it then use it was a warm compress. It seems to work better cuz you can get it hotter and dont have to waste as much water or stand with your arm in the sink. Though you do keep having to reheat the compress ever few min.

Hkw long does the swelling usually last for you guys before it goes back down to normal? Damn I havent missed a shot in a long time! Talk about coincidence that it happens after I read about missing shots...

another tip for heating the area instead of a compress which cools off pretty fast id sumtimes make a hot cup of tea and press the cup/mug against the missed shot. If its a ceramic cup it will stay hot for a long time and works very well but sometimes you have to wait a a bit for the mug to cool down because you could easily burn yourself.

Last edited:
^^^

Usually just lasts about 24 hours, or at least gets much much better within 24 hours. Using a hot compress and the and ice pack, alternating as necessary for the first few hours, helps a lot.