• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I.V. Heroin Tips/Tricks Wanted

^^^

Usually just lasts about 24 hours, or at least gets much much better within 24 hours. Using a hot compress and the and ice pack, alternating as necessary for the first few hours, helps a lot.

Ive had the same thing happen before, being someone who has naturally small veins. Ive missed a shit ton of shots. What Mr Scags says is spot one like always, but something Ive found to help me personally is a vasodilation supplement like L-arginine or something of the sorts-in addition to RICE(Rest-ice-compression-elevation). I dont know any of the science behind it, but IME it always seemed to help with situations like this.

^^

yeah that could definitely help as well. I mean, the main thing is to just make sure it doesn't get any worse. If it's not better in a day or two or is getting more pronounced, then you might have a problem beyond just a standard miss and you should get checked out.

But, 9 times out of 10, it's just a normal old miss, and it'll go away in a day, sometimes even in just a few hours, especially if you immediately put the hot compress on it and massage the area gently for 20 minutes or so.

Well the swelling from my missed shot is completely gone my arm looks normal. But when I feel that area its still feels hard under the skin and hurts when I press on it (not a lot its like the kind of pain u get when pressing on a bruise). If this pretty normal? Wonderin, why does its still feels "hard"? Im all done with this batch n I plan on not gettin anymore just hoping I didnt cause any serious damage from this past few days of shootin...

^^

Yeah it's pretty normal. Is it a spot you keep hitting a lot? Those hard lump things end up forming over time, but will go away or just get a lot better if you leave that spot alone for a while.

as has been said, normal swelling and pain from a missed shot usually only lasts a day. you'll know by that point whether or not it's getting better on its own or whether it has developed into an infection or something similarly serious. as long as it's not red or hot, it's probably not infected. if it does become red or hot though, you should really get it checked out.

early in my IV career I missed a shot in my wrist (which is not a good place to shoot generally but it was the only one I could find because at the time my technique was bad, and I had really messed my veins up). after only half a day it was worse, not better. my arm hurt way worse than a regular missed shot, which is kind of subjective--but what's not subjective is that my whole wrist was red and hot, and the pain started moving up my arm. 24 hours in, the pain was all the way at my bicep, and the redness had spread halfway up my arm. clearly something was wrong so I went to the ER, afraid I would lose my hand or something! they diagnosed it as cellulitis (which is a skin infection) and lymphangitis, which means the bacteria had travelled from the wound into my lymph nodes. pretty scary shit. I had to take antibiotics and stay in the hospital for a day and they also said I was at risk for permanent joint damage due to the location of the infection (thankfully that didn't happen).

the moral of the story is: wrists can be tricky due to how skinny the veins are (not to mention all the nerves and arteries around there), always use sterile equipment and filter, and if you have a physical complication that is getting worse, go to the hospital! it may be awkward and you may even get some dirty looks but it's worth it to avoid potentially permanent complications.

If you have air in your body and it finds its way to the hart it will cause it to stop. Also air come in contact with blood make it start the clotting process.

If you have air in your body and it finds its way to the hart it will cause it to stop. Also air come in contact with blood make it start the clotting process.
It would require several Cc's (ml's) of air to actually cause an embolism. I used to keep about a 0.05cc of air to squeeze out the last bit in a rig. Still alive and kicking 8 years after my first shot. Also I use intramuscular injections of aas these days and most of my shots have a bit of air in it to flush the "dead space" in larger barrels. Still alive and kicking 3 years after starting that.

I wouldn't purposely leave air in, but I don't care to squirt my solution out to guarantee that there's no air bubble. I have read though it takes more than a full insulin rigs worth of air, but I still wouldn't risk it and remove as much air as possible. During moments of suicidal ideation I researched it trying to see if it would be an easy suicide method, but apparently it's not.

I wouldn't purposely leave air in, but I don't care to squirt my solution out to guarantee that there's no air bubble. I have read though it takes more than a full insulin rigs worth of air, but I still wouldn't risk it and remove as much air as possible. During moments of suicidal ideation I researched it trying to see if it would be an easy suicide method, but apparently it's not.

Air bubbles in syringes are harmless, it's just one of these persistent drug myths going around for decades now that they will kill you. You're right it takes way more than a full insulin syringe of air (one doc once told me the minimum is 20 ml for adults, imagine the huge syringe) and if one would try it for suicide chances are you'd stop after pressing a bit because your heart reacts with extremely painful contractions. You might suffer an infarct but the said doc told me air embolism by accident in hospitals for example are extremely rare.

You don't necessarily have to lose any of your solution if you get the air bubble to the top. And is the suicide ideation drug induced?

You don't necessarily have to lose any of your solution if you get the air bubble to the top. And is the suicide ideation drug induced?
I'd rather not discuss it, but it revolves around experiencing neglected chronic pain on the grounds it's just addiction, which I've tried to accept only to end up with the same suicidal ideation when optimism is criticized out of me trying to not use yet still not able to function in fact being worse off. Again I'd rather not discuss it as it's an easy trigger and I just had a night of reoccurring nightmare about 5 times tonight each time waking up in pain. Honestly not a way to live when it leaves one restless at best

I'd rather not discuss it, but it revolves around experiencing neglected chronic pain on the grounds it's just addiction, which I've tried to accept only to end up with the same suicidal ideation when optimism is criticized out of me trying to not use yet still not able to function in fact being worse off. Again I'd rather not discuss it as it's an easy trigger and I just had a night of reoccurring nightmare about 5 times tonight each time waking up in pain. Honestly not a way to live when it leaves one restless at best

Interesting. Didn't mean to pluck any strings that weren't meant for pluckin'. Stuff can get dark for those of us that choose these "alternative" lifestyles. That may not be the word I'm looking for but my point is I've been there and I didn't intend to get too personal. Thanks for the response anyways taco

... Have an inexausttible supply of cash..

... Buy only from your Mother...
Hire armed Guards...
Make friends with All E.R. staff @ hospital..
Be nice... To everybody...
Give local Cops bottles( or cases ) of Scoth or Southern comfort @ xmas... Rinse, Repeat
Have Lots of Narcan & a Good Friend standing by.. Don't shoot up alone...
A responsible. Adult who doesn't use is best...
... Make Funeral plans in advance !
I've lost too many Friends down the rabbit hole
( they never came back out...)
...& one beautiful. Woman... I still weep
John... 78 yrs old...

i know its not strictly IV but i've heard that to prep a shot of no. 3 heroin (the smoke-able stuff that we get in the UK)
you cook it up like an IV shot with citric acid and water and a bit of heat.
then you just suck it up into an oral syringe andddd boop, up it goes.

did i get it right or are there other steps that i missed? and i'm talking about no. 3 junk, the brown sugar that's not as refined as the white, snortable smack in 'Mercia

usually miss shots happen when your really hanging out for a taste and your hands are shaking and your not taking all the proper care you know you should take, you just want that gear inside as fast as possible

This was all me today- so frustrating! My hands were shaking so because I'm a smaller female and I have no really visible veins- For the days I just can't find anything it helps to do something like push ups or run up and down the stairs to get your blood flowing. A hot shower works too...

Does anyone have any advice for good veins that aren't visible in a T-shirt or tank top

Also every time I do a shot I either can't release the belt, or I always move out of the vein as soon as I see the flash. I end up with a bunch of blood filled syringes, that usually contains what's left of my last bit of dope...

Does anyone have any advice about techniques or hand positions so you can pull thy plunger back without losing the vein or blowing out the vein completely?

Also any advice for covering up track marks so that it looks natural and stays on???

I've heard that holding a cotton ball soaked in white vinegar on a bruise will speed up the healing process a lot but I haven't really tried because the smell is so awful.

Right now it's cold so I can get away with long sleeves but next week it's supposed to be in the 90's and I have to wear a tshirt to work...