Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fuck my life....

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahah, someones been watching too much American cop shows!!

You had no 'Priors' and were 'complient' and they needed something 'Pin on you".
As much as I hate the way Australian law, I cringe when Australians thinking we have a protected bill of rights, WHEN WE ABSOLUTLY DO NOT! Then cite various shit they herd on TV.

To me it sounds like you need to think smarter when you roam the streets carrying no less than three smoking impliments,a grinder and while coming down/hungover. Seriously mate you may very well feel hard done by and feeling sorry for your self, but I think you need to look back at your actions and hopfully learn from them.

Yes its shitty that enjoying most drugs in Australia are illegal,
Yes Australia should progress with liberalising our drug laws.
Yes Australia should consider certain guaranteed right for its citizens(and immigrants).

Im sorry, but to me you sound like a spoilt brat that had his feelings hurt when you were absolutly doing somthing wrong and were caught.

Sorry if what im saying sounded rude, but I have absolutly felt the frustration with our law that you are talikng about.

To me it sounds like you need to think smarter when you roam the streets carrying no less than three smoking impliments,a grinder and while coming down/hungover. Seriously mate you may very well feel hard done by and feeling sorry for your self, but I think you need to look back at your actions and hopfully learn from them.
try reading his posts again...

police have to follow procedures in australia just like the united states, it can be helpful to know your rights and assert them appropriately, just because we don't have a 'bill of rights' doesn't mean we lack legal safeguards protecting us from random searches of property by police.
putting them into practice may not aways be a simple task - cops are often very skilful bullies - but i don't think the US bill of rights affords certain americans any more protection from abuse of police powers than it does certain australians.
if they want to nab you, they'll do anything they can get away with.

Last edited:
I was serious mate.
Everything you have posted so far can be used against you.

It doesn't bother me. I have said all this to them already and if they don't have it on record it's their own fault.

hahahah, someones been watching too much American cop shows!!

You had no 'Priors' and were 'complient' and they needed something 'Pin on you".
As much as I hate the way Australian law, I cringe when Australians thinking we have a protected bill of rights, WHEN WE ABSOLUTLY DO NOT! Then cite various shit they herd on TV.

Yes its shitty that enjoying most drugs in Australia are illegal,
Yes Australia should progress with liberalising our drug laws.
Yes Australia should consider certain guaranteed right for its citizens(and immigrants).

Im sorry, but to me you sound like a spoilt brat that had his feelings hurt when you were absolutly doing somthing wrong and were caught.

Sorry if what im saying sounded rude, but I have absolutely felt the frustration with our law that you are talking about.

My smoking implements were at my house. Hadn't been used in a few weeks and were completely clean. I was at home and tried sleeping, but somewhere along the line I either sleepwalked or was in a delirious state and left the house. You're a fool if you think that's why I feel hard done by. I would have happily taken what ever was thrown at me for THE CRIME I COMMITTED. Not the one they found later on. Which isn't a crime in everything I've read (I may be wrong but from the new paraphernalia laws it is only illegal to sell or purchase a smoking implement with the intent of using it for illegal drugs) I know dozens of people who enjoy baccy bongs over a whole cigarette.

I know that I made it home prior to the run in with the police otherwise I would have had my identification on me.

Sorry mate I misread your post, You not having anything on you is pretty fucked up, but to me it sounds like you were fucked up then invited them into you home where they found your pipes?
Sorry if I seemed rude but it shits me that people who take pride in knowing the effects and dangers of drugs, and yet still have very little knowlege about the law regarding possesstion and use of these drugs.

Sorry mate I misread your post, You not having anything on you is pretty fucked up, but to me it sounds like you were fucked up then invited them into you home where they found your pipes?
Sorry if I seemed rude but it shits me that people who take pride in knowing the effects and dangers of drugs, and yet still have very little knowlege about the law regarding possesstion and use of these drugs.

It's all good man. I've just been in a panic since and it has got to me that I get busted for paraphernalia when I don't have any illicit substances. There was no reason for them to enter the house (other than to make sure I wasn't going to grab a weapon) and there was definitely no reason for them to ever go into my room.

I have a meeting with the officers, their captain and my solicitor tomorrow so I can explain my side of what actually happened in a more coherent manner.

^ wow, that's not necessary.

Its not like he was peering in windows looking for little kids or something, he was simply trying to get home. I cut through people's houses to and just wave and go. Maybe it's an Australian thing but most people here don't care unless your acting like a dick.

Also, I don't know about your laws but here I can go to the headshop buy a bunch of glass and its all legal. Any hint of residue and you'll get a charge

He was fucked out of his head and was in the backyard for long enough for the cops to be called and for him to be still there when they arrived. He admits himself that he has no recollection how he got there, and that the first thing he remembers is the cops yelling at him. I don't know what sort off commune living arrangments you have with your neighbours but I live in the inner city and I cherish not only my privacy but also my children's safety. If some strung out dude is jumping fences into my backyard then I expect them to be dealt with by the police. Like several people have alluded to, he is lucky he wasn't confronted by a pissed off dad who decided there was no time to call the cops.

As for the so called police harassment, if being drug fucked whilst trespassing isn't reasonable suspicion that you had illegal drugs on your property then I don't know what is. In all honesty I'm surprised you didn't have anything else in your house and I'm just a poor Joe Blow from the street. So you may have been too fucked up to under stand your rights? Well surely that is your own fault. You had illegal seeds, and a couple of bongs. I have never seen a used bong that was polished up and autoclaved so don't kid yourself that they have no residue on them. You did the crime now is the time to man up and accept the punishment. You are not going to jail time so accept your fine and learn a lesson from your experience.

It is a war on drugs people, time you realised that and fought a little smarter.

there are no winners in wars.

i feel sorry for all the fools attempting to put the boot in, one day the shoe will be on the other foot.

this thread is super sad. :(

If he wants a bunch of mates to tell him how hard done by he is, then fuck off to Facebook. If he wants an honest opinion on his situation he can start a thread on a drug forum.

Kick him when he's down. Really drive the 'lesson' home. Pfft.

So don't go through other peoples yards when you are drunk, if you give the cops an inch they will take a mile in this country, you have to be smarter than them and it doesn't really take much to do that, they are pretty low consciousness low IQ fuckwits, just stay one step ahead of them and don't do stupid things.

prisons are full of people who just talked their way right in there.

Last edited:
So don't go through other peoples yards when you are drunk, if you give the cops an inch they will take a mile in this country, you have to be smarter than them and it doesn't really take much do do that, they are pretty low consciousness low IQ fuckwits, just stay one step ahead of them and don't do stupid things.

prisons are full of people who just talked their way right in there.

Yeah I agree, simple, don't trespass unless your up for the consequences.

Kick him when he's down. Really drive the 'lesson' home. Pfft.

I wouldn't if there wasent so many holes in this story.

Op you said that you where taking a short cut home, didn't you come to your senses once they yelled at you?? How do you know you where heading home after you came to your senses.
Who knows what you had planned to do in someone's backyard.

No comment. Lawyer please. No comment.

That's it mate.

Stop asking the OP questions that could be used against him. He has said he is meeting with Lawyer and Police. Don't even take a small chance of stuffing it up for him.

I wouldn't if there wasent so many holes in this story.

Op you said that you where taking a short cut home, didn't you come to your senses once they yelled at you?? How do you know you where heading home after you came to your senses.
Who knows what you had planned to do in someone's backyard.

You have a point. I initially stated that I was on my way home because that's the last thing I remembered. It has since been stated that I had already made it home (hence why I had no id on me) and have no recollection of leaving the house again. I obviously blacked out from the alcohol in my system and the sleeping pills I took once I got home. It's no excuse for what happened though.

Having sat down with the police and my solicitor this morning, I made every effort to look respectable and put across the fact that I was not looking to get away with what I had done. I explained what I could not on the day of the incident, about the memory blanks and sleeping pills. My solicitor explained that in my condition that day it could be said in court that the police took advantage of the situation and collected 'evidence' that was in no way linked to the case. It would have been thrown out in court as a bong (or pipe/ grinder) by themselves is no indication of (recent) illicit drug use. If the paraphernalia laws were more specific, I could get a fine for owning them, but they're not. I told them I was deeply sorry for what I had done and that I understood how I would feel if some random intoxicated person appeared in my yard. However this was not what I was being punished for and that is the only reason I was fighting it.

In the end, I have to attend one Drug Diversion class and have to attend a psychiatrist evaluation twice a month for the next 3 months, failure to do so ends with a warrant for my arrest. Nothing is supposedly going on my public record (meaning it won't affect visa or police check applications) which is the main thing I wanted to sort out.

Chances are I'm going to get hassled more than I already do now, because once they put my name into their computer it'll come up with info on this recent event and the fact that I fought it. But it's sorted.

I can't believe how many of you seemingly skipped over the most part of this thread to simply judge me. Do you think that if you ever had a memory blank one day and ended up facing charges that you might want answers and help in figuring out where you stand legally?

For a community of people who in reality would all fall under the banner of 'criminals' a lot of you think that your shit doesn't fucking stink and that you'll never be in this position.

^ Good news mate.
I have felt all along that this is a mental health issue more than a criminal one.
Just stick to the obliged appointments, do what is expected, and you'll be fine.

That's some bad luck buddy, glad things haven't gotten to out of hand at least! Hope it all turns well for you buddy, stick to it and stay out of trouble!

Yeah that's a great outcome. It sounds like after 3 months you wont get hassled any more than anyone else if they looked you up. Good shit.

That is a pretty great outcome mate. I reflected last night on the many times I have had blackouts & can empathize with the situation. Who here has never been so fucked up they have no memory of what they have done? Pretty sure most of us have at one time or another......

Status
Not open for further replies.