• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I.V. Heroin Tips/Tricks Wanted

sixpartseven said:
^ I don't know about that. I have never had shaky hands mess me up when IVing. They would have to be shaking pretty violently to throw you off that bad. If they are messing you up, try resting your hand on the forearm of the arm you are shooting in to to steady it.

I think most missed shots happen because people rush through the process and try to hit as fast as possible. If you take your time (I know, its very hard when you're sick) and make sure you register properly before AND after releasing the tie (if you even tie off to begin with. I don't), you should never have problems with missing.

You guys are forgetting about the chance that you break though the vein after you register by accidentally pushing down on the whole set instead of just the plunger (or something along those lines). This has happened to me a handful of times, and is now the reason why I pull back a second time to make sure i'm still in. The reason that I do this is because i've actually missed shots that didn't hurt/burn/sting at all because i was in the vein to begin with and then broke though during the shot. So I recommend pulling back twice, once to see if your in the vein and the second around half-way though to make sure you're still in it. =D

Good luck out there.

blue622 said:
You guys are forgetting about the chance that you break though the vein after you register by accidentally pushing down on the whole set instead of just the plunger (or something along those lines). This has happened to me a handful of times, and is now the reason why I pull back a second time to make sure i'm still in. The reason that I do this is because i've actually missed shots that didn't hurt/burn/sting at all because i was in the vein to begin with and then broke though during the shot. So I recommend pulling back twice, once to see if your in the vein and the second around half-way though to make sure you're still in it. =D

Good luck out there.

On a related point, once my veins got scarred up a bit I found the highest success rate was pushing a half inch needle all the way in with full intent of poking all the way through the vein, then very slowly pulling back and getting a register when it's back in. This is particularly a useful technique with dull needles where reuse has worn off the lubricant; it really holds the vein open and locks it in when you register. Obviously you should avoid reusing needles in the first place, but in practice sometimes it happens because many areas have poor access to new equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
svacheme3 said:
On a related point, once my veins got scarred up a bit I found the highest success rate was pushing a half inch needle all the way in with full intent of poking all the way through the vein, then very slowly pulling back and getting a register when it's back in. This is particularly a useful technique with dull needles where reuse has worn off the lubricant; it really holds the vein open and locks it in when you register. Obviously you should avoid reusing needles in the first place, but in practice sometimes it happens because many areas have poor access to new equipment.

i use the same techinque except for very small veins with which one has to be more carefull

Good advice...

svacheme3 said:

Hmm, this seems interesting and i'm going to try it out. Seems like it would sting a little bit more then usual tho... :\ And like you stated in your reply how some areas have poor access to new equipment, that's my case exactly. I live in New Jersey... We have two needle exchange locations that are open once a week and are completely in need of some funding... Also it's illegal to have a syringe/needle on you and you need a prescription to get them. But just when I was about to lose all hope.... I recently found out that in New York you can buy needles at the pharmacies without a prescription... =D But still, it's a pretty far journey... So it looks like i'm going to have to stock up when I go.

I missed a shot once in my upper arm, and it got so bad I couldn't move it. Then someone said I should try ibuprofen (ibux in norway, you get it otc too) because its anti-inflammatory, so i took about a gram of ibuprofen and after 4 hours my arm was totally fine again. Seriously, if you miss a shot, just take a gram of ibuprofen and it'll be fine within hours. You can take it right after the miss or days later when it's turning into an abscess or what not.

Last edited:
nodnormal said:
I missed a shot once in my upper arm, and it got so bad I couldn't move it. Then someone said I should try ibuprofen (ibux in norway) because its anti-inflammatory, so i took about a gram of ibuprofen and after 4 hours my arm was totally fine again. Seriously, if you miss a shot, just take a gram of ibuprofen and it'll be fine within hours. You can take it right after the miss or days later when it's turning into an abscess or what not.

This seems very interesting... Only thing I don't understand is the dose of "a gram of ibuprofen". Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Ibuprofen just in pill form? Or am I just thinking of something completely different? Please explain further.
Thanks... :)

Yeah, every time I miss a shot I wait a day or so to see if it's going to get bad, then I just take 4 or 5 200mg pills and it's fine after a couple of hours. Works wonders!

Thank you for clarifying this. This is something i'm going to start doing to prevent abscess's and infections. :)

I didn' read this thread, so I don't know if anyone has said this yet, excuse me if they have.

I just posted this in a different thread about IVing, then remembered this thread was here, so I copied it and I'm pasting it here. So it might be in a weird context. Either way, its a good "trick" for IVing:

A good tactic to register is as soon as you pierce the skin, but before you hit the vein, pull the plunger back. This creates a vacuum in the syringe. That way, as soon as you hit the vein, the blood will literally fly into the syringe. This is great for a few reasons. Its foolproof, you always know when you are in. Its super easy. You don't have to worry about slipping out by registering the 'traditional' way. More reasons I can't think of. Maybe someone else wants to go into more detail. This is a great tip for injecting. Try it out sometime.

i'm pretty new to iv. i actually started with roxis too. didn't feel much from a 20mg. felt more after snorted 20mg. anyways. i too always pull back when i'm in the vein to make sure i'm in. then try as hard to just pull the plunger in and not the whole set. i can only alternate between 2 spots. and that's the inner elbow. that has to be the easiest vein to hit. but it's the only vein that shows up on my arm. even when i put a tornique around my arm.

If you think you have an infection, get some heparin-based gel/lotion and rub it on the injection site. If that doesn't cure it, see a doctor.

Steps to take when you miss your shot...

The last few replies seem to have created a nice little method to help prevent the development of an abscess/infection.

WHEN A MISSED SHOT OCCURS!​

• Clean the area of the missed shot.
  • Run the area of the missed shot under warm/hot water to raise the tempature and help the heroin get absorbed into the muscle.
  • Take 1,000mg of Ibuprofen.
  • And finish it off by rubbing some heparin-based gel/lotion on the injection site.

blue622 said:

Good luck out there.

No Im not forgetting. If you would have read my entire post, you'd see that you basically just repeated what I said.

I said to "register before AND after releasing the tie." Is that not the same thing you are saying?

svacheme3 said:

I did the exact same thing when I was using daily. My veins were so shit I really had no other choice.

I dont suggest doing this if you dont have to. Its best left as a "last resort" trick, but it does work.

Shoot sitting down. That way, you won't fuck yourself up if you lose consciousness

Found that one out the hard way.

Another mistake I did was injecting 3ml into my forearm while still tied off. Blew a vein.

Things not to do list.

johanneschimpo said:
A good tactic to register is as soon as you pierce the skin, but before you hit the vein, pull the plunger back. This creates a vacuum in the syringe. That way, as soon as you hit the vein, the blood will literally fly into the syringe. This is great for a few reasons. Its foolproof, you always know when you are in. Its super easy. You don't have to worry about slipping out by registering the 'traditional' way. More reasons I can't think of. Maybe someone else wants to go into more detail. This is a great tip for injecting. Try it out sometime.

could someone just answer a question i have in regards to this. i have shot a couple times myself and was never aware of this. when i shot and pulled back to try and verify a hit, when i hadn't hit yet and pulled back it seems as if there is a air bubble that gets sucked in. I'm assuming this is suction being created. but how would i continue to proceed if there is not air in the syringe?

thanks for the help in advanced